Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company The pic below is a screen grab from my FB feed. My Bronco and every soft top I have seen has these two horizontal wrinkles on the rear window panels. I have a jeep Wrangler and my windows are nice and flat as they should be.
this is a deficiency from your supplier, it never should have made it past quality control and should be corrected with redesigned replacement windows to be sent to everyone who has a soft top.

for all of you who do have a soft top. Please Post a pic of your wrinkled windows so we can send @Ford Motor Company a message.

the 2nd pic of the blue bronco is mine.

Ford Bronco Hey Ford Replace My Soft Top Side windows 1638969461479

Ford Bronco Hey Ford Replace My Soft Top Side windows 1638969511478
Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My understanding is some flex is needed here to allow the rear section flexibility to be propped upwards. Maybe they allowed a little extra flex here to reduce stress over time. I agree it it's unattractive but seems to be there for a reason. If you note the hard rear section of glass on the Bestop option it looks great, and is solid but it does not prop upwards.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company The pic below is a screen grab from my FB feed. My Bronco and every soft top I have seen has these two horizontal wrinkles on the rear window panels. I have a jeep Wrangler and my windows are nice and flat as they should be.
this is a deficiency from your supplier, it never should have made it past quality control and should be corrected with redesigned replacement windows to be sent to everyone who has a soft top.

for all of you who do have a soft top. Please Post a pic of your wrinkled windows so we can send @Ford Motor Company a message.

Ford has +25,000 pictures of the wavy windows. They took a picture of each Bronco coming off the assembly line at MAP

The rear windows on my soft top, like all soft top rear windows look like bacon and it’s terrible!!

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is been documented and all over this forum the wrinkle in the windows are by design...

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The windows should be completely flat....hopefully someone offers aftermarket windows with thicker plastic like BesTop uses. Until then, a couple of 10-12 gauge butt connectors in the webbing of each clip tightens them up enough to look decent. I had seen this and did it first day.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to be a dick - but you've been a member here for nearly a year, and you purposely selected the soft top, and you believe this is news? This has been known since the beginning. Ford's not going to do jack shit about it, and it's part of the design. Even their renderings show the wrinkles.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford has +25,000 pictures of the wavy windows. They took a picture of each Bronco coming off the assembly line at MAP

The rear windows on my soft top, like all soft top rear windows look like bacon and it’s terrible!!
It’s the trade off to be able to prop up the rear section.

Broncoder

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for posting this. Haven't gotten mine yet, but it was one of the biggest turn-offs for me when I was considering my top options. Every pic the have of soft tops on their site look like they "should" (see below), yet every soft top I've seen in person and seen pictures of on dealer websites has the horizontal wrinkles in it. I'm wondering what the long-term effects of the wrinkles will be. Will they worsen/crack/etc.? Haven't looked into the warranty coverage for the top yet. I did end up ordering one with a soft top to expedite my build, and I'm geeked to get it, but this has been a concern of mine as well.

Ford Bronco Hey Ford Replace My Soft Top Side windows 1638970887683

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The windows should be completely flat....hopefully someone offers aftermarket windows with thicker plastic like BesTop uses. Until then, a couple of 10-12 gauge butt connectors in the webbing of each clip tightens them up enough to look decent. I had seen this and did it first day.

Thats an interesting idea. I have no idea what a "butt" connector is. Do you have any pictures of them or links to them?

DividedSky

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I like this improvement to the window sag. Can you post any additional photos on how you did this with the butt connectors or a link if there is another thread? I tried search funtion without success.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats an interesting idea. I have no idea what a "butt" connector is. Do you have any pictures of them or links to them?
Ford Bronco Hey Ford Replace My Soft Top Side windows 1638971456679

I didn't really know what they were talking about either, but I did have some of these in my electrical kit from prior vehicle mods. You take these and stick them in between the double webbing near the clips, and it tightens it. The pressure keeps them in. You'll see when you undo a clip where they fit. They are perfect in length.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Hey Ford Replace My Soft Top Side windows 1638971456679

I didn't really know what they were talking about either, but I did have some of these in my electrical kit from prior vehicle mods. You take these and stick them in between the double webbing near the clips, and it tightens it. The pressure keeps them in. You'll see when you undo a clip where they fit. They are perfect in length.
Sweet. Thanks! Does it interfered with popping the rear up?

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is why Ford doesnt take us seriously most of the time they are tagged. Pay attention, OP, this has already been discussed and is exactly how Ford intended it to be.

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

you did this already? Any chance you can share some pictures or a video of how you did it?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.