Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ll buy an EV when a truck has the looks and performance I want, with a 500 mile range, and is reasonably priced (50k).
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ll buy an EV when a truck has the looks and performance I want, with a 500 mile range, and is reasonably priced (50k).
Then you might want to look at the new Hummer. The range is not 500 miles but not bad. As for looks and (whoa) sheer performance, it delivers.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you're buying a new Bronco now, that truck should be available before the Bronco reaches the end of its service life.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Full Electric vehicles are a lux item and will be for a long time. When technology allows for cheaper and more efficient batteries and lighter then it will be under 50K. I say in another 20-30 years and maybe we will see affordable electric vehicles for the masses.

Sponsored

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They’ve squashed repeated attempts to bring more natural gas to the east coast.
A) let's not make it political, thats just gonna get the thread shut down.
B) what about what @wjfawb0 said has anything to do with LIMITING natural gas? From what i read its that Natural Gas is cleaner than coal.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Then you might want to look at the new Hummer. The range is not 500 miles but not bad. As for looks and (whoa) sheer performance, it delivers.
the Hummer is ugly and nowhere near 50k.

If you're buying a new Bronco now, that truck should be available before the Bronco reaches the end of its service life.
We will see how the 2022 (expensive) electric F-150 performs, and if it’s reliable.
Full Electric vehicles are a lux item and will be for a long time. When technology allows for cheaper and more efficient batteries and lighter then it will be under 50K. I say in another 20-30 years and maybe we will see affordable electric vehicles for the masses.
Exactly, no rush for EV, but i’m not anti EV.

OP
OP

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
B) what about what @wjfawb0 said has anything to do with LIMITING natural gas? From what i read its that Natural Gas is cleaner than coal.

Environmental activists have tooth and nail fought efforts to bring more natural gas to NYC.

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/22052020/williams-pipeline-new-york-natural-gas-fracking/

This same blocking is happening all over the east coast. There was another group suing to block a new pipeline from crossing underneath the Appalachian Trail hiking path anywhere from Georgia on up to Maine.

I’m not making this up. It is IMPOSSIBLE to move to an all-electric automobile environment without a huge increase in the available electricity. It’s the end of the discussion.

people block all attempts at offshore wind, natural gas pipes, new nuclear technology, windmills on top of windy hilltops - ANYTHING.

what shall we do? Revert to walking across the country? Canoes and footpaths along the Columbia river? Horses and buggies?

If we’re ever to make the change then the people who claim to want the change have to stop preventing the infrastructure necessary to change in the first place.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1000% of Everything associated with renewable energy is financially out of reach - UNLESS SUBSIDIZED BY FEDERAL TAX DOLLARS (which are borrowed from China). In fact, unless someone finds a stash of dilithium crystals, renewable energy might not EVER become mainstream.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Technology Technology Technology

It will take a leap as it always does.

1000% of Everything associated with renewable energy is financially out of reach - UNLESS SUBSIDIZED BY FEDERAL TAX DOLLARS (which are borrowed from China). In fact, unless someone finds a stash of dilithium crystals, renewable energy might not EVER become mainstream.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It will take a leap as it always does.
I agree, but hefty resources have been leveraged at this for decades...'energy storage' is the Holy Grail of our times.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Calling an electric vehicle "Zero Emissions" is an outright lie and people are gobbling it up whole.

I have nothing against electric vehicles, ran RC cars much of my life. They have some really cool technology and are probably great commuters, just quit spreading the lie.

**Not directed at the OP. Just my pressure relief valve going off.
Where does electricity come from? Answer that and I agree with you, electric cars are not any better for the planet. An electric Bronco sounds like an oxymoron to me.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Environmental activists have tooth and nail fought efforts to bring more natural gas to NYC.

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/22052020/williams-pipeline-new-york-natural-gas-fracking/

This same blocking is happening all over the east coast. There was another group suing to block a new pipeline from crossing underneath the Appalachian Trail hiking path anywhere from Georgia on up to Maine.

I’m not making this up. It is IMPOSSIBLE to move to an all-electric automobile environment without a huge increase in the available electricity. It’s the end of the discussion.

people block all attempts at offshore wind, natural gas pipes, new nuclear technology, windmills on top of windy hilltops - ANYTHING.

what shall we do? Revert to walking across the country? Canoes and footpaths along the Columbia river? Horses and buggies?

If we’re ever to make the change then the people who claim to want the change have to stop preventing the infrastructure necessary to change in the first place.
I didn't make any comments about whether or not people were fighting against natural gas
And neither did @wjfawb0

Not suggesting you are making anything up. just saying it was kind of a non sequitur,
Someone posts "Natural Gas is Cleaner" and you post "blame the ....".

I made no statements on wether or not people should or shouldn't block any type of power or infrastructure.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can't even get 500 miles per tank on an ICE powered truck. Most vehicles go about 300-350 between each refill. That is a bit more practical and you can recharge it every night at your house.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You can't even get 500 miles per tank on an ICE powered truck. Most vehicles go about 300-350 between each refill. That is a bit more practical and you can recharge it every night at your house.
My f-150 3.5 ecoboost with 36 gal tank ALWAYS gets 500 miles per tank, usually over 600.
Sponsored