2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it'll be like my '17 f150 key fob and like the one below, getting to the physical key piece is a chore. Only reason I need to access the physical key is if I want to lower my spare tire or change a battery.

Ford Bronco Here's the Key Fob for 2021 Bronco Screenshot_2020-09-25-18-30-18(1)
Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Two $70k+ "luxury" vehicle manufacturers vs a $30k "Standard" manufacturer. That's why it's so mundane, it's literally the brand
But with Ford positioning Bronco as its own unique brand, you'd think they could put in a little effort to avoid the generic Ford parts bin for an essential item you will literally carry around with you all day. Porsche and Tesla aren't giving you unique key fobs because unique key fobs are expensive and reflective of what you paid. They're giving you unique key fobs because they want you to bond with your vehicle and thus their brands. "God is in the details."

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can I just get a pair of keys one for the door and one for the motor and wheel lock please. Now I have to trust my skeevy freinds when I ask them to get their junk they left in my car. It also works for lending your vehicle. If they have the option to lock it they will take longer to bring it back.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The first edition comes with the signature John Bronco key fob
Ford Bronco Here's the Key Fob for 2021 Bronco B79FF49D-2E29-40B6-AAAE-9FA34FD0E75C

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it'll be like my '17 f150 key fob and like the one below, getting to the physical key piece is a chore. Only reason I need to access the physical key is if I want to lower my spare tire or change a battery.

Ford Bronco Here's the Key Fob for 2021 Bronco B79FF49D-2E29-40B6-AAAE-9FA34FD0E75C
The new FOB's are so much easier to get the key out. Easy push button and it pulls right out. I was thinking the same thing knowing I'll be locking the console often.
PXL_20201016_124000032~2.jpg

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The new FOB's are so much easier to get the key out. Easy push button and it pulls right out. I was thinking the same thing knowing I'll be locking the console often.
Well that's good, essentially like my wife's Grand Cherokee key, although I have found at times she has separated the fob from the key and carrying them separate which drives me crazy. We won't be locking the console. As a jeep owner, Id rather a thief just open up the console vs pry the oem open. That's why they make lockable storage boxes (under the seat, center console etc.). Even an aftermarket center lockable storage insert is better than the factory one and a lot cheaper to replace if damaged.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone else bothered by the low range manual transmission gear being labeled C instead of L?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else bothered by the low range manual transmission gear being labeled C instead of L?
Yeah... it's got to be C for Crawl, because it's the 4wd transfer case that has the H and L.

(This way you can say "Crawl Low" or "Crawl High"... also, now that I've said that, the word "crawl" sounds really weird.... Crrrraaaaawwwwl...)

Also, this might be the winner for the furthest off topic a thread has ever become.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah... it's got to be C for Crawl, because it's the 4wd transfer case that has the H and L.

(This way you can say "Crawl Low" or "Crawl High"... also, now that I've said that, the word "crawl" sounds really weird.... Crrrraaaaawwwwl...)

Also, this might be the winner for the furthest off topic a thread has ever become.
Not going to lie, anybody who canā€™t tell the difference between low range on the transfer case and the manual transmission probably shouldnā€™t be buying a vehicle such as this.

But Iā€™ve never heard of it referenced to as a crawler gear outside of specially built transmissions where you swap out first with a crawler and you just start from second on the road.

Honestly, my 1983 FJ60 could have been started from third gear.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not going to lie, anybody who canā€™t tell the difference between low range on the transfer case and the manual transmission probably shouldnā€™t be buying a vehicle such as this.

But Iā€™ve never heard of it referenced to as a crawler gear outside of specially built transmissions where you swap out first with a crawler and you just start from second on the road.

Honestly, my 1983 FJ60 could have been started from third gear.
The distinction isnā€™t for the person actually using the vehicle, the distinction is for marketing and reference materials.

Just look at this forum. People canā€™t keep straight the difference between the MIC and Modular hard tops... just imagine the turmoil if there were two different and distinct ā€œLā€ gearing advertised and discussed... one included on all vehicles and one included only with the manual transmission.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
G for granny gear would be better.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Here's the Key Fob for 2021 Bronco PXL_20201016_124000032~2
That's cool. I assume that is the key for the glove and center console. Where else would it be needed for the Bronco?
Sponsored