Sponsored

Hey Ford Motor Company, Mike Levine & Jim Farley thanks for not doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msitayem

Black Diamond
First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Snow mountain because of chips...
Not really Ford's fault 🤷
It’s all Ford’s fault there is a chip shortage worldwide. There’s nobody else to blame but Ford. Everybody should picket in front of their HQ until they make more chips. It’s not like other companies make the chips or anything.
Nobody's blaming ford for the global chip shortage. The issue is the lack of communication, and the fact that some people are getting estimated delivery dates for a 2021 model year vehicle 5 months into 2022. All while 2022s are being built and delivered.
Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

1C735742-383C-4642-B739-E6BDDE541697.jpeg

This probably won’t get any attention but I tried. I’m pretty ticked seeing my delivery date change once again. Build up hopes just to crush them. I know alot of you out there are in the same boat. Rant over!
Stock is up 400% -they must be doing something right. Try buying any "popular" car or chicken wings right now and let us know how it goes. Do you actually think Ford does not want to deliver ALL cars they can build ASAP? Have you see the price of short ribs?

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I totally agree. Communication is key. I also place responsibility on Ford for their suppliers.

Take your cake business as an example. Say you decide to optimize production by requiring every cake to have sprinkles. You build a rigid workflow around that. To save some costs, you choose a single supplier for your sprinkles. When that supplier has problems and you can't deliver cakes, that is your fault. You made risk/reward choices along the way that screwed you and your customer.

Oh and suppose you didn't just do this for sprinkles. You made the same decision about 200 ingredients, knowing two years ago that there were problems globally. Now the odds of one of those suppliers having issues isn't such a long shot.

But hey, at least some lucky cake lovers will get one or two, and some will pay more than you advertised, which you'll get to brag about as CEO on earnings calls.
Say all of the other cake bakers made the same decisions in order to stay competitive in the cake making business. Now say there are no cakes to be had.

If you are saying that Jeep (substitute the brand of cake you have in mind here) has cakes because they were foresighted enough to engage diverse suppliers at all levels, then they have the cakes and will reap the rewards of being foresighted cake bakers. Most of the people on this form don't like the way Jeeps taste - and so we wait until another batch of cakes comes out of Ford's oven...

aFordOwner

Raptor
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Status