Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Best lifting points and mounts for the hilift are on the garage wall or tucked away in storage? In 10yrs of wheeling everything from FL-CO-UT-AZ Ive never found the need to use or witness anyone in my group using a hilift on our jeeps or 4runners even with all the various trail repairs. But to each their own.
Kinda. I have freed myself from high center on rocks and ruts many times. I feel the handyman (aka HiLift) jack is the most useful unstuck too there is, even with a winch, I feel it's more useful, at least in a high center situation.

That said, they are not for everyone and one must always use extreme caution, and I never use one to change a tire. Rule one: Treat it as if The vehicle WILL fall off , the question is when and in what direction, always expect the vehicle to fall off.

Second, few modern vehicles take a handyman very well. The tire hooks mentioned can be helpful. Even the Mod bumper or steel rear on the Bronco may not be great without causing damage. The best points may be the tow hooks (using the aforementioned tire hook device) or the receiver hitch (stick the jack into the receiver hole) or build your own frame mounted jack points.

Oh and you said "...in my group...", but when by yourself they can be a lifesaver or life taker if not used properly.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

For those of us older than dirt, these were the only jacks that came with vehicles. Fit right into a little notch in the bumpers when the bumpers were actually bumpers. As someone pointed out earlier, they are also very useful for pulling fence posts when you don’t have a bobcat handy.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi lift sells an attachment that allows you to safely lift off the tube steps on most aftermarket sliders. It also doubles well on d-rings which would help on the modular front bumper. No idea how you would lift in the rear without going aftermarket bumper.

https://www.amazon.com/Lotus-Development-Slider-Adapter-Locking/dp/B00F4HX9FW

Actually in searching for the above link, I came across this that uses the d-ring mount for a very secure mount point.

https://jeepsneeds.com/products/d-lift-adaptor-hi-lift

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For those of us older than dirt, these were the only jacks that came with vehicles. Fit right into a little notch in the bumpers when the bumpers were actually bumpers. As someone pointed out earlier, they are also very useful for pulling fence posts when you don’t have a bobcat handy.
With the right kit they can be used as a come along as well.

And in a pinch, a lower link on a 4 link suspension for an 80s Land Cruiser. ? Yes, I watched this happen in Moab a few years ago.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Get the reciever and put a clevis in it great way to lift rear.
I dont have enough fingers and toes to count how many times a farm jack saved me,once the handle was used to straighten a tie rod lol.
Yeah, but would you have enough fingers and toes if they were all still there? ;) JK

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kinda. I have freed myself from high center on rocks and ruts many times. I feel the handyman (aka HiLift) jack is the most useful unstuck too there is, even with a winch, I feel it's more useful, at least in a high center situation.

That said, they are not for everyone and one must always use extreme caution, and I never use one to change a tire. Rule one: Treat it as if The vehicle WILL fall off , the question is when and in what direction, always expect the vehicle to fall off.

Second, few modern vehicles take a handyman very well. The tire hooks mentioned can be helpful. Even the Mod bumper or steel rear on the Bronco may not be great without causing damage. The best points may be the tow hooks (using the aforementioned tire hook device) or the receiver hitch (stick the jack into the receiver hole) or build your own frame mounted jack points.

Oh and you said "...in my group...", but when by yourself they can be a lifesaver or life taker if not used properly.
Last 2yrs have mainly been solo with just the wife. Never high centered my giant lifted truck or wife’s GC trailhawk and have wheeled both on some gnarly, difficult rated & sketchy trails. My built wrangler sits in the garage bc the other 2 vehicles havent let me down yet. Truck not practical for wheeling but I also tow the offroad camper to very isolated places up rocky terrain and need the extra ground clearance in tow vehicle.

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last 2yrs have mainly been solo with just the wife. Never high centered my giant lifted truck or wife’s GC trailhawk and have wheeled both on some gnarly, difficult rated & sketchy trails. My built wrangler sits in the garage bc the other 2 vehicles havent let me down yet. Truck not practical for wheeling but I also tow the offroad camper to very isolated places up rocky terrain and need the extra ground clearance in tow vehicle.
What do you have in case you need to lift your vehicles?

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are a lot more places on a Bronco to jack with a bottle jack. And they store so much smaller. Have you looked into one of those?

IMG_9409.jpg

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does look like the rock rails are too close to the body.

There is a hi-lift accessory that lets you lift from the rim of a tire. Very useful if you're stuck but not so useful if you need to change the tire.
Should always use a jack stand changing tires never trust a jack ;) But yes the lift mate is great, especially if you just need to raise a tire to stack material under for traction.

Midlife Crisis

Badlands
First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing my 86 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would go with a wheel adapter if it's not to change tires, i would not trust the slider or bumpers
Ford Bronco Hi-lift jack points? 2013-04-19
Once can actually change a wheel with the method in the above photo. Simply lift like above, place jack stand under vehicle, lower farm jack, change wheel, re-lift, remove jack stand, lower jack, vroom!
Sponsored