Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 2022 BB with 2.3L & 7M, and it's happened three or four times now where on my first real acceleration of a trip I'll get a handful of engine hesitations in a row. So far the pattern I've been able to see is it's still cool (not cold cold though), I'm on relatively level ground, and I'm at about 2800RPM. I think they've all been in second but not 100% sure about that. I'm also not sure if I'd been in that RPM range before my 1-2 shift.

I'll keep trying to nail down the specific conditions when it happens. Does anyone have any suggestions of what it may be?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2022 BB with 2.3L & 7M, and it's happened three or four times now where on my first real acceleration of a trip I'll get a handful of engine hesitations in a row. So far the pattern I've been able to see is it's still cool (not cold cold though), I'm on relatively level ground, and I'm at about 2800RPM. I think they've all been in second but not 100% sure about that. I'm also not sure if I'd been in that RPM range before my 1-2 shift.

I'll keep trying to nail down the specific conditions when it happens. Does anyone have any suggestions of what it may be?
Hi there. This accelerating concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

OP
OP
Lakelife36

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Turbo lag?
It's not even a hard acceleration with no boost showing, and the engine feels like it cuts out for a split second multiple times in a row.

The Bucking Bronco strikes again!
Welcome to the club of gremlins and ghosts in the machine 😂
Bucking is right! That's what it feels like.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lakelife36

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi there. This accelerating concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Done. Thank you very much for your prompt attention to the matter.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get that sometimes but only from a stop and in 1st gear. I am finding I need to give it more gas than I am used to compared to other manual cars.

OP
OP
Lakelife36

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I get that sometimes but only from a stop and in 1st gear. I am finding I need to give it more gas than I am used to compared to other manual cars.
The takeoffs took a bit of getting used to, since it seems to tip the throttle in while you let out the clutch, but then you still need to feather in the throttle otherwise you don't have enough to sustain the initial push. It's like a slightly delayed action between the left and right foot compared to older manuals that don't have this feature.

OP
OP
Lakelife36

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Unfortunately with me being in Canada the FoMoCo account here is unable to help in the end, and anything from the rest of the community will be appreciated. Has anybody experienced the same thing as I'm describing?

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately with me being in Canada the FoMoCo account here is unable to help in the end, and anything from the rest of the community will be appreciated. Has anybody experienced the same thing as I'm describing?
I’ve noticed my Bronco likes to warm up (over about 110°F) before it likes to run real smooth. After putting an exhaust on it, it’s obvious the cold start is running pretty fat and high idle; it doesn’t always take off real smooth until warm.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve noticed my Bronco likes to warm up (over about 110°F) before it likes to run real smooth. After putting an exhaust on it, it’s obvious the cold start is running pretty fat and high idle; it doesn’t always take off real smooth until warm.
This. The idle rpm’s are pretty crazy when cold and acts really weird. I’ve grown used to it but still hate it.

OP
OP
Lakelife36

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've definitely been above that - more like 60C (140F). I've also noticed that it takes a long time to warm up enough for the idle to drop and smooth out.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Many fellow 7MT owners have reported this in another thread somewhere on the forum. It seems to be a throttle mapping bug when the engine isn't fully up to temp. I'm personally at 4k miles, have had it a handful of times, but am just writing it off as a quirk of the truck. Other than this minor issue, this has been an absolute joy to drive.

OP
OP
Lakelife36

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Many fellow 7MT owners have reported this in another thread somewhere on the forum. It seems to be a throttle mapping bug when the engine isn't fully up to temp. I'm personally at 4k miles, have had it a handful of times, but am just writing it off as a quirk of the truck. Other than this minor issue, this has been an absolute joy to drive.
This is great news! I'll look that up and hopefully there's an OTA update or similar in the future.

Eyates

Badlands
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands 2022
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Done. Thank you very much for your prompt attention to the matter.
Hi I have the same issue with by Ford Bronco 2022. My 20 year old son said Mom maybe you are pressing on the gas too hard or fast. I did not notice this the first 3000 miles but after that I did. It happens when I accelerate on the Highway. I drove to New York for my son’s parent weekend at his college. It dod this throughout on 95N and it was scary as it feels like it is going to cut out. It stutters or as someone said, it bucks. I would appreciate where I should take it that can fix it properly. I live in Northern Virginia. Thank you,
Sponsored