Sponsored

Here at KOH! Waiting... Pic or Info Requests?

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is it that you need finalized? Whether the MY22 tops will fit on a MY21? Whether you'll be able to get a roof rack for a MY21?

When is your reservation? Are you expecting that your Bronco will be built and delivered very quickly (with little time to change or suspend your order after March)?
I dont know when my bronco is being built. I ordered it a week ago.

This is the issue. People are pulling their orders and going 22 or simply not ordering. So the likelyhood that the car that i ordered which is a 21 will actually be shipped as a 21 is increasing. My plan was to just get the badlands 2.7 sasquatch lux and it would just put me over to model year 22 because of demand. However with lower and lower order numbers that ford was expecting. I might slip into 21 , especially if everyone is holding off for 22.

I need this figured out before march. its important.
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm pretty sure the headlight switch for a Badlands won't come with a fog light option but if you could confirm that and/or ask someone about it I would greatly appreciated. Aftermarket will most likely be the only option but I would like to know for sure. Thanks in advance.
You will be able to swap in the factory switch with fog lights. It will likely take some coding with FORSCAN to function. Or just the the AUX switches for your lights.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok so I’ll keep the rails and just wear tall shoes or have a step stool to get in! Improvise for the sake of looking bad ass!!
The rails can be swapped for the step. They bolt on in the same location. Easy swap.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the issue. People are pulling their orders and going 22 or simply not ordering. So the likelyhood that the car that i ordered which is a 21 will actually be shipped as a 21 is increasing. My plan was to just get the badlands 2.7 sasquatch lux and it would just put me over to model year 22 because of demand. However with lower and lower order numbers that ford was expecting. I might slip into 21 , especially if everyone is holding off for 22.

What is the time stamp for your reservation? Is it in the first two days? First week? July? August? Later?

Do you want to wait for a MY22? Because you can just do that... you don't have to worry about that (or try to game options to delay).

Are there certain options you want? Certain plans you have (like getting a MY21 with soft top but then buying a hardtop later)?

I'm legit looking to help you figure your options out... I just need to know exactly what your looking to do / concerns are.

Sponsored

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pics of speaker locations if possible, check the driver and passenger footwell kick panels if possible.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the time stamp for your reservation? Is it in the first two days? First week? July? August? Later?

Do you want to wait for a MY22? Because you can just do that... you don't have to worry about that (or try to game options to delay).

Are there certain options you want? Certain plans you have (like getting a MY21 with soft top but then buying a hardtop later)?

I'm legit looking to help you figure your options out... I just need to know exactly what your looking to do / concerns are.
my concern is pretty simple. I want a white mod top for my badlands.

I ordered a 21 because i would like to get it in 21 instead of waiting another year driving a car from 199X.

If ford fucks everything up and changes the design of the roof , and its not compatible with my car year that im stuck with , i will be furious beyond reason.

I need the answers now i dont need your help.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hate to say it, but that still looks like mounted to the body to me.
Looks like two bolts in the pinch seam and one in the frame to me.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

A week ago? Sorry dude, I don't think you're getting a MY21. 90%+ of reservation holders are not on this forum. Most will take anything they can get.

Reactions: jxc

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A week ago? Sorry dude, I don't think you're getting a MY21. 90%+ of reservation holders are not on this forum. Most will take anything they can get.
i was the first person at my dealer to order the car

Sponsored

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OK, I'm just going to put this out there as a thought experiment.

Ford Bronco Here at KOH! Waiting... Pic or Info Requests? DNVy-c_U8AAaBIR
I just can't unsee this now. May have to change trims, pardon the pun.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doesn't matter if they ordered a week ago. When you order has nothing (or very, very little depending on who you ask) to do with when you receive your Bronco.

Reactions: abe

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my concern is pretty simple. I want a white mod top for my badlands.

I ordered a 21 because i would like to get it in 21 instead of waiting another year driving a car from 199X.

If ford fucks everything up and changes the design of the roof , and its not compatible with my car year that im stuck with , i will be furious beyond reason.

I need the answers now i dont need your help.
Got it. Thank you.

So you want a Bronco as soon as possible (MY21 if you can get it) but you would like to add a White Mod top when they becomes available (MY22).

So your question is whether Ford will alter the tops and vehicle body for MY22 to an extent that they those items are not backwards compatible with the MY21 vehicle body.

I know you don't need *my* help, but by better understanding what your concern is, myself (and others) can be better equipped to ask and get information that might be relevant for you.

Thank you for taking the time to explain it.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Does the MGV feel "leather like"?
You should go feel the "leather" on the Ranger Lariat. Having a Ranger Lariat, and having felt the MGV at Filson event, i'll take the MGV 10 out of 10 over whatever plastic dinosaur they killed to make their "leather" out of in the Ranger.

As Ford has said, and a number of people have confirmed after feeling MGV, it has a pleasing texture to it which doesn't pretend to be leather, it is exactly what it is, and that's soft yet rugged, and long-wearing. I mean, it is the material they have used in boats for going on 70 years, but with material improvements along the way. Ford didn't chince out on the grade of the MGV.

Try rent a kid...

Ford Bronco Here at KOH! Waiting... Pic or Info Requests? DNVy-c_U8AAaBIR
Child abduction is frowned upon up here due to the international ports and human trafficking rings. Down near you and No Country For Old Men, i'd wager it's not as big a deal to "borrow" other people's kids.

Agree with this assessment. I'll also chime in that MGV has a plush antimicrobial layer under the material so it is more giving to the touch than leather, however, it's also tear resistant and durable.
Sponsored