Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my '98 Mazda B4000, the gearshift hit any taller beverages (16 oz bottles or tumblers) in the drivers cupholder when shifting into 2nd gear and the passengers in 4th. Swapping my beverage between passenger and driver cupholders just became part of the shifting process. Passengers just had to hang onto their beverage until we got on a highway.
I'd take that again if it guaranteed a manual in the Bronco.
Total win with this story. I can picture it perfectly. LOL
Sponsored

Last edited:

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"As far as 4Runner, this should certainly be more 'fresh' of an interior, more powerful engine, and if it floats your boat, topless."

"If it's as capable as a 4Runner, or even a little more, that's pretty good company. 4Runners will go a ton of places."

"Yup. 4Runner is likely what I'll buy if this doesn't fit the bill for whatever reason. "

this, this and this ..... interior HAS to be wider than a wrangler or 4Runner it is :fingerscrossed:

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My curiosity got the better of me...

I tried to do the best I could accounting for the perspective of the photographer and started by locating hardpoints. Then I marked the travel to "level" with a yellow box (because its easy to scale and rotate boxes for comparison). Then I have a white box for both the control arm length estimate and the tire radius.
If I assume the Control arm is 14" like Stampede said then I get more like 5" rebound, if I go by a very conservative tire radius estimate of 32" (it should be more) I get more like 6.5"

The truth may lie somewhere in between, or maybe better considering the tire and/or control arms may be bigger than the assumptions used here. Either way it doesn't look too bleak to me.
Ford Bronco Here's the 2021 Bronco's Tail Light Shape Illuminated 1582212346152

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I tried to do the best I could accounting for the perspective of the photographer and started by locating hardpoints.
You've looked at this in so many ways...both with the pride of a 'maker' and the enthusiasm of a 'buyer'. Having seen many pictures now, what's your best estimate of the 2dr/4dr wheelbases?

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You've looked at this in so many ways...both with the pride of a 'maker' and the enthusiasm of a 'buyer'. Having seen many pictures now, what's your best estimate of the 2dr/4dr wheelbases?
I made a drawing for that one as well, I think you can find it on the homepage. Not the best methodology mind you

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My curiosity got the better of me...

I tried to do the best I could accounting for the perspective of the photographer and started by locating hardpoints. Then I marked the travel to "level" with a yellow box (because its easy to scale and rotate boxes for comparison). Then I have a white box for both the control arm length estimate and the tire radius.
If I assume the Control arm is 14" like Stampede said then I get more like 5" rebound, if I go by a very conservative tire radius estimate of 32" (it should be more) I get more like 6.5"

The truth may lie somewhere in between, or maybe better considering the tire and/or control arms may be bigger than the assumptions used here. Either way it doesn't look too bleak to me.
Ford Bronco Here's the 2021 Bronco's Tail Light Shape Illuminated 1582212346152
Are you saying 6.5” of travel isn’t bad for an off-road vehicle?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I made a drawing for that one as well, I think you can find it on the homepage.
If you're still in the 116" camp on the 4-door....combining that with the 6g administrator promoting "Sunny Joe" to an 'eyewitness' on the homepage...I'm gonna guess the 2-door is @2-3 inches longer, and 3-4 wider than the 2020 Wrangler

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you saying 6.5” of travel isn’t bad for an off-road vehicle?
No, I didn't bother to include an estimate for jounce travel which is hard to do without a lot of assumptions we don't have. Rebound is just the travel from ride height to full droop, that's what I was calculating. Given what the rebound is, I would be very surprised if the full wheel travel is less than 10" in any configuration, let alone this version

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"As far as 4Runner, this should certainly be more 'fresh' of an interior, more powerful engine, and if it floats your boat, topless."

"If it's as capable as a 4Runner, or even a little more, that's pretty good company. 4Runners will go a ton of places."

"Yup. 4Runner is likely what I'll buy if this doesn't fit the bill for whatever reason. "

this, this and this ..... interior HAS to be wider than a wrangler or 4Runner it is :fingerscrossed:
I think Ford is going for Toyota more than for Jeep haha, trick

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No, I didn't bother to include an estimate for jounce travel which is hard to do without a lot of assumptions we don't have. Rebound is just the travel from ride height to full droop, that's what I was calculating. Given what the rebound is, I would be very surprised if the full wheel travel is less than 10" in any configuration, let alone this version
10” will be comparable to a stock Rubicon, but still need a low speed sway bar disconnect to get full articulation.

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for the clarification.
That kind of wheel travel is impressive, most trucks have considerably less from the factory.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've been trying to find hard numbers for the Ranger and Ranger Raptor front and rear wheel travel but I can't find them anywhere. Anybody have any ideas?

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been trying to find hard numbers for the Ranger and Ranger Raptor front and rear wheel travel but I can't find them anywhere. Anybody have any ideas?
From what I have found, ford hasn't published any numbers. Maybe in an effort to keep some secrecy to the bronco?
Sponsored