First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey Siri, Start my Bronco... but first you have to push in the clutch!
Sponsored

OP
OP
GrumpyVet

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Siri, Start my Bronco... but first you have to push in the clutch!
Ya unfortunately the remote start wont work for manuals, one of the reasons I choose auto but hey you get to have more fun rowing gears.

Something that might be useful though - I setup the zone lighting to work off back tap. Triple tap turns on zone lighting and double tap turns them off.

Last edited:

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wonder how many in this thread are allowing vehicle info sharing with ford via connectivity settings 🤔

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once Alexa and the "Skill" Ford Pass is connected all I have to do is say "Alexa ask Ford pass to start my car with PIN %%%%" from anywhere in the house or to my phone.

Ford Bronco "Hey Siri, Start Bronco" -- How to set Siri shortcuts for FordPass App controls / functions EDB043EB-0E9E-4A35-A2BF-AD09AD4FD6B7

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP
OP
GrumpyVet

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once Alexa and the "Skill" Ford Pass is connected all I have to do is say "Alexa ask Ford pass to start my car with PIN %%%%" from anywhere in the house or to my phone.

Ford Bronco "Hey Siri, Start Bronco" -- How to set Siri shortcuts for FordPass App controls / functions EDB043EB-0E9E-4A35-A2BF-AD09AD4FD6B7
The requirement to speak those specific commands is the reason I will not be using Alexa. With Siri you can customize the command to anything you want.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be careful, there have been reports of Ford blocking account access if you use this. I believe Homebridge uses the same technique to connect to Fordpass
Can you share a link to the actual reports? You've just linked a GitHub repo, and no reports.

OP
OP
GrumpyVet

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you share a link to the actual reports? You've just linked a GitHub repo, and no reports.
The complaints are from users who were using the widget which allowed you to view vehicle status on your home screen the api used would continuously hit the FordPass servers so Ford’s security team disabled several accounts. The Shortcuts I shared is completely different than that widget which was posted in the forums.

Sponsored

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The complaints are from users who were using the widget which allowed you to view vehicle status on your home screen the api used would continuously hit the FordPass servers so Ford’s security team disabled several accounts. The Shortcuts I shared is completely different than that widget which was posted in the forums.
Ah I didn’t catch that. I thought it was for using FordPass features outside of the actual FordPass app. I set up Homebridge then disabled the plug-in when I read some reports. Might try it again!

diablo0813

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The requirement to speak those specific commands is the reason I will not be using Alexa. With Siri you can customize the command to anything you want.
And after using the Alexa version today, I can say (unless I'm doing something wrong) that needing to open the Alexa app first [Edit: This is from the phone of course.] to THEN speak the command is no different than just opening the Ford Pass app in the first place.

So I think I'll try the Apple Shortcuts version next.

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I got the token, and the shortcuts installed. I was able to get the car to tell me the mileage and whether or not it’s locked or not and a few others. The one I really want doesn’t work. For some reason it won’t send the start command?? Troubleshooting steps?

OP
OP
GrumpyVet

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I got the token, and the shortcuts installed. I was able to get the car to tell me the mileage and whether or not it’s locked or not and a few others. The one I really want doesn’t work. For some reason it won’t send the start command?? Troubleshooting steps?
I'd say delete it and re-add before anything.

The other day I had pushed one of the Ford updates that required me to initiate from within the truck then exit and secure the Bronco and after it competed, my remote start didn't work until I started it from within again but has worked ever since. Also, I hear you cannot do more than 2 remote starts in a row.

If neither of these relate and the delete didn't work, I would delete all of the Shortcuts then re-install the first required 3 ensuring you run through each as you install before re-adding the Shortcuts you want.
Sponsored