Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Bronco Fans, Enthusiasts & Off Road Experts,

Thank you for taking a moment to read through and consider my request. I am a user on this Forum, and, the Bronco Sport Forum. However, fact is I am getting a Bronco Sport Badlands. Please note, it is due to my personal needs and wants, and it will be my primary driver. The Bronco is dope, all of it, just not something I am in the market for. Like many right out the gate Bronco Sport buyers, I need something that can take me many places, something that has a bit of everything, at a really great roi for the money.

Your expertise, your posts, your general enthusiasm is why I ask for a little help from those willing to give it. It would go a long way if some folks would consider creating some posts reviewing the Bronco Sport when you are at events like the Bronco East... or whatever youre at. Should you, no of course not, just simply asking for folks to consider it is all. I know the @Administrator would probably be willing to make your post mirrored on the Bronco Sport forum as well.

I'd do it, but I am in Northern California and we have not and will not see a Bronco Sport for a while. Here are some sorely needed topics, from folks like you who are seeing them in the Real; and, who really know about off roading and getting out there. Thanks again everyone and best of luck with your new vehicles!!!

John

Topics in Need of Review

Rear Seat Leg Room
Does the rear seat move?

Does the rear seat recline?

What does seating look like in rear with front seats in normal position...not all the way back?

With rear seats folded flat, how much room from behind front seat to back of cargo?

Engine & Suspension
I'm learning what I can, but it would be so cool for someone to do a video showing the undercarriage and engine bay, and just talk to us laymen regarding the specs. I saw the video of the Badlands in Moab, but that feels like a lifetime ago. And I really don't need another dealer saying the same old thing.

Off Roading
Where are some great spots in the country you see the Bronco Sport off roading. Its obviously not the Bronco, and probably not meant to hit Moab over and over... but then again I have no clue. Would just be exciting to consider the places we could go, based on the Sport's capabilities, and do the research from there.

Customizing
What would you all do if you were getting a Bronco Sport. What model would you go with; and what would you do to it and how? Would love to hear about this.

Other
As said from the introduction, you all definitely seem to know what you are talking about, would really appreciate anything you can provide by way of content.

Thank you to everyone, excited about any posts you start as I'll definitely be keeping my head on a swivel for it.

Cheers,

John
Sponsored

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Bronco Fans, Enthusiasts & Off Road Experts,

Thank you for taking a moment to read through and consider my request. I am a user on this Forum, and, the Bronco Sport Forum. However, fact is I am getting a Bronco Sport Badlands. Please note, it is due to my personal needs and wants, and it will be my primary driver. The Bronco is dope, all of it, just not something I am in the market for. Like many right out the gate Bronco Sport buyers, I need something that can take me many places, something that has a bit of everything, at a really great roi for the money.

Your expertise, your posts, your general enthusiasm is why I ask for a little help from those willing to give it. It would go a long way if some folks would consider creating some posts reviewing the Bronco Sport when you are at events like the Bronco East... or whatever youre at. Should you, no of course not, just simply asking for folks to consider it is all. I know the @Administrator would probably be willing to make your post mirrored on the Bronco Sport forum as well.

I'd do it, but I am in Northern California and we have not and will not see a Bronco Sport for a while. Here are some sorely needed topics, from folks like you who are seeing them in the Real; and, who really know about off roading and getting out there. Thanks again everyone and best of luck with your new vehicles!!!

John

Topics in Need of Review

Rear Seat Leg Room
Does the rear seat move?

Does the rear seat recline?

What does seating look like in rear with front seats in normal position...not all the way back?

With rear seats folded flat, how much room from behind front seat to back of cargo?

Engine & Suspension
I'm learning what I can, but it would be so cool for someone to do a video showing the undercarriage and engine bay, and just talk to us laymen regarding the specs. I saw the video of the Badlands in Moab, but that feels like a lifetime ago. And I really don't need another dealer saying the same old thing.

Off Roading
Where are some great spots in the country you see the Bronco Sport off roading. Its obviously not the Bronco, and probably not meant to hit Moab over and over... but then again I have no clue. Would just be exciting to consider the places we could go, based on the Sport's capabilities, and do the research from there.

Customizing
What would you all do if you were getting a Bronco Sport. What model would you go with; and what would you do to it and how? Would love to hear about this.

Other
As said from the introduction, you all definitely seem to know what you are talking about, would really appreciate anything you can provide by way of content.

Thank you to everyone, excited about any posts you start as I'll definitely be keeping my head on a swivel for it.

