Dimasin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello!
I would like to replace my standard rear view mirror in 2022 4 door Black Diamond with Auto dimming mirror. Does my BD has a harness to attach it to?
What is a Ford part number for Auto dimming mirror? It's disgusting that Ford made it a part of the package that I was unable to order with manual transmission.
Thank you for your help!
Dimasin
Sponsored

Stitchxp626

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 2006
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have you used Auto-dimming mirrors before ? I ask because I have and DO NOT like them personally - Ford's may be better than what I have used, but I much prefer the manual... I DO like having the little compass indicator that some have though. _ Sorry, can't help with your actual question though.

AmericanYidiot

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you used Auto-dimming mirrors before ? I ask because I have and DO NOT like them personally - Ford's may be better than what I have used, but I much prefer the manual... I DO like having the little compass indicator that some have though. _ Sorry, can't help with your actual question though.
Seconding this. I absolutely hate them, including the one on my Big Bend. Tempted to replace it with a standard, which seems like a pain. I was also thinking of just putting a piece of electrical tape on the sensor to stop it from dimming.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have never had a auto dimming mirror and I do not wish to change mine either. I don't see the point but if you do it is your choice.

OP
OP
dimasin

dimasin

Black Diamond
First Name
Dimasin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OK, question is:
Is there harness I can attach Ford OEM or aftermarket mirror on Black Diamond without Mid Package?

Sponsored

VADER

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 4 Door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Base
OK, question is:
Is there harness I can attach Ford OEM or aftermarket mirror on Black Diamond without Mid Package?
Hoping someone has an answer for this as I have a 2022 base with the standard mirror. Hoping to tape into the power to hook up a dash cam.

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hoping someone has an answer for this as I have a 2022 base with the standard mirror. Hoping to tape into the power to hook up a dash cam.
Ditto! One of the reasons I partially regret not getting the mid package.
Been lurking around this forum hoping someone finds a solution that's more elegant than routing the cable to the USB power or fuse box.

LowCountryBL

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4dr, 1974 BMW 2002tii
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, I’ve figured it out, though you may not like the route I took. I have a 2022 Big Bend that did not come with the Aux switches, auto dimming mirror, lighted sun visors, etc. I ended up doing the Aux upfitter switch install found here, along with ordering the lighted visors and auto dimming mirror, plus a trim piece I broke in the process.

The harness you need to buy for the aux switches includes the connections for the auto dimming mirror et al. Once that’s in, it’s a T something to loosen the mirror, and off it slides. The auto dimming mirror will slide right on and clip to the new connection in the harness. This will cost you ~$1k to go the OEM route with all the crap I bought, but it works (though I haven’t actually tested it with high beams yet…)
Ford Bronco Help with Ford Auto dimming rear view mirror installation 7EAA8372-D960-4BA5-871F-8A7B1DC0FD76

Ford Bronco Help with Ford Auto dimming rear view mirror installation 54E48FC7-602B-4BC9-8F4C-7328F86E06E4

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ditto! One of the reasons I partially regret not getting the mid package.
Been lurking around this forum hoping someone finds a solution that's more elegant than routing the cable to the USB power or fuse box.
I have the mid package and the mirror is not self dimming.

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@LowCountryBL Awesome job! Can you share part numbers?
So, I’ve figured it out, though you may not like the route I took. I have a 2022 Big Bend that did not come with the Aux switches, auto dimming mirror, lighted sun visors, etc. I ended up doing the Aux upfitter switch install found here, along with ordering the lighted visors and auto dimming mirror, plus a trim piece I broke in the process.

The harness you need to buy for the aux switches includes the connections for the auto dimming mirror et al. Once that’s in, it’s a T something to loosen the mirror, and off it slides. The auto dimming mirror will slide right on and clip to the new connection in the harness. This will cost you ~$1k to go the OEM route with all the crap I bought, but it works (though I haven’t actually tested it with high beams yet…)
7EAA8372-D960-4BA5-871F-8A7B1DC0FD76.jpeg

54E48FC7-602B-4BC9-8F4C-7328F86E06E4.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jpez1127

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Fit Sport, 2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looking to do the same, already have the Aux switches from factory but looking to connect the 16pin for a powered rearview mirror and dash cam. Can you post the part numbers please?Thanks!

Ford Bronco Help with Ford Auto dimming rear view mirror installation 54E48FC7-602B-4BC9-8F4C-7328F86E06E4

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Area51BS