Sponsored

Hey Ford Motor Company, Mike Levine & Jim Farley thanks for not doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GO_SOONERS_TXSUX!

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Hey Ford Motor Company, Mike Levine & Jim Farley thanks for not doing anything. 1C735742-383C-4642-B739-E6BDDE541697

This probably won’t get any attention but I tried. I’m pretty ticked seeing my delivery date change once again. Build up hopes just to crush them. I know alot of you out there are in the same boat. Rant over!
Sponsored

Ken Davis

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Hey Ford Motor Company, Mike Levine & Jim Farley thanks for not doing anything. 1C735742-383C-4642-B739-E6BDDE541697

This probably won’t get any attention but I tried. I’m pretty ticked seeing my delivery date change once again. Build up hopes just to crush them. I know alot of you out there are in the same boat. Rant over!
Try being a day 2 (7/14/2020) reservation holder for a 2 door WildTrak and still not even built yet!

BPMANAZ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep...7/14/20 reservation holder for a 4 door WildTrak and I have a better chance of finding the Knights Templar treasure buried beneath my backyard grill than I do of ever seeing a build date for this frigging truck!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Snow mountain because of chips...
Not really Ford's fault 🤷

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s all Ford’s fault there is a chip shortage worldwide. There’s nobody else to blame but Ford. Everybody should picket in front of their HQ until they make more chips. It’s not like other companies make the chips or anything.

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Today is Groundhog Day. Every day is Groundhog Day for Ford!

Wildtrak2020

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Same thing happened to me, and a bunch of other folks on the 1/17 build week thread. Beyond pissed.

OP
OP
GO_SOONERS_TXSUX!

GO_SOONERS_TXSUX!

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep...7/14/20 reservation holder for a 4 door WildTrak and I have a better chance of finding the Knights Templar treasure buried beneath my backyard grill than I do of ever seeing a build date for this frigging truck!
At this point, we should buy Jeeps and go find the Knights Templar together. Lol!

Sponsored

Ken Davis

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like when some people defend Ford by saying that the chip shortage isn't their fault, and it truly isn't, but it is Fords fault when they continue to build dealer stock Broncos, which still requires chips over reservation holders Broncos!

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

honestly I don't think the bronco is a priority for ford. i see it as a lean experiment testing build to order. one with many fail-fast lessons learned on reservations, pricing, communication, how to navigate it given existing franchise dealer agreements, dealing with shortages, etc.

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How is that not Ford's fault? When I bake a cake I make sure I have all the ingredients....when I don't have all the ingredients I atleast tell my guests they not getting cake, not make a shitty 98% done cake and stick it in the fridge for months and not acknowledge it.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How is that not Ford's fault? When I bake a cake I make sure I have all the ingredients....when I don't have all the ingredients I atleast tell my guests they not getting cake, not make a shitty 98% done cake and stick it in the fridge for months and not acknowledge it.
I totally agree. Communication is key. I also place responsibility on Ford for their suppliers.

Take your cake business as an example. Say you decide to optimize production by requiring every cake to have sprinkles. You build a rigid workflow around that. To save some costs, you choose a single supplier for your sprinkles. When that supplier has problems and you can't deliver cakes, that is your fault. You made risk/reward choices along the way that screwed you and your customer.

Oh and suppose you didn't just do this for sprinkles. You made the same decision about 200 ingredients, knowing two years ago that there were problems globally. Now the odds of one of those suppliers having issues isn't such a long shot.

But hey, at least some lucky cake lovers will get one or two, and some will pay more than you advertised, which you'll get to brag about as CEO on earnings calls.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.