Cheers,

John
I don't have an account on the Sport forum but I will be there Sat. and I was going to look at the sports as well.. Ill let you know what I can

OP
OP

BobSlydel21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have an account on the Sport forum but I will be there Sat. and I was going to look at the sports as well.. Ill let you know what I can
That's what's up! Thank you... and honestly, anything anyone wants to post on this thread, a video, photos, commentary, etc... I'll post over in the Sport side. By the way I lived in Mobile for 2 years a while back. Worked for U of South Alabama.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's what's up! Thank you... and honestly, anything anyone wants to post on this thread, a video, photos, commentary, etc... I'll post over in the Sport side. By the way I lived in Mobile for 2 years a while back. Worked for U of South Alabama.
No problem at all man and yea I have been lookin at that sport with the lil lift on it, Ill probably never get one since Ill be getting a 4 Dr Bronco but it looks good. That cool, yea I have family down that way, I live in more central al.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it were not for the Bronco, the Sport would be getting a lot more fanfare. It's actually a pretty cool vehicle and should dominate its class. I'm sure you will enjoy it... and you don't have to wait for who knows how many months to get your hands on it.

Sponsored

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's made in Mexico if that ok with you. Sorry I'm just a ,made in the USA kind of person.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

John, I'm also on the Sport forum and still check in from time to time. I was considering a BS Badlands + BL option to provide the minor lift and larger tires. I think the BL is the only legitimate trim option on the Sport for offroad capabilities.

The reasons why I have steered away are a few - I hate the dated tech of synch 3 in a new vehicle. It's old before driving off the lot. Ideally, it would have the 2.3L ecoboost, but the BS maxes out at 2.0L. And the pricing, at $38K for the loaded up BL, I can get the Big Bend Bronco with Mid package.

A few items that I really like - The Alto Blue and Kodiak Brown are awesome colors. Wish they were on the Big Bronco. Also, I love their 17" faux-steelies. If the lug pattern was the same, I would be buying a set for my Big Bend. Also, the Sport has the sweet cargo mat whereas we are still bitching about carpet on the seat backs.

I'm still keeping an eye on the Sport and look forward to what changes are in store for MY2022. I think it would be a fun DD.

You should check out the Rebelle Rally going on this weekend. The prologue was today to determine tomorrow's starting order. There are 3 Bronco Sport(s) in the Rally. For you old timers, there is a '77 Bronco also in the Rally. Rebelle Rally to feature the Bronco Sport

OP
OP

BobSlydel21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No problem at all man and yea I have been lookin at that sport with the lil lift on it, Ill probably never get one since Ill be getting a 4 Dr Bronco but it looks good. That cool, yea I have family down that way, I live in more central al.
Birmingham is dope... I loved working for South Alabama. But I think Birmingham would have been up my alley. Especially near the College. I've also played every RTJ course. The ones in Montgomery are world class.

OP
OP

BobSlydel21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's made in Mexico if that ok with you. Sorry I'm just a ,made in the USA kind of person.
Its funny you say that, because its something I had to think on. To be fair though, my family has been Toyota for decades now. And in terms of this vehicle, its kind of an is what it is situation. As mentioned, I would love a full Bronco. Just not in the cards. I'm also big on buying USA made. Hard to do, but clothes, hats, camping gear, hiking, etc... I even golf game a set of 1982 Ben Hogan irons, because I wanted to play something made in USA instead of China.

In the long run, a vehicle buy from Ford, although made in Mexico, definitely supports American employees of Ford to continue their efforts on the other big ticket models. Plus, I'm also okay with supporting our neighbors to the South; knowing the working conditions are regulated by an American company. If there was a crossover SUV made in America... I'd be all over it...

So yea, it took me a few weeks to get over the idea, but then I realized in this specific case, the economic and sociological impacts outweigh the negatives, or so called negatives.

OP
OP

BobSlydel21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

John, I'm also on the Sport forum and still check in from time to time. I was considering a BS Badlands + BL option to provide the minor lift and larger tires. I think the BL is the only legitimate trim option on the Sport for offroad capabilities.

The reasons why I have steered away are a few - I hate the dated tech of synch 3 in a new vehicle. It's old before driving off the lot. Ideally, it would have the 2.3L ecoboost, but the BS maxes out at 2.0L. And the pricing, at $38K for the loaded up BL, I can get the Big Bend Bronco with Mid package.

A few items that I really like - The Alto Blue and Kodiak Brown are awesome colors. Wish they were on the Big Bronco. Also, I love their 17" faux-steelies. If the lug pattern was the same, I would be buying a set for my Big Bend. Also, the Sport has the sweet cargo mat whereas we are still bitching about carpet on the seat backs.

I'm still keeping an eye on the Sport and look forward to what changes are in store for MY2022. I think it would be a fun DD.

You should check out the Rebelle Rally going on this weekend. The prologue was today to determine tomorrow's starting order. There are 3 Bronco Sport(s) in the Rally. For you old timers, there is a '77 Bronco also in the Rally. Rebelle Rally to feature the Bronco Sport
Yea I'm excited about the Rebelle Rally as someone who knows nothing and has no background involvement in off roading or its racing component. Good chatter there.

