Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This blue is okay, but that Carbonized Gray roof and fenders look awful in my opinion. it should be black, it would look so much better
This is one of the few pics I'm not hating the roof color. 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 grand cherokee, 2002 e250 4x4,
I suspect they'll still be just different enough shades to annoy. Like when a body shop resprays just a fender and it sticks out like a sore thumb even though it's technically the same color.
Actually, just the opposite in my opinion. Because they are to different materials they work good together.

ChrisCozart

Base
First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Expedition
I really wanted AMB to be my color - all the recent images have a purple feel not sure what I think about it.
Right there with you. I really want to like AMB because I think it's a unique color, but I'm struggling with it looking too purple. From the pics I've seen....the only way it really looks good and sparkles is in direct light and when the picture is taken really, really, really close.

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 grand cherokee, 2002 e250 4x4,
Carbonized Gray or Cactus Gray? I know that I have read many requests for Carbonized Gray and it along with Velocity Blue seem to be elusive.
Still haven't seen a 2 door cactus gray or anything in velocity blue supposedlly Lighting Blue will be an option for First Edition and nothing built in that color either. We have a 4 door cactus gray, and about, 3 different Broncos in carbonized gray

BroncowskiAZ

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrzej
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost & 4Runner
Vehicle Showcase
Reading these threads make me feel like I'm in a small minority because I couldn't be happier with the look. I'm getting the 2 door Big Bend in black and I like the grey roof, fenders, grill, wheels. I think it will all tie in together. It reminds me of an Imperial Tie fighter.
The carbonized grey with BB in black color might make sense and with gray grill, but I'm looking at BD and it has black grill, black bumper. With SP (black wheels) it just doesn't work for me. On ford website the BD looks just perfect, except my color will be CG.

gonavy2205

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Expedition, 07 Harley Heritage, 07 Explorer
Even us at the dealer's too! haha

nminus1

Base
First Name
Henry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Can we PLEASE get a internet geek or techo to blow up that factory sticker for shits n giggles!!??

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 93 Bronco, 13 F250 6.2L
Vehicle Showcase
I kind of like the blurple color but it clashes hard with the flares and top. Any graphics folks on this thread who could make those white? I'm really getting cold feet on AMB after seeing how dark it is in person and how it looks with all that matte plastic.

WatchYourSix

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Taurus
Anyone have any thoughts on paint protection (such as Xpel PPF) since this color will be prone to swirls and scratches will show easily?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Right there with you. I really want to like AMB because I think it's a unique color, but I'm struggling with it looking too purple. From the pics I've seen....the only way it really looks good and sparkles is in direct light and when the picture is taken really, really, really close.
The outside Bronco frame pic looks blue without any hint of purple, even from a distance. I think we need to see them park this outside in sunlight.

3CDE67EE-B1F1-4618-9F7F-6DA462BE5A92.jpeg

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The outside Bronco frame pic looks blue without any hint of purple, even from a distance. I think we need to see them park this outside in sunlight.
This color absolutely needs to be seen in person before checking that box on order day. I live in sunny SW Florida where I’m thinking AMB will be amazing. I dig the way the Carbonized Gray top ties in with the optional wheels and grill for my future Badlands and the contrast looks good between those components and AMB.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement