Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here is a direct link to the ACM options in ForScan:

I'm in the process of upgrading speakers/sub in the B&O system, because it just wasn't cutting it for me at high volumes and lots of road noise from all the gear I've added to the roof rack and pakrax.

I've added a Kicker Comp R 8" into the B&O enclosure, connected through a Key 500.1. This sounds pretty nice at this point, I don't think there's anything else I need to do here.

I swapped Focal ACX 100's to the rear 4". I barely hear them, so first question is whether any adjustments can be made in ForScan to improve the outputs of these guys. I've seen a lot of discussion on BASE systems, but can't find a definitive answer on what happens with the B&O. My guess is that since B&O uses a DSP, the setting folks have changed on BASE will be the same as what I would see in the default position.

In the front, I am attempting to run Memphis Audio VIV603CV2 6.5" Six Five Series 3-Way Component Speakers. That's a 6.5" in the kickers, 3.5" in the dash, and an extra tweeter I need to mount somewhere. However, i'm having an issue where the kicker won't come on until volumes are raised around the mid 20's, and then it will work like normal until the vehicle is off. I'm curious if this is because the speaker is 2ohm, or if it's a matter of insufficient power delivery. Second question is whether any adjustments can be made in ForScan to bypass the DSP for these particular speakers, opening up their range or overriding whatever is the cause for the speakers to not come alive at initial low volumes.

I have a feeling it's a no-go for both, and I need to continue searching for speakers that work with the DSP's leveling - or wire in an amp and do whatever is needed to avoid a conflict with the DSP. But please chime in if you have more knowledge on this to share. Thank you!
Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you ever get any input or figure out if you were able to send full range to the rear speakers?

OP
OP
fronc

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Doesn't seem possible, but to be honest, I don't think it's truly necessary either for the rear speakers. The rear is just for surround fill, and the lows coming from the sub back there are sufficient to engulf the whole vehicle. My thread was more about opening full range to the kickers down low in the front, and I'm not quite sure how they're limited at this point - it's hard to tell.

One thing that is sort of unrelated, but ended up helping me a lot, is that I had a number of audio processing settings going on in my Samsung S22 Ultra phone audio settings and within Spotify itself. Disabling all processing, EQs, effects, etc. and starting with a completely flat source did help me tune the audio much, much better. (I knew this, but didn't realize how much stuff was going on in the Galaxy phone)

Not really the same thing as sending full signal to the rear, but seems like for that you're going to need to replace the B&O DSP entirely or figure out a way to bypass/override a different way. Sorry!

STING555

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the B&O system and I tinkered with some settings in Forscan and I believe I have unlocked more range from the rear pods. I have all factory speakers installed. After making changes to the ACM module in Forscan, there is more range coming from the rear channels.

I am going to be replacing all of the speakers and I will report back to share how it sounds with upgraded speakers all around.

Here are the changes I made:

727-01-01 xxxx-2Bxx-xxxx

Ford Bronco Help with ForScan and B&O System 1675955997908

Ford Bronco Help with ForScan and B&O System 1675956043376

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the B&O system and I tinkered with some settings in Forscan and I believe I have unlocked more range from the rear pods. I have all factory speakers installed. After making changes to the ACM module in Forscan, there is more range coming from the rear channels.

I am going to be replacing all of the speakers and I will report back to share how it sounds with upgraded speakers all around.

727-01-01 xxxx-2Bxx-xxxx

THANK YOU!!!! I have the B&O and have also replaced all the speakers, but couldn't find anything that was definitive for enhancing the sound through forscan. I'm very curious to try this out. thanks again!

Sponsored

STING555

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me know how it works out

STING555

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

727-01-01 xxxx-2Bxx-xxxx

After a couple days, I tinkered a bit more. The speaker 4 output settings change the sound of the subwoofer. I changed back to OEM setting and it definitely has more sound going to the sub.

CamptownBD

Badlands
First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been looking for this exact info, but I need a point in the right direction. It seems you found how to adjust the amp settings that B&O/Ford set.

Some background first: I've replaced the 4" speakers with kickers in the front corners, a midrange in the center, and focal 100s in the rear. As others have said, this cleans up the sound quite a bit. It's much less muddy in the middle and I find the bass well rounded with the factory kick woofers in the footwells. However, my issue now is that my sub claps at volumes over 18. The sound is still well balanced via the head unit EQ, but sounds like the sub is bottoming out or getting too much power. The threshold seems to be on volume 18 no matter the EQ bass setting.

Question (stick with me): I'd like to find a way in Forscan to lower the sub output but keep the overall bass level the same. I tried turning the bass all the way down on the EQ and it kills the balance of the sound from the rest of the system. It seems your adjustment of sub output via Forscan might help accomplish this. Can you elaborate on what setting I might try to see if it lowers the gain/power on just the sub? If I read right, you did that and then changed it back to factory, right?

TLDR - how to turn gain down via Forscan on factory B&O sub.

STING555

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been looking for this exact info, but I need a point in the right direction. It seems you found how to adjust the amp settings that B&O/Ford set.

Some background first: I've replaced the 4" speakers with kickers in the front corners, a midrange in the center, and focal 100s in the rear. As others have said, this cleans up the sound quite a bit. It's much less muddy in the middle and I find the bass well rounded with the factory kick woofers in the footwells. However, my issue now is that my sub claps at volumes over 18. The sound is still well balanced via the head unit EQ, but sounds like the sub is bottoming out or getting too much power. The threshold seems to be on volume 18 no matter the EQ bass setting.

Question (stick with me): I'd like to find a way in Forscan to lower the sub output but keep the overall bass level the same. I tried turning the bass all the way down on the EQ and it kills the balance of the sound from the rest of the system. It seems your adjustment of sub output via Forscan might help accomplish this. Can you elaborate on what setting I might try to see if it lowers the gain/power on just the sub? If I read right, you did that and then changed it back to factory, right?

TLDR - how to turn gain down via Forscan on factory B&O sub.

727-01-01 xxxx-2Bxx-xxxx

When I had the factory B&O speakers and sub, I made the Forscan changes shown above and it definitely changed the sound of the sub and quieted it down some. It helped reduce the rattling noise I was getting.

I ended up reverting the forscan setting to factory and replacing all of the factory speakers and sub. I went with Hertz 100.3 in the corners and pods, a PRV 4” midrange in the center, Hertz 165L 6.5 midbass in the kick panels, and a Kicker 8” sub in the OEM enclosure powered by a Kicker Key 500.1. It sounds really good now.

The sub/amp install was a big project, but worth it.

CamptownBD

Badlands
First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info. I'm trying keep this as simple as I can. I would be satisfied if the sub was scaling with the music and not clapping. Maybe something is loose, but it's weird how one click on the volume seems to quite it versus having to turn the bass all the way down on the EQ.

Sponsored

Frebaln

Badlands
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 VW Variant (Squareback)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have the 4dr B&O
Completely stumped, I’ve only replaced the 3 dash 4” speakers with Fosgates, and the 2 rear pods with 4” Focals.
Used ever version of FORScan ACM I’ve found here to fix the rear sounds, no changes at all and still very muddy and faint.
Original “as-built” ACM is :
727-01-01 3017-34FD-10B8
727-01-02 0900-000D-0047

any help would be greatly appreciated

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Most of what I have read when it comes to the B&O is that there isnt much change at all. Most of the change with FS happens when you have the original 4-speaker setup and turn off the DSP on the rears.

I did replace my 4" rears with 6.5 " in the MTI Pods. The difference is clear with that upgrade, but would Likely need a real amp along with speaker and sub upgrade for a massive difference.
Sponsored