First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I'm in the same boat and have the same mentality.
Exactly. I certainly won't go beyond 2023. Ford will lose a customer for life and I'm sure my poor recommendation will lose them additional customers of friends and family that may have considered a Ford. It's not just the fact that Ford can't figure out how to build the vehicle, but that I've had to fight over and over just to secure my price protections and finally get issued my private offer certificate that I was promised. Combine that with the fact that Ford has had ZERO communication with me and offered ZERO updates while I've been patiently waiting a year and a half. This has been, by far, the worst customer service I've ever experienced.
Sponsored

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen several of you guys mention Price Protection and was curious what you have been told about this for the HE? My original non-reservation order was actually for a Badlands back in October 2021. I ordered one from Chapman Ford and one from my local dealer the same week. I thought I would gamble to try to get the below MSRP pricing from Chapman but knowing they had LOTS of orders before mine I hedged my bet and ordered from the largest dealer in my area with MSRP pricing thinking they would have the most allocations. I received my Badlands from the local dealer in June 2022. I called Chapman to cancel my order in March 2022 when I received notice my other one was scheduled to be built.

Fast Forward to September 2022 and I get an email from Ford saying my 2 door Black Diamond order has been received through Chapman Ford??? So apparently they never canceled my original order I guess just 99'ed it and held on to it for themselves, which I'm curious how that would have worked with the new order verification process in place now? So I played dumb and called them up and told them I wanted to change my order to a HE because my wife has now decided she would like that for her. I asked about PP at that time and was told it did not pertain to the HE since it was a new trim that wasn't available when I placed my original order.

Sorry for the long story but I'm very curious what are you guys being told about PP with the HE?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry for the long story but I'm very curious what are you guys being told about PP with the HE?
If you have a MYTO rebate from an early reservation it can be applied to an HE. Retail Price Protection is designed to protect against price increases from the time Ford accepts the order until the time it is actually delivered (however, it doesn't span model years). Study up on the flowchart for further clarification and you can call the Ford Marketing / Bronco Hotline at 800-334-4375 to check on your certificate number and rebate amount, if you have one. But after re-reading your post, I doubt you have a MYTO on file and are probably only eligible for the RPP. Doesn't hurt to call and check though.

When my HE is finally built and delivered this year, I will be able to apply a MYTO rebate of $3220 from a day1 BL reservation as well as $1500 worth of RPP.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I've seen several of you guys mention Price Protection and was curious what you have been told about this for the HE? My original non-reservation order was actually for a Badlands back in October 2021. I ordered one from Chapman Ford and one from my local dealer the same week. I thought I would gamble to try to get the below MSRP pricing from Chapman but knowing they had LOTS of orders before mine I hedged my bet and ordered from the largest dealer in my area with MSRP pricing thinking they would have the most allocations. I received my Badlands from the local dealer in June 2022. I called Chapman to cancel my order in March 2022 when I received notice my other one was scheduled to be built.

Fast Forward to September 2022 and I get an email from Ford saying my 2 door Black Diamond order has been received through Chapman Ford??? So apparently they never canceled my original order I guess just 99'ed it and held on to it for themselves, which I'm curious how that would have worked with the new order verification process in place now? So I played dumb and called them up and told them I wanted to change my order to a HE because my wife has now decided she would like that for her. I asked about PP at that time and was told it did not pertain to the HE since it was a new trim that wasn't available when I placed my original order.

Standard Heritages are eligible for a private offer (Limited's are not) if you meet the time guidelines:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ultimate-2023my-price-protection-flowchart.58270/

Hate to push you to another thread but walk through that and come back with questions or call out to @RagnarKon.

Price protection is different than private offer but you should be locked in to whatever your cost was when you placed your order for a standard I know, not sure if Limited's are or not.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If you have a MYTO rebate from an early reservation it can be applied to an HE. Retail Price Protection is designed to protect against price increases from the time Ford accepts the order until the time it is actually delivered (however, it doesn't span model years). Study up on the flowchart for further clarification and you can call the Ford Marketing / Bronco Hotline at 800-334-4375 to check on your certificate number and rebate amount, if you have one. But after re-reading your post, I doubt you have a MYTO on file and are probably only eligible for the RPP. Doesn't hurt to call and check though.

When my HE is finally built and delivered this year, I will be able to apply a MYTO rebate of $3220 from a day1 BL reservation as well as $1500 worth of RPP.
I had to look over the spreadsheet on your amounts but then realized you were four door. I'll get $3250 MYTO for second day BD reservation that rolled over to HE and then $2500 in RPP along with the Granger discount.

Ford needs to build these dang things, right now with the money we'd be saving it doesn't make sense to not buy it!

Sponsored

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm going to let it ride thru '23, if Ford truly can't build it this year due to their ineptness and really does pull my PP and private offer then that's it, they won't get a dime from me ever. Said it before, I don't need a new car and will use what I have saved for the Bronco and buy me a toy, no worries.
I love how your comments are typically how I feel-now I don't have to type exactly what you just said-UGH

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I love how your comments are typically how I feel-now I don't have to type exactly what you just said-UGH
I think most of us here are like minded, we all want our Bronco but are pretty worn out by the process, Ford is not making this easy on anyone.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I think most of us here are like minded, we all want our Bronco but are pretty worn out by the process, Ford is not making this easy on anyone.
I fully remember all of this frustration with my first order too folks. The early res folks still waiting on what they want is a travesty.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for all of the tips and links guys. I will have to do some homework now.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Looks like we are all only a couple of months away from having our 2023 orders cancelled. Ford will make a lot of money as all price protections and private offers will be wiped out. No problem though....you can re order a 2024 for thousands more than what you would have paid for your 2023, and wait another year and a half.
They built 21’s well into 2022 if recall correctly. I don’t think we are any real time crunch other than you would have thought they would have been ready by now.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They built 21’s well into 2022 if recall correctly. I don’t think we are any real time crunch other than you would have thought they would have been ready by now.
MY22 production started in mid December.
MY24 production is scheduled to begin in mid October.
Currently the latest reported build date is August 14th so that would leave 8 or 9 weeks of open MY23 scheduling.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Currently the latest reported build date is August 14th so that would leave 8 or 9 weeks of open MY23 scheduling.
So if unscheduled heritage pretty much just wait for the 24 order banks to open sounds like which will be when august September?

gregory.conklin

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
62 Falcon 68 F250 92 F250 97 Ranger 13 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
If we have a VIN does that guarantee were going to get a build?

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Right. So, once we hit mid October for build slots, those orders get pushed to 2024 and all price protections and private offers evaporate. Then Ford can sell those slots for thousands more.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
If we have a VIN does that guarantee were going to get a build?
It does not. My brother has ordered and purchased two Mavericks. He said that there were a bunch of 2022 order holders with VINs that just never got built and got pushed to 2023.
Sponsored