First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went to the Seattle Meet the Broncos event, like the vehicles, will make the waiting seem much longer. The event itself - meh.

Anyway I asked a question that they couldn't answer, and I haven't seen it discussed here (yes I tried searching) If I hit the Sway bar disconnect and /or the Trail Turn Assist, will they stay on? I know the disco is speed limited and that's fine, but does it clear once it reengages? End up in a lot of mixed driving, smooth sections where you can get up to speed then, broken sections with a lot of scrambling. Being it doesn't need to be on even ground to engage/disengage, it should be set and forget right?

Same thing with the Trail Turn, I imagine it only engages at full lock, which presumably I wouldn't do at speed anyway, but I don't want to have to reach over to hit a button every time I need to cut around an obstacle, tree, root, boulder, etc.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the ride alongs, the driver made it sound like as long as you selected it, it will engage and disengage above and below the speed limit until you deliberately hit the button again, or the vehicle is power cycled.

Basically the specific feature is “active” until it’s deactivated by the driver or the vehicle is turned off.

That’s just based on the off-hand ramblings of one driver in one video though. Not sure how accurate it is.

Santos

Badlands
First Name
Santo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977F100:1970 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats a great question.... in our ride the driver only did it once so no chance of knowing if its repeatable without reingauging .🤔

OP
OP

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I think I caught that one too and that's what really set off the light bulb for me, hoping that's the case. The girl at the event, while couldn't answer did reach out to someone but he didn't respond. She said I made her list of questions that they couldn't answer for the day (she said they didn't really get much more than a cursory training about colors and trims).

One of the others there said they've always only seen it used once to demonstrate and then it gets turned off so he didn't know either.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's what I was looking for, my searching talent sucks.

How about the trail turn, maybe leave it on full time to help with those cramped parking spaces around town?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think a parking lot qualifies as trail, my guess is that this system is only for off road, not paved. Haven't seen anything definitive and manuals aren't available yet, but I'd be somewhat surprised if you can use it in a parking lot.

OP
OP

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, the marketing people at the event admitted that's the only place they've used it. I don't think the nanny sensors are quite sophisticated enough to determine if you're on pavement, rock, dirt or sand at that slow of a speed. Not saying it wouldn't put more of a strain on things than should be, but in reality, some if not most of us are going to do it at some point.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, the marketing people at the event admitted that's the only place they've used it. (...), some if not most of us are going to do it at some point.
interesting they would say that.

And you first ;-)

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is one of the reasons to use your little "GOAT" mode dial. Lest you drive on hard pavement in 4WD like I do accidently "all the time" in my Wrangler.

Sponsored

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Engaging lockers or part time 4wd on pavement will wind up stress into your drivetrain that you can actually feel. Tires chirp, the whole rig will even come to an abrubt stop in a turn if you let off the gas. The forces you are creating that have no "out" like they normally would on dirt via wheel scrub will eventually be expensive.

jimd1

Badlands
First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the ride alongs, the driver made it sound like as long as you selected it, it will engage and disengage above and below the speed limit until you deliberately hit the button again, or the vehicle is power cycled.

Basically the specific feature is “active” until it’s deactivated by the driver or the vehicle is turned off.

That’s just based on the off-hand ramblings of one driver in one video though. Not sure how accurate it is.
Our driver at super cel in Townsend Tn said it stays engaged until you deactivate it it will change in and out depending on speed

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do believe that it has to be in an off road mode for a lot of things to be engaged. Pretty sure that’s what our driver said at super cel.

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow if y'all are not going to go off-roading why buy these machines. But I guess y’all can run over the curbs at the mall, get the parallel parking button too. Put only about 6,000 miles on my 79 last year, to the farm, or hunting property is less than 20 miles of paved roads to there and back. So most will be off road for me. I see a lot of really nice looking rigs driving around that will never see a puddle much less anywhere off road. Well like I have said before it’s your money spend the extra dollar and get exactly what you want or you will never be happy with it. Me I am going to take it off road the day I get it yessir I will test it out. Did the same thing with my F250 it had 800 miles on it, got it bed lined, a little camo trim, a Bullydog tuner, learned the all terrain tires were about useless off road here in the south. Wet red clay is slicker than ice.

havingfunyet

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Base
I very rarely go off road yet I drive a Jeep and am selling it to get a Bronco. Why, you asked, because I love driving with the top and doors off and need something bigger than the back seat of a car to take my large dogs in. The back seat is never in my Jeep and will come out of the Bronco. I prefer to sit higher up like in a Jeep or truck than low in a car. I feel less likely to get stuck in heavy snow knowing I have 4 wheel drive if needed. And occasionally there might be trails or beaches I take the dogs to where 4 wheel drive or at least a vehicle with higher clearance is good to have.
Sponsored