Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree good brakes are important, but it’s doesn’t seem like that’s the issue with the Bronco rating. I am just assuming it’s the GBWR and multi link rear suspension. Nice braking setup by the way ??
Thanks and understood. My point was, if you are going to go over, make sure you can stop @ or near a standard auto's, fairly aggressive, braking rate. I can with those trailer brakes, even towing 9200 lbs.
Sponsored

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a pickup with 35's and an SUV with 32's. Tread pattern, horse power, lift, and other things make much more of a difference then tire size alone.

The Bronco has a big advantage in that the Sasquatch only lifts it 1.5" or so, my pickup needed about 5" of lift to fit 35's. A big lift is what I want to avoid but still being able to have a 35' tire.

I do want 35's on a bronco but I did a few off road trails this weekend in the Big Bear, Lake Arrowhead area, and locking front and rear differentials would help on those trails more than going from a 32 to a 35.

So that is to say the lockers in the Sasquatch are more important then the bigger tires. I get new tires every few years anyway so I can go up or down a size at that point if i wanted to.
agreed, and highly recommend going badlands to get the disconnecting sway bar.. that travel is actually the most useful offroad option you can get. I mean you get a quick disconnect.. but it's nice to flip a switch.. rather than get out and climb under the vehicle.. especially after offroading when the vehicle is a mess

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can tell you from real world experience that once the MTs start to wear they absolutely get louder. They for sure ride worse and while they look cool are not all that necessary. Having said that if you like the look go for it. Based on experience on many vehicles I am doing ATs because on a long trip the MTs actually make the ride a lot more tiring.
I agree, if i was keeping my JEEP i would have replaced my ridge grapplers where are a RT kind of hybrid between MT and AT, because after about 5-7k miles they started to make noise and have always been too stiff.. K02 are a great great on and offroad tire that are light and look good.. everyone loves them for a reason..

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The SAS tires will be louder, handle worse, and not brake as well as all other AT tires in the model ranges. The best tires on the road (from the factory) will be the stock tires from the Base, BB, and OB for on-road comfort, quietness, and handling/braking.

If someone said the 35s will be worse on the road, it is not because of the size, it is because of the tread pattern and sidewall (and if they actually meant that it is due to the size, they are wrong)... saying "the 35s will be worse than the 32s" is meaning the 35" MT will be worse on the road than 32" AT.

The more a tire is designed for off-road use, the worse it will be on the road. The more a tires is designed for on-road use, the worse it will be when you leave the pavement. The BD, BL, WT, and SAS models will all be worse on the road than the Base, BB, and OB and the other way around for off-roading. Simple.
These are a variant to the wrangler tire, (that doesn't say wrangler for obvious reasons), it's a lighter and smaller 35 that is very very well regarded on and offroad. Probably top 2 or 3 AT or RT hybrid out there.. i really suspect the difference will be noticeable but not significant. The new bronco has more than enough torque, and the sas comes with bilstien coilover suspension.. i have not researched the brakers.. but my JLU wrangler 4 door with a lift and 35's that weight 10 more lbs than these tires.. still drives very nice (not as quick and nimble as stock) but like i said the bronco is built for these, and the tires are 10lbs lighter.. I am super confident the sasquatch will be the best driving vehicle on the road with 35's and will be a high quality experience, its not mean to be a sports car..

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disagree, I find driving with super swampers to be quite soothing like putting a quarter in the vibrating bed at the motel. Plus it gives you an audible measure of speed so you dont have to be distracted looking at the speedometer. Also the piece of mind that you will rarely have to use your lockers and your winch will stay spooled for months at a time.
lol first time i ever heard some body pitch the massage chair angle lol

Sponsored

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I disagree, I find driving with super swampers to be quite soothing like putting a quarter in the vibrating bed at the motel. Plus it gives you an audible measure of speed so you dont have to be distracted looking at the speedometer. Also the piece of mind that you will rarely have to use your lockers and your winch will stay spooled for months at a time.
Geeeeezze. What logic.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just have a hard time imagining doing anything more hardcore than a dirt road on ATs or street tire. If your Bronco is going to be a daily driver and the most offroading you plan is gravel roads and the occasional trip to the forest edge I'm sure they will work fine. But if you ever PLAN on going down muddy roads, going over rocks, or driving over limbs and logs. A tough mud terrain or better yet a Super Swamper is really the only way to go. Unless you plan to rely on your winch or friends to recover you. I like to be self sufficient when I go wheeling. I bring tools, recovery gear, and my own food and drinks. A mud tire is part of that. Nearly every vehicle I have recovered was spinning its tires, half of those would have still been moving if they had a better and often bigger tire. I will say an extreme tread pattern will make up for a small tire though in most situations. I honestly think a 31" Bogger would outperform the 35" Goodyears in most situations where traction is the issue over clearence.

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just have a hard time imagining doing anything more hardcore than a dirt road on ATs or street tire. If your Bronco is going to be a daily driver and the most offroading you plan is gravel roads and the occasional trip to the forest edge I'm sure they will work fine. But if you ever PLAN on going down muddy roads, going over rocks, or driving over limbs and logs. A tough mud terrain or better yet a Super Swamper is really the only way to go. Unless you plan to rely on your winch or friends to recover you. I like to be self sufficient when I go wheeling. I bring tools, recovery gear, and my own food and drinks. A mud tire is part of that. Nearly every vehicle I have recovered was spinning its tires, half of those would have still been moving if they had a better and often bigger tire. I will say an extreme tread pattern will make up for a small tire though in most situations. I honestly think a 31" Bogger would outperform the 35" Goodyears in most situations where traction is the issue over clearence.
My business partner on his JKu has the K02 ya they are not boggers.. but i have been amazed, he can pretty much do anything my more aggresive tire can.. the big draw back is mud.. though they are the only 2 AT/MT that have snowflake rating for snow.. we live in socal.. so dense bog mud is not something you see.. we see dirt, sand, lots of rocks.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks and understood. My point was, if you are going to go over, make sure you can stop @ or near a standard auto's, fairly aggressive, braking rate. I can with those trailer brakes, even towing 9200 lbs.
My boat has disc surge brakes and have performed really well in the few instances I have needed to stop "hard". It's not a super heavy boat, light end of the trailer specs, brakes and dual axle set up and you can adjust tongue weight pretty well too. I'm sure electric and a brake controller would be even better, but I like that any vehicle I use works with the trailer.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My business partner on his JKu has the K02 ya they are not boggers.. but i have been amazed, he can pretty much do anything my more aggresive tire can.. the big draw back is mud.. though they are the only 2 AT/MT that have snowflake rating for snow.. we live in socal.. so dense bog mud is not something you see.. we see dirt, sand, lots of rocks.
I cant condone an AT/MT rating on KO2s. I've seen em stuck in an uneven wet lawn. No mud or ruts, till they drove on the grass.

Sponsored

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
After reading a hundred time on this forum that 35s will handle much worst, make more noise, increase breaking distance compared to 33s, by people who actually never compared it back to back, I started to rule out sasquatch.

Now I found this helpful video, reviewing All Season VS light AT VS agressive AT VS Mud Tires, all in 32in but with the MT tire in both 32 and 35in tire. The comparison between tire type is interesting, but let’s focus on their comparison of the same MT tire in 32 and 35 on the same vehicle.

They do compare it on dirt, gravel, wet track, dry track and mud and the result is clear: on the road, the 35in MT tire does NOT handle worst than the 32 of the same tire model, it does NOT make more noise, and it does NOT increase braking distance (on wet road that is, breaking on dry road is not tested with the 35). The Reviewer insists on these points somewhere in the video and also shows the data throughout the video.

The only area where the 35 are worst in the video is for fuel economy, obviously.

What do you think?

Great vid an comparison. Thanks for posting

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great vid an comparison. Thanks for posting
Do you think the MT that is on the sasquatch is really a mud tire or some type of hybrid? I really want to get the sas, but it will be my daily driver so I want it to be decent on the pavement too.

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you think the MT that is on the sasquatch is really a mud tire or some type of hybrid? I really want to get the sas, but it will be my daily driver so I want it to be decent on the pavement too.
Ignore the name and look at the tread pattern. Does it more resemble a KO2 AT or Mickey Thompson MT? Answer---KO2. The GY MT will behave much more like an AT than a traditional Mud.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol that's because the majority of people who comment on here knocking 35s have never run anything bigger than a 225/60 on a sport sedan in a big city. They know enough to be dangerous. The excuses are never ending (the extra rolling mass is harder to slow down, you need to install a big brake kit, it puts wear on ball joints, it puts wear on tie rods, it puts wear on wheel bearings, they ride rough, they don't perform in bad weather, it puts wear on the CVs, the tire noise is bad, it might make me look masculine and my wife can't handle a masculine looking husband, etc.). Would you like me to go one because I can? I daresay most of the naysayers are city dwellers (no offense) who have probably never even seen a dirt road before in their lives and they probably reserved an OBX to top it off lol (no offense). /S

Likewise, I have consistently ran 33"+ on my trucks for years now and have never, ever had any issues with premature wear on suspension and braking components.
"...my wife can't handle a masculine looking husband" hahaha thanks for that. And thank you for your comments.
Sponsored