Sponsored

HELP! What to do: Damaged Windshield when Delivered to Dealer?

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Looks like painted body is smashed and damaged too. reject.
Sponsored

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What's up with the MAP plant sticker straight off the Ranger and Focus? I thought we were supposed to be getting a Bronco-specific one?

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
So @flip may be able to confirm this, but I would think the OEM will have the special imprints on the replacement glass. "Bronco Est. 1966 " above the VIN and "Accessory Ready" with arrows pointing to the Roof Rack mounts. You should demand nothing less.
Any help suggestions would be huge help
Should be replaced with OEM glass

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What is difficult about "Hey dealer, that windshield is going to be fixed before I take it." Or "Dual 1-800-54-giant glass". It is covered under comprehensive insurance.

Has nobody needed to replace a windshield on a car before??

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What is difficult about "Hey dealer, that windshield is going to be fixed before I take it." Or "Dual 1-800-54-giant glass". It is covered under comprehensive insurance.

Remind me not to have you inspect any new cars for me before picking up. ;)

Ford Bronco HELP! What to do: Damaged Windshield when Delivered to Dealer? 1627681999557

Sponsored

DougSmokesPole

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corinthean Cargo Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
So wait, do you really not know the difference between a body on frame vehicle vs a unibody vehicle? You should go get a Bronco Sport then if that's the case. Sounds like you will never know the difference 😀

DougSmokesPole

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corinthean Cargo Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base

It's the "hey, there are dents in the windshield frame" that I would be concerned about. Or did you miss that part?

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Auto transport companies legally own the cars they transport from when they get loaded to when they get signed for by the dealership. As long as the dealer saw it and noted the damage, then the auto transport company is responsible for the damage.

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A new windshield may not have that bronco logo on the bottom I would get a Ford replacement

Sponsored

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So wait, do you really not know the difference between a body on frame vehicle vs a unibody vehicle? You should go get a Bronco Sport then if that's the case. Sounds like you will never know the difference 😀
You’re the one who doesn’t know the difference. Give your head a shake and don’t post such stupid shit.

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As for walking away, I would demand Ford (or the insurance company for the carrier) pay you an amount to replace the vehicle immediately, not put another order in and have to wait, even if it's a priority build (which is not a guarantee). At the premuim of price of $10k-$20k, this is what they would be responsible for to make sure you get your Bronco in the same time frame that you were originally promised.

Remember, the responsibility of the insurance company is to put you back in the same position you were in, and waiting for a Bronco because THEY damaged it, is not doing so.

Haha -- good luck with that demand! They could agree to pay for the OP's gas for the wasted trip to the dealership, and that's about all it would take to put him back in the same position he was in. Being forced to wait longer than you want to for the opportunity to purchase a luxury niche vehicle isn't a compensable damage, not even in the USA!

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base

DougSmokesPole

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corinthean Cargo Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Haha -- good luck with that demand! They could agree to pay for the OP's gas for the wasted trip to the dealership, and that's about all it would take to put him back in the same position he was in. Being forced to wait longer than you want to for the opportunity to purchase a luxury niche vehicle isn't a compensable damage, not even in the USA!
I agree, but if an attorney got a hold of this case, the OP would probably win on those grounds. But the crappy part is that it would likely be needed to be taken to court to get a just resolution, unless the dealer steps up to the plate.

DougSmokesPole

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corinthean Cargo Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
You’re the one who doesn’t know the difference. Give your head a shake and don’t post such stupid shit.
C'mon man. Are you really arguing that the Bronco is NOT body on frame and the Bronco Sport is NOT unibody?

I think you need to recheck your information.
Sponsored