Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Reserved mine July 17th. Even back then there was enough information out there to conclude dealers would not have one to sit in or test drive before ordering starts in December. I'm not concerned in the least. If I don't like mine on day of delivery I'll walk away and just keep saving for the next automobile that calls to me.
Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Part of the reason I am surrendering the $500 or so I would save by going to a non local dealer. I will walk away if the thing is shit. I expect it to be nice but Ford must understand people buying a $45k rig on spec may just say f it, I am out.

I love how the company has set Zero expectations about customers being able to see a Bronco by December. One can hope for a shit ton more media at the very least. Maybe a full layout of photos of a non CGI 2 and 4 door in each trim level without stupid mistakes such as Big Bends with no Fog lamps. I am already less than thrilled but have a sneaking suspicion my only full idea of what I will be ordering will be from CGI in BnP.

We know there is an Iconic Silver 2 door Base we could see, but alas nope, they crop the top off. Mike@ford , can we at least expect more before December?

Looking forward to the frustration of building my Bronco and sitting on the build and then the day before ordering getting a new batch of photos that makes me change all my choices.

At least in October we will know if we can option white tops, maybe...

Deleted member 13702

I'm not terribly concerned about ordering site unseen. Final paperwork won't be signed till after it comes in. I can always walk away. I loved my 94 Bronco. Since then capabilities, technology, and comfort have all only improved. I imagine that it will likely exceed my expectations; My only grip is that I can't nail down a color and times ticking away till order day.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will be able to test drive the Bronco that you order. Once it comes in, inspect it and drive it. If you're not happy with it, don't buy it.
THIS!!, As you will not be required to complete the purchase until your unit is on the lot you will have time to 'Lick' the door handle to confirm this is for you, if for some reason you don't like it just don't buy it. The dealer will be thrilled to have a unsold Bronco on the lot, I am sure he will have you sign a statement that this was your decision so he won't be penalized by Ford.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We haven't pre-ordered anything yet, just made a reservation to pre-order. Even then, at least with my dealer, I don't pay until delivery sometime in 2021?....I am sure by then we will get a chance to drive them. (y)

That being said, I ain't writing any checks until I drive one.
If the dealerships are only receiving the our vehicles, what are you going to test drive?

Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the dealerships are only receiving the our vehicles, what are you going to test drive?

This is one of the reasons I changed my day two reservation to an Oct reservation with Granger, by the time I get my vehicle, I will have seen hundreds and driven at least one.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, this will not be a DD for me, a drag behind the RV boondocker and dirt runner, with a few runs to the store for more beer! so I am in no matter what, when I told my spouse I was getting one she said 'That's nice,' gotta love a woman with the right priorities!!:ROFLMAO:

jbh8063

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Am I the only one who is hesitant to jump in on the Bronco without any idea of how it will actually drive, as a daily driver?

Here's some context:
In around 2002/2003, I wanted a crew cab full size Chevy truck. Chevy didn't offer the 1500 Silverado in a crew cab; only in the 2500HD. I was CONVINCED that was what I was going to by. Then I drove it. I HATED the way it drove. It rode like a pogo-stick. The only other option was the Avalanche, which was super ugly, but I drove it anyway. Loved the way Avalanche drove and ended up buying one.

I'm having a hard time with the idea of waiting in line for over a year on a $50k-ish Bronco with no idea of whether I will like the way it will drive or not. I'm currently in a leased 2018 F150 that I'm very happy with. Lease ends in April, but I'm inclined to buy it out. Ford says they'll extend it if I have a Bronco on order.

Thoughts?

Reactions: DHC

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Absolutely hesitant, but it's not going to stop me. I doubt it can shake me around much more than my Mustang in Sport mode with the magneride suspension on the terrible roads around here. With off-road shocks I am expecting it will probably ride better.

Sponsored

Kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GC Trailhawk; ‘20 Honda Passport; '74 VW KG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I the only one who is hesitant to jump in on the Bronco without any idea of how it will actually drive, as a daily driver?
Personally, I think you are very smart. I am looking at possibly purchasing the '21 F-150 Lariat instead of the Bronco, but want to see both of them first (test drive, true exteriors and interiors). I am getting the Bronco Sport, regardless of this.

THOMASO1371

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As long as your dealer doesn't require a non refundable deposit, there should be no fear. You're under no obligation to purchase upon delivery. Order what you want, test drive when it arrives, have a list of what issues are automatic no deal if you find them.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes it is a valid concern, but I have done that with a lot of vehicles and no big surprises so far. I assume the Bronco will drive a bit like a Ranger. It will be a shocking change from my Subaru, but after a few minutes it will be fine and I will be headed for the rough stuff.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have liked the way every Ford I’ve ever driven in drives so I have little doubt that I’ll be disappointed (Mustang, Ranger, Escape, F-150, F-250, and F-350). The F-150 particularly is a great driving experience.

Driving experience is up to the individual though so I get your concern.

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same, I like driving my Ranger, and I'm assuming it won't be drastically different.
Sponsored