First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's also the question of WHY this order is abandoned. I understand over a year is a long time to wait, and plenty of people will have changed their minds (but you'd imagine most would cancel the orders first out of respect for those still waiting behind them), but somehow like magic granger has 100% name match, and all these ADM dealers have tons of spare stock with green window stickers.

hmm, if only there was a conclusion I could draw there.
From the number of forum members, alone - I think the "abandoned" broncos would really be a low number. Just ironic, that we see any abondoned ones on dealer lots, while we all sit here waiting for our Broncos that have been in production and built for months.
Sponsored

Ckrrm3

Big Bend
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 3.5 Ecoboost, Fusion 1.6 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so she renting from you but well spend 40k on a new ride I hope she only renting tell she buys a home .
She has driven the same Honda prelude since I’ve known her back in 2002 and retiring with a great pension in two weeks. She’s also selling her home she has owned in the SF Bay Area for the same amount of time. Don’t feel bad for her. I’m sure she can buy it cash. She just wants to stay in Tahoe for a short time, until she settles and buys a home in Colorado next year.

GizzardLizard

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Two local dealers under the same chain have a handful of base and BB models that each has a $16k-20k mark up. A BL or FE is one thing (still don't agree but it's more understandable) but marking a base or BB up that much? F right off.

One of these stores tried to tell me back in the summer that Ford wasn't accepting AZXD plans for any vehicle. Not that the dealer wasn't, but that Ford themselves weren't accepting it.

Sponsored
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If dealers want to mark up their own stock I dont really care. Whatever, let the assholes make their money and let the suckers throw their money away.

Its the one screwing over their reservation and order holders with surprise ADM that are truly vile.
i’d respectfully disagree with the sentiment. Mark ups like this are a bad thing in my opinion. If the market becomes flooded with buyers who are willing to overpay then the price will go up for everyone eventually.

I get it, demand influences price but it shouldn’t when supply is artificially constrained. That plus the fact that Ford has just sitting on their hands and letting it happen, makes me want to give up owning anything from that company.

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My friend will be moving in and renting the bottom half of my home in November. She knows, that she will need to sell her old Honda prelude and get an AWD where I live. Any decent AWD used vehicle is thousands more than what they should be going for. I just saw a new 2 door Big Bend at her local dealer at 5k over. I think she should test drive it and get it if she likes it. Instead of buying a used vehicle that is going for 3-5 k over, than what it was going over a year ago. What do you all think?
IMO it's one of the worst possible rationalizations for buying an expensive vehicle that I see people use.

A set of Blizzaks on the Prelude will be about $40,000 less and work just fine.

Chachi1551

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here's a "cancelled" Badlands at a dealer in PA. I don't know how long it has been listed, but just yesterday it was being advertised for $61,250. Today it's listed for $53,585. The window sticker link isn't working, but I'd think that is close to MSRP. I really think a lot of these dealers are gonna be disappointed with what they perceive the Bronco is gonna sell for compared to reality. I would bet money a lot of these are being cancelled after surprise ADM. I mentioned it yesterday in a post, a lot of people have lost that initial excitement due to the extended dumpster fire roll out and there's only a minority of customers with the "gotta have it now at all cost" mentality.

Bronco Badlands for sale in PA
I field calls on a daily basis from folks who are looking to buy a Bronco right now and are calling from all over the country. They will sell these with the mark-ups because the general public has no idea about these and the attention span of a nat. You all live and breathe this so you think it's nuts, but for the majority of buyers, they haven't followed this dumpster fire and will fork over the cash happily. Maybe in a couple of years there will be enough of these available that the ADM's will go away but I wouldn't hold my breath.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
From the number of forum members, alone - I think the "abandoned" broncos would really be a low number. Just ironic, that we see any abondoned ones on dealer lots, while we all sit here waiting for our Broncos that have been in production and built for months.
You might be surprised how many walk. Early reservations with essentially no skin in the game, brought in all manner of customers - rational to the irrationally exuberant and everyone in between.

And folks were reserving and ordering a vehicle more on image, because many had not test driven much less even seen the vehicle in person. That's a recipe for people later opting out.

Last summer when I went to a local dealer to see a Bronco, a second Bronco had just sold to a guy off the street. Sales guy told me the person who ordered had showed up, and realize the Bronco wouldn't work for him. A guy was driving by, and bought it with 10k ADM, lol.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO it's one of the worst possible rationalizations for buying an expensive vehicle that I see people use.

A set of Blizzaks on the Prelude will be about $40,000 less and work just fine.
If I lived at lake level elevation, I would agree with you. Not in my neighborhood. I would be helping her get unstuck on a regular basis, or the next time her car breaks down.

DA587AD4-E122-4AA8-9745-1F6A45F18F3F.png

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I field calls on a daily basis from folks who are looking to buy a Bronco right now and are calling from all over the country. They will sell these with the mark-ups because the general public has no idea about these and the attention span of a nat. You all live and breathe this so you think it's nuts, but for the majority of buyers, they haven't followed this dumpster fire and will fork over the cash happily. Maybe in a couple of years there will be enough of these available that the ADM's will go away but I wouldn't hold my breath.
No way. Look at the Ram TRX. There's 38 of them within 300 miles of me on autotrader. Most going for MSRP to $10k on lower priced ones. These were going for $25k-$50k ADM? just a few months ago. That is a pure enthusiast truck with people willing to pay whatever it takes to get one and it cooled off in less than 6 months in a depleted market. Bronco orders will be filled by a majority of soccer moms. Only brain dead idiots will pay over MSRP for a Bronco now. In 6 months Ford will have a $500 rebate. If gas hits $5/gallon people will run from these.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My friend will be moving in and renting the bottom half of my home in November. She knows, that she will need to sell her old Honda prelude and get an AWD where I live. Any decent AWD used vehicle is thousands more than what they should be going for. I just saw a new 2 door Big Bend at her local dealer at 5k over. I think she should test drive it and get it if she likes it. Instead of buying a used vehicle that is going for 3-5 k over, than what it was going over a year ago. What do you all think?
She should get a Bronco sport for under MSRP
Sponsored