Sponsored

Here's the Baby Bronco's Front Grille & Headlights Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It probably sucks to be anyone even remotely associated with Ford right now... all your "old friends" you haven't heard from in decades trying to weasel out any info on the Bronco.
Not sure if this was directed at me, but just to clear my mind and not in any way attacking you either:

He is a very close family friend and I used to work with him several years ago. I seized the opportunity to ask him in person rather than shooting him a text to make it seem more genuine. Once he denied any knowledge of the mold, end of conversation. No poking and prodding to try and get info out of him.

Again, not attacking you in any way.
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if this was directed at me, ...
Pretty sure it was a general comment. There are a lot of people asking questions, and Ford is running a remarkably "tight ship" regarding what is being discovered. By now with most vehicles we'd have seen production bodied prototypes, and seen running gear etc.

Just look at the Mach E or next F150. Their release isn't that far removed from the Bronco and we know all kinds of stuff about them, and have for months.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not sure if this was directed at me, but just to clear my mind and not in any way attacking you either:

He is a very close family friend and I used to work with him several years ago. I seized the opportunity to ask him in person rather than shooting him a text to make it seem more genuine. Once he denied any knowledge of the mold, end of conversation. No poking and prodding to try and get info out of him.

Again, not attacking you in any way.
Not at all, just a general observation. I'm the guy that's always reticent about asking for a discount or upgrade on a hotel room or a plane ticket, as I know *everyone* asks for a discount. It just must be all the worse to be someone in the know regarding something secretive and popular.

My daughter was an A&R person for a major label, and the lengths that inexplicably obscure "old friends" would go to in order to score tickets or merch was a major annoyance. I was her stepdad, so when I called in a marker for a meet and greet with Little Big Town, it was expected :)

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My daughter was an A&R person for a major label, and the lengths that inexplicably obscure "old friends" would go to in order to score tickets or merch was a major annoyance.
It sounds like your daughter is better-connected than you are. Maybe you should ask her to dig up Bronco secrets :)

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It sounds like your daughter is better-connected than you are. Maybe you should ask her to dig up Bronco secrets :)
I have no connections for anything useful - except my daughters :). Then again, I'm certified in my ability to keep a secret, so there's that to consider...

Maybe I should ask what Carmaker1 wants tickets to? :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It very well could be...

Although I'm not convinced.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just look at the Mach E or next F150. Their release isn't that far removed from the Bronco and we know all kinds of stuff about them, and have for months.
I still don't understand this sentiment

We didn't even know that the Mach E was going to be called "Mustang Mach E" until the day prior to its release. We had almost NO concrete information on it prior to its release. Meanwhile, we already know what platform the Bronco is on, at least 1 engine that its going to be offered with, and a general idea of the design language, all alongside a prototype race variant of it. The Bronco is not being kept as secret as many here like to infer; it's being kept secret just like ANY future Ford vehicle is. You all just think it's some sort of top-secret mission simply because of your hunger for information

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still don't understand this sentiment

We didn't even know that the Mach E was going to be called "Mustang Mach E" until the day prior to its release. We had almost NO concrete information on it prior to its release. Meanwhile, we already know what platform the Bronco is on, at least 1 engine that its going to be offered with, and a general idea of the design language, all alongside a prototype race variant of it. The Bronco is not being kept as secret as many here like to infer; it's being kept secret just like ANY future Ford vehicle is. You all just think it's some sort of top-secret mission simply because of your hunger for information
Um, we were pretty sure but not completely sure it would be called the Mustang Mach E for a few months before it's release, along with a pretty solid idea of what it would look like. And that it was a 4 door electric CUV. Hell, the uproar over it being called Mach 1 was a year ago now.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We didn't even know that the Mach E was going to be called "Mustang Mach E" until the day prior to its release.
Actually that was hinted at months ago-Ford stated-we aren't going to be spending alot of money to advertise this and the pony in the grill was a huge hint.

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Um, we were pretty sure but not completely sure it would be called the Mustang Mach E for a few months before it's release, along with a pretty solid idea of what it would look like. And that it was a 4 door electric CUV. Hell, the uproar over it being called Mach 1 was a year ago now.
Just like we're PRETTY SURE on quite a few things about the Bronco... "jeep competitor", manual trans, 33" tires, removable/stowable doors, and so on. But a lot of people condemning the "secrecy" that Ford has with the Bronco will say that those were never confirmed by Ford and can't be taken as concrete evidence.

Prior to the mach E's debut, we knew about as much about it as we do the Bronco (prior to the BroncoR)... a general shilouette (tarped picture vs drawn outline), a propulsion method (ICE, slated for hybrid integration vs Full EV), and a relative name (Bronco *something* vs Mach *something*). That's it. The Bronco isn't being kept any more secret than any other Ford vehicle, Ford is just typically very secretive with their future vehicles

Actually that was hinted at months ago-Ford stated-we aren't going to be spending alot of money to advertise this and the pony in the grill was a huge hint.
Hinted, and that wasn't concrete evidence of the name. For all we knew, it could've just been sketched on there to differentiate it from any other Ford vehicle (because lord knows it looks like an Edge with some tri-bar taillights)

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All the public was shown regarding the Mach E was a vague CAD image of the front end depicting pretty much just the headlights, grille outline, part of the hoodline, and the pony logo
Mach E.jpg

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
[This is the Baby Bronco's front grille and headlights. Note you can see the BRONCO stamping in the grille].

The grille insert confirms that the Baby Bronco is probably going to have wider oval shaped headlights (compared to the leaked regular Bronco model's headlights). Not crazy about the 'C=' shape, but at least it's close enough to the classic sealed beam look. Back to the drawing board, must tweak the renders.

Ford-Baby-Bronco-Front-Grille-Fascia-Headlight.png

Broncowski

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow that's huge! I really wonder how much of this will be shared with the big Bronco. I'm really hoping the U725 has a more blunt headlight (in shape and placement) than that.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.