Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well if she did in fact get it resolved to her satisfaction she can thank this forum. There is a lot of whining and bitching that goes on here so it is nice to see something positive come out of this group for a change.
Sponsored

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well after going to the Grand Prairie Ford FB page and leaving a rating. I saw many more related to this event. I am pretty sure they f-ed themselves.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well after going to the Grand Prairie Ford FB page and leaving a rating. I saw many more related to this event. I am pretty sure they f-ed themselves.
There were also a few thousand shares of her FB post...it went viral.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I sent a tweet to Mr Mike Levine and GP Ford expressing my concerns. Mr Levine took the time to respond to me saying "Thank you for your feedback. The customer and dealer have resolved this positively with a good outcome". Just sharing this.

IMG_1099.PNG
Hopefully all the dealers will know to behave or they'll be facing a backlash of bad PR and a squeeze from Ford honchos.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully all the dealers will know to behave or they'll be facing a backlash of bad PR and a squeeze from Ford honchos.
Social media can crush a business nowadays. Glad to be a part of this community...

On the other side of the coin, who ever heard of Granger, IA Danville WV, Grantsville MD or Horsam PA before posting up in here...

Last edited:

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There were also a few thousand shares of her FB post...it went viral.
I posted it on reddit to help the dealer realize the error of their ways. That shit will be in google search results forever.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I sent a tweet to Mr Mike Levine and GP Ford expressing my concerns. Mr Levine took the time to respond to me saying "Thank you for your feedback. The customer and dealer have resolved this positively with a good outcome". Just sharing this.

IMG_1099.PNG

As a sort of update to the gals post, this was posted to the same thread on the facebook 6G group
Screenshot_20210726-210459_Facebook.jpg
@Raptor22 Conner, as the Ford Dallas area Regional Rep, can you please give the Bronco community a little insight to the resolution and what Ford Corporate has done to rein in dishonest and unethical dealerships?

If Ford Corporate allows this to continue you can see how the Bronco community will respond when each of these dishonest dealers try to pull more stunts on reservation holders. Does Ford in fact want to honor a fair and streamlined reservation process or is this what Ford customers have to look forward to with the reservation process?

@Ford Motor Company your assurances to the Bronco community would also go a long way to assure the public Ford will not allow their Ford Dealership franchisees to violate their Ford Corporate Franchise agreements?

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Raptor22 Conner, as the Ford Dallas area Regional Rep, can you please give the Bronco community a little insight to the resolution and what Ford Corporate has done to rein in dishonest and unethical dealerships?

If Ford Corporate allows this to continue you can see how the Bronco community will respond when each of these dishonest dealers try to pull more stunts on reservation holders. Does Ford in fact want to honor a fair and streamlined reservation process or is this what Ford customers have to look forward to with the reservation process?

@Ford Motor Company your assurances to the Bronco community would also go a long way to assure the public Ford will not allow their Ford Dealership franchisees to violate their Ford Corporate Franchise agreements?
Yep, need more than "this was solved positively between customer and dealer". Doesn't make me or anyone else warm and fuzzy about their pre-orders.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have actually had dealers over the year encourage me to finance thru Ford credit for a rebate then refi before my first payment. In PA and VA. I don't think they get hit with anything.
Chargebacks are a very real thing. Commissions, management bonuses, etc. are all calculated based on the profits made on the customers, including the loan markup. Afterall, the vast majority of the profits on a normal car deal come from the F&I office and not from the profit margin on the vehicle. Normally if the customer refinances or pays off the loan within 3 months of the loan origination the bank penalizes the dealership and that comes out of what they thought they had already made.

ALVA DUDE

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd be calling the regional Ford Corporate representative and have the dealership franchise license revoked.
Id normal do that, but it tends to be a self licking ice cream cone. Ive tried it and the whole futile process is like going to city court. You get bumped around and inundated with phone calls, only to have a dealerships "on shift manager" ((thats cynical humor)) make excuses, continue to lie, etc. Id submit to take a look at the current Ford movie that we all are in. Total Show, it is!

Sponsored

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My guess is that they sold her Bronco and gave her a couple grand to go quietly. Perhaps they gave her some kind of a allocation promise as well. Sucks but I doubt that dealership pulls this crap on a reservation holder again.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, we don't really have the right to know, and they don't have the obligation to tell us. I know that if it were me, I would be demanding an immediate new build at invoice minus the markup they made on the original build.

gshorn

Wildtrak
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f150 platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

thats outrageous, I had nothing but great service when I picked my vehicle up, they admitted they would be adding ADM on the 20 broncos they were allocated themselves though.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love it when they do this. I take their shit financing and the next day run it with my credit union. It pisses them off so bad as the bank hits them with a charge back. I’ve had dealers BEG me not to refi for 6 months.
Can you explain that to me, I don't understand how that works. You buy a new car and that loan you use is for a new car loan. If you turn around the next day or the next year, and try to get another loan, isn't that now a used car loan with different interest rates?

I mean from my understanding when you get pre-approved, don't they give you kind of like a blank check that you sign off to the dealer? I want you bought it in the dealer no longer owns it, because Ford financing does, do you still just write the check to Ford financing as your first and only payment?

Which reminds me, I told my dealer that I probably wouldn't be financing, and they responded by saying that they actually do everything through a loan even if for just a few days to protect themselves from people bouncing checks, etc.

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm also curious how this was resolved. To me, the only fair resolution would be to sell her a Bronco at 20k below the sticker and eat that profit they made from her Bronco.
Sponsored