Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wouldn't surprise me at all if 'special editions' are not a part of Ford's reservation scheme at all. Possibly MY2022 regular dealer inventory to allow dealers to 'get well' on ADM
I think you got it right. With the FE, Ford was able to equitably assign the trim to a reservation holder just on the premise of being first. But if a Heritage trim is limited, there really is no equitable way to assign that option to existing reservation holders. No one, including Ford, knows when the cutoff for MY22 will begin. All converted reservations must submit a MY21 order or their reservation will be cancelled and $100 refunded. We all know that not every submitted order will be built as a MY21. So those orders that don't get scheduled will have to resubmit a MY22 order.

Ford may restrict orders that need to be resubmitted to the specific trim and door count that was submitted for the MY21 order. Doing so would exclude the option of new trims such as a Heritage edition. They could be produced first and delivered to dealers. Dealers get their ADM and Ford gets the buzz.
Sponsored

teerussyo

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't go through 31 pages of comments right now - can we order it this year?

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GritDoc

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

been rocking the retro stripes since Jeep showed that Easter Gladiator - folks do seem to really like the retro look, get lots of compliments on it

Ford Bronco Heritage Edition Bronco Confirmed! (E5G / E5H) - Update: Not Until MY2022 F1971-Ford-Bronco-Stroppe-Baja-Edition-28-1600x893

Ford Bronco Heritage Edition Bronco Confirmed! (E5G / E5H) - Update: Not Until MY2022 F1971-Ford-Bronco-Stroppe-Baja-Edition-28-1600x893

I imagine this is what lightning blue looks like? Looks amazing

Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Santa Claus found a gift on the floorboard of his sleigh and it finally showed up.

Maybe I need to reconsider my color choice to match? ?

I know who winning the ugly sweater competition next Christmas....:D(y)

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford could just say: "If you have a 2021 reservation, and prefer to wait for 2022, you can." They would get a lot of takers, and have a lot less duplicate reservations per household.
Yep but then they wont be able to brag about having 190,000 reservations for 2021 models. It really could be a lot simpler than they are making it. Some people are letting it effect them more than I am cause Im still ordering the BD Sasquatch and I'll make it my own by myself after that.

Rufus

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm, what exactly did Ford do wrong in this case? We all know they have screwed up plenty but I don't believe they are the ones that announced this or at least not officially. Who knows, when they started planning the 1st year rollout a few years ago, they were planning on offering a Heritage Edition. If so, they probably scrapped it considering the dumpster fire we have now.
In my opinion they under-called/missed what "people really wanted" (ala the Heritage/White Roof model) and were sitting back on the Heritage until 22MY. Now with 190k reservations (overwhelming the system/capacity constraints) and a million and one opinions on what was missed (not to mention damn Covid delays), their actual plans have started to fall apart. Sure they will have a Heritage and it will be a trim or an expensive option that might not be available at all levels (even though we all know people will want it from Base to Badlands and everywhere inbetween.). I just wish they'd make it 100% clear on the what and when. I am waiting till I can get it and having patience. I fully assume that will 22MY -- just wish I could know "all about it" and order in reasonable time and then patiently wait for what I really want. All about a good color for me -- hoping for true Cherry Red, Forest Green, or a nice "sky blue" type of color.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know who winning the ugly sweater competition next Christmas....:D(y)
Who knows. If there's a cash prize, then maybe it'll help pay down the mountain of cash it's taking to hold onto my current build. If not, then maybe this sweater is the only "Bronco" I can afford ?

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my opinion they under-called/missed what "people really wanted" (ala the Heritage/White Roof model) and were sitting back on the Heritage until 22MY. Now with 190k reservations (overwhelming the system/capacity constraints) and a million and one opinions on what was missed (not to mention damn Covid delays), their actual plans have started to fall apart. Sure they will have a Heritage and it will be a trim or an expensive option that might not be available at all levels (even though we all know people will want it from Base to Badlands and everywhere inbetween.). I just wish they'd make it 100% clear on the what and when. I am waiting till I can get it and having patience. I fully assume that will 22MY -- just wish I could know "all about it" and order in reasonable time and then patiently wait for what I really want. All about a good color for me -- hoping for true Cherry Red, Forest Green, or a nice "sky blue" type of color.
I completely agree with you that they missed the boat on some of the nostalgic aspects of the early Broncos. It boggles my mind they didn't go that one extra step on the colors of the exterior, interior and the top. Give me Boxwood Green with a white top and I'd be set! I'm hoping MY22 will look much better.

Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs