First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Hummer H2 came with 35" 's and this week I went off roading with a friend who was driving one and it was great. Handled well on and off road.
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Didnt watch video but i can tell you not all 35s weigh the same ,construction ,numper of sidewalls ,and depth all factor in .
That being said there can be a huge difference in handling ,braking compared to a 33 ! Ive had plenty of 35s 37s and as for noise never cared one way or another ,they do get louder as they wear.

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 35s on my JLU, ridge grapplers that are like 70lbs these tires are a small light 35” tire at about 60lbs. With the additional 100+ of torque of the bronco, the Dana 40 axles, Independant front suspension, 10 speed automatic that is likely tuned to handle the 35... this thing will drive sweet, any one worried about this likely has never run a solid axle and 35s ..

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree. I wish I could get it but alas I want the MT and I’m not waiting till MY22 soooo I’ll stick with BL upgraded wheels and tires for now
That still looks real good also and from what I’ve seen here and there it appears you might still be able to mount sone 35s ... but that BL looks good regardless. I’m in on the Wildtrak in dire hopes of a better interior option at the 11th hour ... Sas is standard equipment

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Been towing (about 5600 lbs) on 35 AT's (and 1.5 " lift) for over 20 years. Someone tell me when the bearings, tie rods, and ball joints are supposed to go. Haven't needed replacements on any of them (and ball joints are the same one's that were in it when I got it, 25ish years ago).

The new 4 door is about the same size as this and is designed from the get go for at min 33's. Hard to believe there is going to be any issue with anything, especially limited to towing 3500 and no snow plowing. Will be a couple who break them by pure massive abuse offroad, but that's expected.

20150905_181217a.jpg

Sponsored

jahub

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Makes perfect sense on the fuel mileage.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a pickup with 35's and an SUV with 32's. Tread pattern, horse power, lift, and other things make much more of a difference then tire size alone.

The Bronco has a big advantage in that the Sasquatch only lifts it 1.5" or so, my pickup needed about 5" of lift to fit 35's. A big lift is what I want to avoid but still being able to have a 35' tire.

I do want 35's on a bronco but I did a few off road trails this weekend in the Big Bear, Lake Arrowhead area, and locking front and rear differentials would help on those trails more than going from a 32 to a 35.

So that is to say the lockers in the Sasquatch are more important then the bigger tires. I get new tires every few years anyway so I can go up or down a size at that point if i wanted to.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Test super swampers im mud! I want to know exactly how much better 38s and 44s are against the 35in goodyear ATs?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can confirm. My buddy who builds jeeps just had a 4-door JK in the shop with a Dana 60 front/ 14 bolt rear. On 40’s, and he said it drove like a dream. Tires are super important but it’s not just size it’s composition and suspension setup. (Also realize bigger tires have a bit more of a cushion effect)

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can confirm. My buddy who builds jeeps just had a 4-door JK in the shop with a Dana 60 front/ 14 bolt rear. On 40’s, and he said it drove like a dream. Tires are super important but it’s not just size it’s composition and suspension setup. (Also realize bigger tires have a bit more of a cushion effect)
Pic please

Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That still looks real good also and from what I’ve seen here and there it appears you might still be able to mount sone 35s ... but that BL looks good regardless. I’m in on the Wildtrak in dire hopes of a better interior option at the 11th hour ... Sas is standard equipment
I'm in same boat. Have a WT reserved but will switch to BL and option it similar to WT if they don't give us another choice for that sand/tan WT interior... at 11th hour.

Broncie

Raptor
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

One thing I like to stress a lot is that the 35's on the Bronco are from the factory. The sasquatch package has been tested I'm sure for countless and countless of miles under a lot of stress. The fact that you don't need to modify anything on the Bronco for it to be driven on 35's is quite amazing. Ford knew this was going to be a popular add-on and I don't think they'll disappoint, and a bonus is they are under warranty :) .

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m not sure why anyone would try to sway someone to 32s over 35s. Around my area 35s are entry level to off-road else your just going to get stuck in ruts ever 50 yards. I’ve daily driven 37s for years and my truck handles and drives perfectly, I didn’t lift so no major suspension geometry changes, I run them at 36PSI, so super smooth ride. I changed my gears and actually get better gas mileage than the truck did on stock tires. Truck handles all weather conditions perfectly.

Your not going to go very far running 32’s.
Sponsored