Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi I’m new to the forum and i am so close to getting my race red 2dr obx Sasquatch with high package. I got a vin and scheduled production date originally 12/12 and it is now in production as of 1/10/23. I called and asked why there’s no movement they say it’s waiting on a chip hold. They don’t give much more info than that but my eta is supposedly Feb 3rd. We shall see…
Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi I’m new to the forum and i am so close to getting my race red 2dr obx Sasquatch with high package. I got a vin and scheduled production date originally 12/12 and it is now in production as of 1/10/23. I called and asked why there’s no movement they say it’s waiting on a chip hold. They don’t give much more info than that but my eta is supposedly Feb 3rd. We shall see…
Welcome to the jungle Debra.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Please... as cute as she is, I vote they move her build up!!!

Welcome to the madness and good luck with the BRONCO ;)

Team 2 Door = Purpose Built and Badass... 🤞🤞:cool:

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just be patient. The whole process is a pain in the a** but you‘ll be happy when you get it. Then go have some fun!

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Welcome, and best of luck! May your hold be short and your patience long 🍻

Kevin1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Explorer, 67 Mustang, Mercury Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello Debra, and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your Bronco being in production! You are going to love it! I waited over two years for my 2-door Sasquatch build, and would do it all over again! These are really unique and fun to drive! They are worth waiting on!

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi Debbie, welcome to Broncoholics Anonymous…

OP
OP
Deb68nc

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello Debra, and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your Bronco being in production! You are going to love it! I waited over two years for my 2-door Sasquatch build, and would do it all over again! These are really unique and fun to drive! They are worth waiting on!
I’m so excited! It’s been a year and three months for me waiting and i really didn’t expect to get a vin so soon but now I’m so ready as the carrot is dangled in front of me to finally believe it’s actually happening. But now I’m reading all these posts that it still could take a long time because if chip delays. I wish i didn’t get any word at all being built UNTIL it is officially built and ready to be shipped. This agony is worse than not knowing anything at all…

Kevin1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Explorer, 67 Mustang, Mercury Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m so excited! It’s been a year and three months for me waiting and i really didn’t expect to get a vin so soon but now I’m so ready as the carrot is dangled in front of me to finally believe it’s actually happening. But now I’m reading all these posts that it still could take a long time because if chip delays. I wish i didn’t get any word at all being built UNTIL it is officially built and ready to be shipped. This agony is worse than not knowing anything at all…
Believe me, I know exactly how you feel! The emotional ups and downs are agony! Looking back on it now, I can honestly tell you that this vehicle is absolutely worth the wait! I love everything about my Bronco and realize that some things in life are worth waiting on! I hope you enjoy your Bronco as much as I do!

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Welcome Debbie from a fellow 2dr owner from Cary.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello from the Charlotte area myself :)

The chip hold thing... yeah. A lot of vehicles are waiting on microchips for various components. At least some chips are flowing in. Its not back to normal by any means, but if you got the scheduled email, then yours is on-deck to be built as Ford projects they will have the parts to build it.

I will note there is a chance you will get rescheduled. Its not happening as much now as it did when mine was built in 2021, but even then, it usually gets rescheduled to within a week or two of the original scheduled week in most cases.

The worst part will be waiting on delivery to your dealer after it's built. It will ship by train to the railyard which is slow, then an OTR last-mile delivery to the dealership. A lot of variables come into play here so it could take all of 6 weeks to get to you after it's built, but I would make sure you are ready the week after its built in case it arrives fast, but not be upset if it takes the remaining 5 weeks. Sometimes they are on the ball and they show up fast. My Bronco (albeit before the chip hold mess) was built the week of October 10th and I took delivery on October 24th. The distance from the railyard to my dealership is about the same as it is from the railyard to Capitol Ford in Raleigh.
Sponsored