Sponsored

HELP! What to do: Damaged Windshield when Delivered to Dealer?

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree, but if an attorney got a hold of this case, the OP would probably win on those grounds. But the crappy part is that it would likely be needed to be taken to court to get a just resolution, unless the dealer steps up to the plate.
As an attorney, I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that OP would have no chance at winning on those grounds. They can repair it to his satisfaction, or he can walk away. Those are the options. And of course the dealer is going to step up to the plate here. This whole thread is one of the biggest mountains out of a molehill I've ever seen. This has got to happen dozens of times every single day at car dealerships across the country. OP can have them fix it or wait til 2023 for his replacement Bronco, unless they agree to give him priority on a replacement if he wants to take that chance.
Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My bronco was delivered to my dealer yesterday - YEAH!

However, it showed up with a cracked windshield - see attached.

They can have their body shop replace it - but is there any risk / issue I should also be aware of with this resolution? Any help suggestions would be huge help
I replace my windshield every 2 or 3 years. Living in Montana that’s just the way it is. Windshields are a wear & tear item, no different than engine oil.

Sounds like your dealer will replace it, mind boggling why you are questioning that.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure, the damage sucks, but most customers wouldn’t ever find out about this damage before delivery. Buy your repaired truck and move on.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not that dealerships are obligated to report any damage that was sustained and repaired prior to purchase even if a customer were to ask…
Legally we do have to disclose this but it depends
So @flip may be able to confirm this, but I would think the OEM will have the special imprints on the replacement glass. "Bronco Est. 1966 " above the VIN and "Accessory Ready" with arrows pointing to the Roof Rack mounts. You should demand nothing less.
I do not know the answer to this. I would assume so but can’t say until we get one in.

Sponsored

DougSmokesPole

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corinthean Cargo Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
As an attorney, I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that OP would have no chance at winning on those grounds. They can repair it to his satisfaction, or he can walk away. Those are the options. And of course the dealer is going to step up to the plate here. This whole thread is one of the biggest mountains out of a molehill I've ever seen. This has got to happen dozens of times every single day at car dealerships across the country. OP can have them fix it or wait til 2023 for his replacement Bronco, unless they agree to give him priority on a replacement if he wants to take that chance.
No offense, but everyone is an attorney on the internet.
As for your opinion, I disagree.
And if you think with '100% certainty', that a jury would find for a dealership over a guy who received a smashed up Bronco, then you must not have litigated in front of very many juries.
Juries decide cases more on emotion than facts (but you already knew that). And when a normal guy off the street sues an evil car dealership, that delivered him a smashed car, after he waited over a year for it, and their response was "we will fix it the best we can", you can best bet that he has better than a 0% chance of winning.

Just my 02c

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And if you think with '100% certainty', that a jury would find for a dealership over a guy who received a smashed up Bronco, then you must not have litigated in front of very many juries.
Juries decide cases more on emotion than facts (but you already knew that). And when a normal guy off the street sues an evil car dealership, that delivered him a smashed car, after he waited over a year for it, and their response was "we will fix it the best we can", you can best bet that he has better than a 0% chance of winning.

Just my 02c
No offense taken. I really am a trial attorney though. The issue isn't whether a jury might feel sympathy for dude who ordered a car that was delivered damaged to the dealership. The issue is whether the case would get to a jury in the first place. And it wouldn't, because the judge would toss it out of court, because there's no injury or cognizable damages under the law here (even if it feels like there should be). Anyway, quite a digression from the original post! Have a nice weekend.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Taking hits in multiple spots makes me think Hail damage, have you looked over the rest of the car?

BTW, i agree with everyone else. Do not take ownership of it at all, or have them fix it to your approval and ask for discount due to the inconvenience, or they can throw in some free body armor, and some merch. Plus a steak dinner. and maybe a movie. Hotel stay. Trip to Disney world.

Last edited:

DougSmokesPole

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corinthean Cargo Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
No offense taken. I really am a trial attorney though. The issue isn't whether a jury might feel sympathy for dude who ordered a car that was delivered damaged to the dealership. The issue is whether the case would get to a jury in the first place. And it wouldn't, because the judge would toss it out of court, because there's no injury or cognizable damages under the law here (even if it feels like there should be). Anyway, quite a digression from the original post! Have a nice weekend.
I would disagree again. I think one could aruge a valid contract existed under offer and acceptance of the deposit on the vehicle (at least enough that a judge would not immediately dismiss it).

I think at minimum, a judge would allow a jury to determine whether a valid contract was created, and whether that contract was broken/and or consequential damages arising from the breach. Cue in Joe Somebody off the street that gets selected to the jury, that has no idea what the law states, he only knows he would be pissed if he waited over a year for a car and the dealer gives him one with a smash window frame.

If there was no deposit requirement, I would agree with you on the fact that there would be no way any contract was created.

This is all speculation, on both of our parts. However, I would say that he has better than a 0% chance.

Have a good weekend as well.

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't believe this thread is 7 pages for something so simple. I get it your disappointed and I do feel sorry for you. That being said, the dealer is going to fix it either way. After they fix it you simply decide if your happy with it or your not. Its not that difficult.

If you walk away you likely go back to the end of the line and start all over if you want your custom build. Ford is not going to interrupt their build schedule over something so minor. If you don't like it that dealership will likely sell it to someone else within 24 hours. That same damage can happen to you a week later going down the road and it is completely repairable by a reputable shop.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They can have their body shop replace it - but is there any risk / issue I should also be aware of with this resolution? Any help suggestions would be huge help
tempImageKcY2Fv.png
This is like the second or third one inthink Posted arriving to dealership with broken window the dealer ship should be filing claim with the truck hauler this is horrible how they are breaking in delivery

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not that big of a deal, it should be a routine operation for the dealership, and if jeep history is any indication people should expect this to happen with regularity.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

have the dealer fix it and make sure all the gizmos in the mirror area are working properly before accepting delivery.

this vehicle is so new that the only source for the glass is directly from FORD. in it's current state, that vehicle wouldn't be eligible to pass inspection in my state and you wouldn't be able to drive it home

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Just my 02c
Lol. Dude, the OP has yet to own the vehicle. He's not been harmed by anyone. The Bronco earmarked for him got damaged in shipment. It either gets repaired prior to sale, or the OP waits for a replacement.

I would say the Bronco right now is Ford's problem depending on the terms of delivery between the logistics company and Ford.

JMB

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Fords
Your Bronco Model
Base

tempImageKcY2Fv.png
Not an issue.
Sponsored