First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well....because the sound is not "muddied" and the 600HZ are doing a great job, I am getting BIGGER sound from the 4 inch. Clearer and better. I have NO SUB. so I rely on my 6 speakers to balance out (for now). I will be adding a sub in the future and I will for sure have better acoustics with that
I guess you are replying to me but I'm not certain why? I certainly never used the word "muddied" and honestly not sure *what* I could have said to set you off but I do apologize as I certainly didn't mean to offend. It's your thread and I respect that.
Sponsored

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess you are replying to me but I'm not certain why? I certainly never used the word "muddied" and honestly not sure *what* I could have said to set you off but I do apologize as I certainly didn't mean to offend. It's your thread and I respect that.
I've been looking at these Hertz 4" speakers and the JL Audio C2-400x.

The Hertz are appealing because of the higher sensitivity, but I'm a bit worried about their use of the paper cone, in terms of durability and with the top off, etc.

Anyone have thoughts on that issue?

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great question Todd. In for the answer.

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Perhaps I spoke out of turn - but, I had quite the opposite experience with my Infinity Ref. I had been running 600hz since Aug 2021 and just switched to 300hz and it’s light years better.
How do you like the Infinity Ref. speakers? Listening to just about every speaker on the crutchfield website I liked the Infinity the best. Still waiting for the day to install them in a Bronco.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure where you got "set you off" from......I'm not set off at all...???? You took that the wrong way. I was just explaining....No offense taken and still not sure what you are talking about. I'm confused.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How do you like the Infinity Ref. speakers? Listening to just about every speaker on the crutchfield website I liked the Infinity the best. Still waiting for the day to install them in a Bronco.
Honestly, quite impressed. Make sure you get the 300 hz blockers for the two front dash speakers. For $150-200 upgrade, you can’t go wrong. Update the range to the rear pods via Forscan for a fuller sound. Take it one step further with Kit 11 from @plugnplaykits - and most won’t even need to consider a sub.

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly, quite impressed. Make sure you get the 300 hz blockers for the two front dash speakers. For $150-200 upgrade, you can’t go wrong. Update the range to the rear pods via Forscan for a fuller sound. Take it one step further with Kit 11 from @plugnplaykits - and most won’t even need to consider a sub.
Yup = that kit from plpugnplay is just amazing.

the314boss

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've been looking at these Hertz 4" speakers and the JL Audio C2-400x.

The Hertz are appealing because of the higher sensitivity, but I'm a bit worried about their use of the paper cone, in terms of durability and with the top off, etc.

Anyone have thoughts on that issue?
anyone have an opinion on this question, specifically? i am currently running JLs in all three dash positions and thinking about swapping left and right dash with HERTZ and center with a midrange component driver PRV...

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've lost one Focal ACX due to dust getting into this gap (pic attached), luckily I had the extra one sitting around. How do the Hertz compare at that point? I don't expect the rest of my speakers to survive a 3rd summer of off roading without doors/top.
Ford Bronco Hertz 4 inch speaker review 1699987196473

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

anyone have an opinion on this question, specifically? i am currently running JLs in all three dash positions and thinking about swapping left and right dash with HERTZ and center with a midrange component driver PRV...
Hertz has a GREAT sound and the imaging was considerably better. I highly recommend it for the money.

Sponsored

the314boss

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hertz has a GREAT sound and the imaging was considerably better. I highly recommend it for the money.
appreciate the feedback. when you say considerably better, is that compared to the JL Audio from personal experience or to OEM/others?

OP
OP
SROC3

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

appreciate the feedback. when you say considerably better, is that compared to the JL Audio from personal experience or to OEM/others?
OEM and also Focals, which i first had. it was at least a 60% improvement from the Focals.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I installed the Hertz DCI 100.3’s over the summer. Admittedly a low bar to top, but compared to the factory ones they are great. The Crutchfield rep recommended them over the Focal, suggesting that the Focal were much brighter sounding and would be fatiguing on the listener. These have plenty of treble and tighter mids and the clarity is much improved. As a result I’ve not yet installed a sub, and could do without, but the added bass would be nice to round out the sound so I will do this soon. Highly recommend.

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How would you guys say these compare to the 4 inch Kicker KS speakers? I currently have the Kicker KS speakers and I feel as if they are too "bright" as well.

the314boss

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I installed the Hertz DCI 100.3’s over the summer. Admittedly a low bar to top, but compared to the factory ones they are great. The Crutchfield rep recommended them over the Focal, suggesting that the Focal were much brighter sounding and would be fatiguing on the listener. These have plenty of treble and tighter mids and the clarity is much improved. As a result I’ve not yet installed a sub, and could do without, but the added bass would be nice to round out the sound so I will do this soon. Highly recommend.
did you only replace the corners, or the center channel as well? i currently have JLs in all three positions and the center channel is overpowering the corners, especially the tweeters - producing the dreaded "sibilance."
Sponsored