Its interesting you bring up 2022... I just feel like they are going to drop the 2.3l that year as well. Its something I found odd... the Escape gets the 2.3l but not the Sport?! I genuinely wonder if there is a real logistical reason for avoiding the 2.3l though... specs that just prevent it, size of the vehicle, etc. Wish there was someone with Ford engine knowledge who could answer this for sure. Don't want the buyers remorse as I have been saving for a long time to get the right vehicle. Passed on the Rav4 last year after internal debates for a while... just need this Sport to be the guy you know.

Sponsored

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I probably should not be sharing this pics but we had a ford rep come to my dealership with a sport the other day to demo it to the sales department. I didn’t get to play around with it so I can’t really help with your questions but it does look better in person than on fords website
Ford Bronco Help Request:  Bronco Sport feedback from anyone seeing it in person 7FBAE2B0-169A-4AE2-82D0-588EEC6BC1D8
Ford Bronco Help Request:  Bronco Sport feedback from anyone seeing it in person 26F25563-3659-4C21-A386-F945BCEBC2F4
Ford Bronco Help Request:  Bronco Sport feedback from anyone seeing it in person C7EAAC6C-97E1-410F-AEC1-525D4783DF68
Ford Bronco Help Request:  Bronco Sport feedback from anyone seeing it in person AAE051CC-27D9-4BB2-B7AB-9BF5344CD7A5

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its funny you say that, because its something I had to think on. To be fair though, my family has been Toyota for decades now. And in terms of this vehicle, its kind of an is what it is situation. As mentioned, I would love a full Bronco. Just not in the cards. I'm also big on buying USA made. Hard to do, but clothes, hats, camping gear, hiking, etc... I even golf game a set of 1982 Ben Hogan irons, because I wanted to play something made in USA instead of China.

In the long run, a vehicle buy from Ford, although made in Mexico, definitely supports American employees of Ford to continue their efforts on the other big ticket models. Plus, I'm also okay with supporting our neighbors to the South; knowing the working conditions are regulated by an American company. If there was a crossover SUV made in America... I'd be all over it...

So yea, it took me a few weeks to get over the idea, but then I realized in this specific case, the economic and sociological impacts outweigh the negatives, or so called negatives.
You have all very valid points. Enjoy your new Bronco .

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually saw them at Super Cel yesterday. I did not pay any attention to the back seats except for the back of them that was rubber coated. I loved that. It looks a lot better in person than it does in pics especially with the off road tires and the steelies. If you are considering Cyber Orange just know that it is school bus yellow. Very yellow, not orange. My 10yo niece was with me yesterday and said ew...I hate this yellow. She of course did not know it was Cyber orange.

BTW I have owned 4 Focuses that were made in Mexico. Zero problems in approx 350,000mi of cumulative driving. I even owned the best shifting Powershift DCT transmission ever built. I bought one of the very first 2012 Focus made and put 112,000mi on it with zero transmission shudders or shifting problems. I beat on it like it owed me money though.

OP
OP

BobSlydel21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all... thanks to everyone that replied... just hoping to throw out the request about the Back seat and what not before that Bronco celebration is donzo... maybe it’s already done which is cool too. Maybe down the road for those who can get up close and personal. Thanks again everyone!

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all... thanks to everyone that replied... just hoping to throw out the request about the Back seat and what not before that Bronco celebration is donzo... maybe it’s already done which is cool too. Maybe down the road for those who can get up close and personal. Thanks again everyone!
I have totally forgot about posting an update for you but I did look over the Sport, but there wasn't a whole lot of attention being paid to it. I tried to get someone to fold them down but like I said there was a lot of attention being paid to the 4 Dr and the 2 Dr. The front seat appeared to be in a good driving position and wasn't to far forward or backwards. From what I can tell the rear seats do not recline any more than they are when they are locked back. The pictures below are the only one I got and I apologize I was pressed for time, but I will say it looks like ample room to sit back there for people say 6' and under. It looked about as much room as the 4 Dr
had by eye, I could be completely wrong so don't hold that to me. It looks solid, entry seems easy and looks like it would be mostly comfortable for a family to ride around in.
Hopefully you can see one in person because it, like the big bronco, look amazing. I really do hope they roll more out to dealerships for people to ooo and ahh over them..
Ford Bronco Help Request:  Bronco Sport feedback from anyone seeing it in person 1 (9)
Ford Bronco Help Request:  Bronco Sport feedback from anyone seeing it in person 1 (10)
Ford Bronco Help Request:  Bronco Sport feedback from anyone seeing it in person 1 (2)

Ford Bronco Help Request:  Bronco Sport feedback from anyone seeing it in person 1 (3).JPG
Sponsored