Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all,

I have an Outerbanks WITH the LED Tailights. I hooked up the Curt wiring harness and things are acting all wonky. I thought it was working but when the lights came on Automatically this a.m. things starting acting weird.
1. The turn signal blinks really fast, like when a bulb is bad.
2. The rear turn blinkers only blink when the light switch is in off mode. The turn blinkers are always on (both and not blinking) when the lights are on.

Any suggestions on where to start? I'm pretty sure I did it correctly and wired everything with the hot wire to the battery.
Could it be a ground? I was wondering if the white wire with the eyelet connector was grounded properly.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all,

I have an Outerbanks WITH the LED Tailights. I hooked up the Curt wiring harness and things are acting all wonky. I thought it was working but when the lights came on Automatically this a.m. things starting acting weird.
1. The turn signal blinks really fast, like when a bulb is bad.
2. The rear turn blinkers only blink when the light switch is in off mode. The turn blinkers are always on (both and not blinking) when the lights are on.

Any suggestions on where to start? I'm pretty sure I did it correctly and wired everything with the hot wire to the battery.
Could it be a ground? I was wondering if the white wire with the eyelet connector was grounded properly.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
I am not familiar with the Curt harness. Is it compatible with the LED lights? They are PWM, so it needs to read the pulse and turn that pulse into a useable signal for the led it is triggering. I have been curious about how they make that a plug and play (I did successfully wire the Ford adapter to my Badlands).

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Others have used this harness on the LED's, it is the halogens that the harness needed to be adapted for. Maybe some of them will chime in. I am using this harness when my vehicle hopefully shows up next week so I hope there is not an issue.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

KDTX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, it is the one that others have used and have been succesful with. Hopefully someone will chime in. Thanks!

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Check your ground - Make sure the eyelet is tight on bare metal.

OP
OP

KDTX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check your ground - Make sure the eyelet is tight on bare metal.
FIXED! I couldn't stand it so I went out there and messed with it at lunch. On the harness there is a white wire grounding eyelet at the left side tailight that I thought was grounded but I had attached it to a piece of trim that had a rubber grommet on it. The screw was not touching the body. I moved that screw to some sheetmetal next to the light with a self tapping screw. It now works correctly! Thanks!!!

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your welcome.
Sponsored