First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A dealership ought to make their intentions known on the ADM at time of ordering. Mine did that and when I threatened to take my reservation elsewhere, only then did they agree to waive it and did so in writing. Waiting til it arrived indicates they always intended to pull the rug from under you.
Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So we should be aiming to get a signed MSRP agreement with our dealers asap then?
ya that what it looks like my dealer did this before they would send the order to ford. Have to talk to then once the 22 come out to make sure he keep his word on the msrp paper.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Canā€™t wait for the death of the dealership model. I know there are a few good dealers out there, and I know itā€™s their livelihood and careers, but the bad dealers FAR outweigh the good ones.

Yeah the guy who got screwed should have confirmed price in a written document, but only a very small percentage of car buyers are even aware of ADM. And for someone who isnā€™t into cars or hasnā€™t purchased a really hot vehicle brand new or done a ton of research here would have no reasonable expectation that the dealership would be charging 150% of MSRP. Shitty behavior. I think in 50 years dealerships become just service centers/new vehicle storage and delivery hubs. Everything will be purchased direct from the manufacturer.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fair enough
No lawyer would touch it with a 10 foot pole. No signed agreement, no right to MSRP.
Perhaps, but if they printed a DORA or PA with detailed breakout of all the pricing, and a total at the bottom of the sheet, and if the dealership didnā€™t specify a different price than whatā€™s listed on the Dora, in writing, then there might be a legal argument to be made.

Last edited:

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So we should be aiming to get a signed MSRP agreement with our dealers asap then?
Granger does it everything a change is made. I made 2 changes 2 door to 4 on badlands

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One thing's for sure! The Facebook author doesn't know where the period (.) key is on their keyboard! That's for certain!

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Came across this post on a 6th Gen FB page. Hope everyone got a signed purchase agreement when they ordered their bronco.

8BF6B6F2-8DBD-45DE-8F5A-E850DA284CA0.jpeg

3C3C1175-C4AB-4497-996C-B6502F88F097.jpeg
This should not be allowed! Ford should step in. It's a shame if Ford doesn't do anything about this kind of stuff! Karma is a thing you know and Ford should be thankful of its customers and treat them with priority before its too late and start to lose reputation!

Sponsored

mbaeza23

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Came across this post on a 6th Gen FB page. Hope everyone got a signed purchase agreement when they ordered their bronco.
Canā€™t wait for the death of the dealership model. I know there are a few good dealers out there, and I know itā€™s their livelihood and careers, but the bad dealers FAR outweigh the good ones.

Yeah the guy who got screwed should have confirmed price in a written document, but only a very small percentage of car buyers are even aware of ADM. And for someone who isnā€™t into cars or hasnā€™t purchased a really hot vehicle brand new or done a ton of research here would have no reasonable expectation that the dealership would be charging 150% of MSRP. Shitty behavior. I think in 50 years dealerships become just service centers/new vehicle storage and delivery hubs. Everything will be purchased direct from the manufacturer.
I came across this the other night because it turns out the person that got screwed over was a friend of a friend.

My biggest issue when hearing about it was that the person is a young woman in her mid to late 20s. Sheā€™s definitely no hardcore Bronco enthusiast that followed online forums that warned about this shit. Iā€™m almost certain that sheā€™s never ordered a vehicle as opposed to just being a walk-in customer.

I havenā€™t been able to get the details on how her reservation and order process went, but she did share a text string with me that showed the salesman telling her the day of pickup that there were walk-in customers with ā€œinsane offers for itā€ and that his managers were telling him there would be ADM of $10k. The text with the additional markup literally follows her text that sheā€™d be at the dealership soon. Then when she got to financing the ADM shot up to $20k!

Definitely would have been harder to pull this shit on a dude. I know I would have been livid and parked my ass in the Bronco and let everyone know what they were trying to pull.

Last edited: