First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford e350 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can always set up Siri’s to ask a Alexa to ask FordPass to start your bronco pin 1234. I have alexa start my car when my coffee starts brewing and I don’t have to tell it a pin. It will also close my garage when I get to my mailbox as well as open it. I never did get alexa to work In The bronco other than the first day I activated it even then felt it was a waste unless you listen to Amazon music only. Between shortcuts and soda and Alexa routines you can do almost anything and yes you can do it from your Apple Watch or android

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And after using the Alexa version today, I can say (unless I'm doing something wrong) that needing to open the Alexa app first [Edit: This is from the phone of course.] to THEN speak the command is no different than just opening the Ford Pass app in the first place.

So I think I'll try the Apple Shortcuts version next.
Do you not have an Alexa device in your home? I can see how if you had to open the Alexa App that that would be painful. Since my wife and I have multiple Alexa devices throughout the home, I don't have to open the App first. I can just be in a room with an Alexa (which is most of our rooms) and give the command.

(And, yes, we understand Amazon is constantly listening through our devices. Frankly, we don't care. We don't say anything useful, and we both work for large manufacturers that utilize addressable marketing, so I actually enjoy the addressable media that we get ad served. And, if the gub'ment wants to listen too, yeap, could care less again. I'd be flattered if they think we're cool or important enough to get... Bond... James, Bond...)

SpringBreak98

Black Diamond
First Name
Cade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sweet, got my Ford Pass to crank it up with "Hey Google, ask Ford Pass to start my Bronco" 👍

diablo0813

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you not have an Alexa device in your home? I can see how if you had to open the Alexa App that that would be painful. Since my wife and I have multiple Alexa devices throughout the home, I don't have to open the App first. I can just be in a room with an Alexa (which is most of our rooms) and give the command.

(And, yes, we understand Amazon is constantly listening through our devices. Frankly, we don't care. We don't say anything useful, and we both work for large manufacturers that utilize addressable marketing, so I actually enjoy the addressable media that we get ad served. And, if the gub'ment wants to listen too, yeap, could care less again. I'd be flattered if they think we're cool or important enough to get... Bond... James, Bond...)
I do have a few Alexa devices in the home and I do use them to start the Bronco. However, the “problem” is when I’m at work. I’ve just resorted to using the Ford Pass app. As an aside; needing to speak out loud the PIN when in a public area (work place) is so at odds with everything we’re taught about protecting your personal data. There really should be an option to input that PIN on the screen.

Sponsored

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do have a few Alexa devices in the home and I do use them to start the Bronco. However, the “problem” is when I’m at work. I’ve just resorted to using the Ford Pass app. As an aside; needing to speak out loud the PIN when in a public area (work place) is so at odds with everything we’re taught about protecting your personal data. There really should be an option to input that PIN on the screen.
Fair point.

I am fortunate that I have worked from home for about a decade now (long before COVID). I had not considered the office piece of the equation.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No I don't. Nor will I ever.

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And after using the Alexa version today, I can say (unless I'm doing something wrong) that needing to open the Alexa app first [Edit: This is from the phone of course.] to THEN speak the command is no different than just opening the Ford Pass app in the first place.

So I think I'll try the Apple Shortcuts version next.
We’re you able to get remote start to work with Siri? I looked at the YouTube video linked in the OP and in the description it says that his video is outdated and doesn’t work now because ford has locked down the ability to use API.

OP
OP
GrumpyVet

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We’re you able to get remote start to work with Siri? I looked at the YouTube video linked in the OP and in the description it says that his video is outdated and doesn’t work now because ford has locked down the ability to use API.
All shortcuts have been working flawlessly for me.

zone23

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've used this for years now originally used it on my F-150 now on my Bronco. I just tell my watch to start my car its nice.

Sponsored

Njchris1968

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford e350 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I used a shortcut that fires an Alexa routine that tells ford pass start the car code 1 2 3 4 use the space otherwise it sometimes will read it to fast. Been working for 2 years and no worries of getting blocked by ford for API I know I was blocked.

jhofmann

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m new to this forum but I’m the original creator of the Shortcuts everyone’s been using for their Ford vehicles. I noticed some people were getting errors running some of these shortcuts on other cars so I updated my post with new shortcut links that include some updates and fixes to make them more reliable.

If you’re having issues and want to update your shortcuts, simply delete the ones you already have and redownload them from the link below.

If you have any issues, let me know and I can try to help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrumpyVet

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m new to this forum but I’m the original creator of the Shortcuts everyone’s been using for their Ford vehicles. I noticed some people were getting errors running some of these shortcuts on other cars so I updated my post with new shortcut links that include some updates and fixes to make them more reliable.

If you’re having issues and want to update your shortcuts, simply delete the ones you already have and redownload them from the link below.

If you have any issues, let me know and I can try to help.

Welcome to the forum and great work on the shortcuts. I just picked up a 2023 F-150. Is it possible to have the shortcuts run multiple vehicles from one phone and how would I go about adding the second without breaking what I already have setup.

OP
OP
GrumpyVet

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: Just answered my own question above. I duplicated the FordPass api changed the vin to the truck and renamed it then added a new shortcut for the truck to start and directed it to the new vin. Now both Bronco and F-150 are working. Will need to add the Explorer in next.

augidog34

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

thanks for this! I dove in further and found a Reddit that enabled “hey Siri” use with only MyQ and WITHOUT needing home assistant or home bridge (I had been planning on buying a Hoobs box). And of course without the discontinued Chamberlain HomeKit bridge.
1. download LiveKey app
2. Create an account and log in
3. In LiveKey, log in to MyQ to add the garage door to LiveKey
4. Tap “garage door” and then “shortcuts/Siri” and it’ll give you the remaining steps to add open, close, and status to your Hey Siri arsenal. Woot!

It’s a little clunky in that the Siri responses aren’t as polished as those FordPass shortcuts, but it gets the job done and ill try to play around and make it better by reviewing the FordPass shortcut details and trying to apply them to the MyQ shortcuts.
Thank you for posting this! The MyQ app keeps advertising to me that Tesla's allow you to open the MyQ garage door on their display, which is super annoying since the CarPlay could easily display a MyQ button. Until that day, I can press the Siri button and ask it to open like Michael Keaton's Batman. Supreme cool dad-ness.
Sponsored