FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t heard good things about Galpin.
I stopped by Galpin Ford today to see if their mannequin was on the lot. It was there (Wildtrack , 4 door, Cactus Grey, sasquatch, cloth interior, 8 inch screen) and they opened it up for me to take a look. They asked me if I wanted to take it for a test drive but I was a bit pressed for time so I declined. We chatted a bit about pricing etc. They asked about my interest and I told them I previously had a reservation with them but moved it to another dealer because they were non-responsive to my emails & phone calls and nonchalant / not straightforward on pricing when I came by twice in person to talk about the reservation process etc before we could convert reservations to orders.

I did tell them I was interested in purchasing a First Edition Lightning Blue with Black interior if they had anyone back out on an order. The salesman told me their markup is $50,000 for a First Edition. I told him I was not interested with that type of markup. He commented that some people are, which I know is true, so I agreed with his point. I mentioned I have X-plan or invoice pricing elsewhere and he was incredulous...

Salesman - "you mean MSRP by invoice?"
Me - No, I mean invoice by invoice.

He asked who X-plan was through and I said "Ford," (duh) via a dealer that is honoring x-plan pricing. We chatted about a few other things like hard top vs. soft top and then he excused himself while I finished checking out the Bronco in peace as he knew there was no sales opportunity with me.

Last edited:

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Here starts the dealer games 352AEF14-4540-4A88-B704-EBEB3D49A304

I asked my dealer if I was gonna pay MSRP bc luckily I have been reading here about mark ups. They said no we don’t mark up orders. I’m so glad I have this.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
View attachment 164999 I
I asked my dealer if I was gonna pay MSRP bc luckily I have been reading here about mark ups. They said no we don’t do that. I’m so glad I have this.
They said they don’t do MSRP as in they’re offering a discount or they’re adding mark up?

Sponsored

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They said they don’t do MSRP as in they’re offering a discount or they’re adding mark up?
Sorry they don’t mark up orders.

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sorry they don’t mark up orders.
Gotcha, that’s good there’s some honest ones out there. I would possibly join a FJ Buy sell trade group and sell your FJ that way. With the low miles and them not being built it would probably fetch a pretty penny on there. Good luck.

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gotcha, that’s good there’s some honest ones out there. I would possibly join a FJ Buy sell trade group and sell your FJ that way. With the low miles and them not being built it would probably fetch a pretty penny on there. Good luck.
Thanks the owner of the dealership is an FJ nut he wants it so I think that helps me they are supposed to tell me what they’ve gonna give me for it soon. I have other options out there. Just wanna do it as a trade to save on the taxes.

mbaeza23

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Suppose it's important to give credit when it’s due, even though Grand Prairie Ford put themselves in this predicament to begin with. They have righted their huge wrong.

Ford Bronco Here starts the dealer games 7E0D4AF3-F31C-4F63-95B2-5D630BA26BF5
Ford Bronco Here starts the dealer games 790D91A2-A14F-4692-98EB-F0C68C33810B

Bronco615

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Sonic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You cancelled your reservation back in January. The rest of us care. I didn't make a review, but those were legitimate reviews warning others of a shady dealership engaged in a shady business practice. Removing legitimate reviews like those results in more customers being scammed by that dealership. It's grade inflation for ratings and it makes ratings untrustworthy when a shady business can simply have them removed.
Go read what the terms are for writing reviews on google then come back and talk to me thanks.
Sponsored