First Name
Laszlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Credit to Bronco Nation for info / pics.

Additional sound deadening is a feature of the high package on Bronco and available in the Outer Banks, Badlands, Wildtrack, and comes standard on First Edition. Some of you have asked about details of the feature and what it actually is. Ford has confirmed to Bronco Nation that the additional sound deadening material is located in the engine bay and is designed to absorb engine noise.

So there's extra insulation / sound deadening material in form of battery cover 🤷‍♂️, firewall insulation, and a hood liner.

Battery cover

Ford Bronco Here's Additional Sound Deadening Material in the Engine Bay (of 2021 Bronco High Package) 🔊 2021 Bronco Engine Bay Additional Sound Deadening Battery Cover

Firewall insulation

Ford Bronco Here's Additional Sound Deadening Material in the Engine Bay (of 2021 Bronco High Package) 🔊 2021 Bronco Firewall Insulation Additional Sound Deadenin

Hood liner

Ford Bronco Here's Additional Sound Deadening Material in the Engine Bay (of 2021 Bronco High Package) 🔊 2021 Bronco Hood Liner Additional Sound Deadenin
🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks, interesting, hope we see pics of the extra high package interior body sound deadening.

Can someone please let David know batteries are not noisy. ;)
Have you ever been to an electron party? Me neither but I've heard positive reports.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First I've ever heard of a battery cover for noise insulation....strange.
Shocking right?

EDIT: do you know who invented battery air conditioning? It was Volt-aire. Well maybe not, but he did think about it.

Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Will lux package get a dope engine cover as well? 🧐

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Haven’t all vehicles had this since at least the 1980s?

Battery insulation is usually a dealer accessory but it’s sold as a cold climate accessory.
Zoom in, it is a .040" thin piece of plastic. There are no thermal or sound insulation properties to it, it is just a cosmetic cover.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That hood insulation looks pretty thick and possibly like a solid piece of plastic? If it's not just a fabric pad that will get ruined from mud, salt, sand, water, etc., that would be nice. If it is plastic, I hope it doesn't hang too low to prevent mounting an air compressor. It looks pretty thick.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Zoom in, it is a .040" thin piece of plastic. There are no thermal or sound insulation properties to it, it is just a cosmetic cover.
That’s what I thought as well, I figured there was a insulation wrap around the battery I couldn’t see.
Sponsored