stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only concern I have is I have noticed different modular bumpers that are labeled Ford Performance Modular Bumper. The question is what one will be on the Bronco? Will it be a choice between them? Or will I be surprised on delivery when it’s the one I didn’t want...lol
37AB6AD3-2E7B-4ABE-8C96-3DF8688EB0B1.jpeg
2EC7D22E-725A-479E-8F2D-8E89BC6EE61E.jpeg
F89BA50E-875E-4491-AB05-F9BEE36FD2DC.jpeg
So far there are three separate bumpers on the various models on the ford site. They are the standard bumper with no LED fog lights on the Base model; the standard bumper with LED fog lights (big bend, obx and wildtrak) and the heavy duty bumper on the FE, badlands and the black diamond. Then there is the prototype bumper seen on several ford bronco photos that has the LED fog lights as well as large hooks. The white over CG prototype has this bumper on it. I am sure there will be no question by the time the B&P goes live as to which bumper you will choose and what it will cost.
Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Off topic I saw where this came thru on my Facebook by BuckedOffroad. Believe he’s in the group. This render with square headlights has got me like damn!! I dig this so much!! Not gunna lie wish this was what we were getting, but I’m still stoked with what we are getting!

Ford Bronco Hesitant to Order Before Test Drive? 2E491BB4-A969-487C-87B6-A10B873D0C1D

WarringEagle

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After sitting in a Jeep this morning I have significant concerns. I’m 6’3” and couldn’t easily slide in the door (33” tires). Adjusted the seat all the way down and couldn’t get a comfortable position without hitting my head on either the side bar or the midbrace. Looks like Bronco won’t have midbrace right at driver’s head so i’m ok with that. My left leg was clearly going to be at odds with the fabric rope loop containing the door power lines. Was in molded top, inside looked fine but outside closeup it looked pretty atrocious. Yikes don’t want to pay extra for painted top, maybe fabric roof is now the target. Without a paint option I love I’m left wondering wait a year to size it up and hopefully Ford will offer a heritage green color.

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I confess I am having some concerns about placing my order in December. I have NEVER made a purchase of this magnitude ($50K plus) on something that I have not had the opportunity to experience in person first or at least see somewhere else. Don't get me wrong, I am a Die Hard Ford guy and have three Ford's in my garage at any given time but with something this new I have to take a giant leap of faith. Quality is not a concern I know it will be a great vehicle and its abundantly clear that Ford has done their homework on the Bronco. My larger concerns are things like how will I like the ergonomics, will it fit me well or be too small?

I am not even hung up on driving one first but I sure wish Ford would make vehicles available for people to see in person before the ordering process. I would be satisfied if there was some numbers of Broncos that were moved regionally to different dealers and the reservation holders could at least see them. Maybe a couple day windows at regional sites that you could just go look at them and maybe sit in it to see how you like it. No test drives necessary. I would be willing to drive 100 miles for that opportunity. That would go a LONG way increasing my comfort level on pulling the trigger in December.
Most important thing to keep in mind is that we are in hyper information mode while Ford is simply following through on their planned release of infos. So we are constantly front-running their planned drip-drip of info.

Remember how there were instantly a ton of YouTube videos released when they had the release at 13 July? Yeah, there’s going to be more of those. And, the builds will vary each time so we can see all the combinations in some way as they make their pre-production vehicles and prove out the production line.

So sit back, relax, and don’t worry too much about how much info you have right now. By December you’ll have a lot more and there won’t be too many unanswered questions. Believe me, Ford wants your money and they’re going to do everything they can to get you so excited you’ll hand over all of it.

Sponsored

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm all over the place. We don't know pricing, we dont know how they drive, yet many of us have preordered something.... Are we going to get a chance to test drive or maybe even see something before we place our actual orders? I'm guessing no. I'm on the fence until I can see them in person and test drive something. Anyone else feel the same way? I guess we could test drive something with the 2.3 and auto...or something with the 2.7 and auto to get a feel.
I’m not concerned. My Dad’s company work truck was an early 90s Bronco (in the early 90s). That was a big, bouncy, stupid vehicle and I loved it. One of my best friends in college had a black 90s Bronco that was lifted and looked like a dumb little white-trash monster truck. It had purple flames on the side and inspired him to rock a mullet for a couple of months. It stunk of gasoline and was very unsafe. But it was also very fun. We all had much nicer cars and yet always let him drive us wherever we went.

I’m buying the Bronco because I believe they’ve nailed the fun part again, yet they’re bringing a whole lot more refinement, efficiency and safety to the platform. I don’t really care how it behaves or drives because I know it will be fun. I can tell from all of the videos we’ve seen of it bouncing around off-road. It’s not going to be my daily-driver. It’s literally going to be a toy. I’m just hoping to get the maximum fun per dollar out of it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't believe I have ever tested a PC before buying one, so you are very right...to each their own.
Not only that - I build my own PCs. And notebooks in particular I like checking out in person, getting the feel of the keyboard, touchpad and screen, since the user is stuck with those built-in. I work in IT using computers every day - and want things feeling and performing just right.

The Bronco "order and walk away" approach some are recommending seems flawed. How will the buyer even know the day her/his ordered vehicle arrives, if that vehicle is the best option, if not having tested engine, transmission and the other features and options?

Maybe the 2.3L that seems great that day, later seems not as great, especially after you finally get around to experiencing the 2.7L. Or you realize 2 or 4 door was a better fit, but you never bothered to test both before buying. Or after a few weeks you realize the color you got, isn't growing on you, and in some other lighting doesn't look so hot. Then you see some other color that really floats your boat ... oops.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I want to at least sit in one to find out if it feels right. They're saying now that the dealers won't have demos until after orders are placed, I'll likely be trying out my own build and have to decide then. Ford seems like they're intent on making every step of the process more difficult than need be.

MachingBird

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At the very least, I need to sit in one before I order one.

Sponsored

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I will wait for a test drive and hands on evaluation of seating comfort, climb in height, colors etc.
Waiting also provides potential advantages such as
-Post-delivery live reports from new owners (how they feel about various configurations or features).
-Time for the factory to work out any initial glitches and supplier quality defects.
-possible changes in the combination of features available in a second model year.
Disclaimer: I really think this is a great vehicle and I want one, but the one it is replacing will do easily for another 10 years.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My current ride! Love that car except in the snow.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I’d like to sit in one and even test drive it, it won’t be deal breaker for me if I can’t. Having said that, I really don’t blame anyone walking away. It is a pretty big leap of faith.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sweet!!!!

Looks like "I'm moving on up to the east side!"

All you folks claiming to cancel if you can't see or sit in one before ordering and dropping a deposit please follow up.

I think my dealership is fairly small so all cancelations of July reservations should help me out.
Sponsored