Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It will be in some places but can't happen everywhere like remote colo new Mexico okla etc. Again will work for some, but very impractical for most
Depends on how much time there is. It took a while for gas stations to proliferate as well. Also, hydrogen is still a wildcard. Hell, ICE engines could end up winning in the end and all of this would be for nothing. :LOL:
Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Depends on how much time there is. It took a while for gas stations to proliferate as well. Also, hydrogen is still a wildcard. Hell, ICE engines could end up winning in the end and all of this would be for nothing. :LOL:
😀👍

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think BEV’s will ultimately win the day. I’m hoping solid state proves to be commercially viable. If they can make a BEV that can be recharged in less than 10 minutes, ICE’s will be history.

emerald86

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 21 Badlands Bronco, 23 Braptor INBOUND
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Calling an electric vehicle "Zero Emissions" is an outright lie and people are gobbling it up whole.

I have nothing against electric vehicles, ran RC cars much of my life. They have some really cool technology and are probably great commuters, just quit spreading the lie.

**Not directed at the OP. Just my pressure relief valve going off.
Electric vehicles are the future, but distant future for many uses for sure! Most seem to ignore how much faster brakes, tires, front end/steering components, and even the roads get worn out by heavier electric vehicles and the financial and environmental impact those have.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rivian is changing the paradigm by putting chargers in national parks and having 400 miles of range. It is feasible. The electric F150 is coming soon too. Plenty of room in the frame rails for batteries, so greater range and torque.
I can get over 600 miles on a tank of gas in my F-150, so 400 is still short. How long does it take to get a full charge for another 400. If you are traveling hills/mountains then you are in the 300 or less range? For now you get free charging. If folks move this way what will the charging rates become? Remember when we were told ATMs were getting installed to help the banks. Now you pay $3 or more to get money out of your acct. Banks make millions a year on what was a free service.
Sponsored