Helper2022

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anybody know of a hidden winch manufacturer that fits the 2.7? I'm thinking of ordering a 2.7 Badlands 2 door next year with the 2.7 and I'm trying to get all the mods that I want to do mapped ahead of time. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

ObsidianTheBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If my memory serves me right, there aren't any hidden winch options available for the 2.7 currently. Rough Country recently released a hidden winch mount for 2.3 and has said they are researching making one for the 2.7. Given the timeline of Bronco production, if you haven't ordered one yet, I'm fairly certain by the time you get yours delivered, there will be an option for your needs somewhere.

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm waiting as well. Problem is the 2.3 is an inline 4, the V shape of the 2.7 is in the way of where the winch goes in the 2.3 hidden winch pack, so there's a bit more engineering involved with it. I did see one before that was kind of hidden, but you had to move the control module on top of the winch to another location, which I'm fine with. Wanting something similar on my 2.7. I'll post again if I find the one I'm referring to.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm waiting as well. Problem is the 2.3 is an inline 4, the V shape of the 2.7 is in the way of where the winch goes in the 2.3 hidden winch pack, so there's a bit more engineering involved with it. I did see one before that was kind of hidden, but you had to move the control module on top of the winch to another location, which I'm fine with. Wanting something similar on my 2.7. I'll post again if I find the one I'm referring to.
Just to clarify, it has nothing directly to do with engine architecture and most everything to do with the transmission cooler that is mounted where the winch would sit in the hidden winch setup. A relocation of that cooler is really the only thing holding up someone from installing a winch there.

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just to clarify, it has nothing directly to do with engine architecture and most everything to do with the transmission cooler that is mounted where the winch would sit in the hidden winch setup. A relocation of that cooler is really the only thing holding up someone from installing a winch there.
Vitally important to note, suddenly I don't care anymore.

Sponsored

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anybody know of a hidden winch manufacturer that fits the 2.7? I'm thinking of ordering a 2.7 Badlands 2 door next year with the 2.7 and I'm trying to get all the mods that I want to do mapped ahead of time. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Not exactly the "Hidden" bumper the 2.3 folks get but it's something. If you don't mind the underbite the bronco will have after.

LOD-BFB2103-00 LoD Offroad Black Ops Full-Width Bull Bar Front Winch Bumper | RealTruck

If you get a Warn you can get the relocation kit to help stealthafy it some.
Control Pack Relocation Kit for ZEON Winches, 31" - 89970 | WARN Industries

Again not exactly hidden.

OP
OP

Helper2022

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve heard that elsewhere on the forums. I think I saw someone state that the transmission cooler didn’t have to be in where it is from the factory. The problem with moving it though is that there is no where else to put it.

OP
OP

Helper2022

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not exactly the "Hidden" bumper the 2.3 folks get but it's something. If you don't mind the underbite the bronco will have after.

LOD-BFB2103-00 LoD Offroad Black Ops Full-Width Bull Bar Front Winch Bumper | RealTruck

If you get a Warn you can get the relocation kit to help stealthafy it some.
Control Pack Relocation Kit for ZEON Winches, 31" - 89970 | WARN Industries

Again not exactly hidden.
I can see why people would want the Black Ops one, but it’s just not my cup of tea. I think I’ll wait until RC has one for the 2.7. Thanks though!

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve heard that elsewhere on the forums. I think I saw someone state that the transmission cooler didn’t have to be in where it is from the factory. The problem with moving it though is that there is no where else to put it.
Agreed there is definitely very limited space. Though looking at pictures of Mishimoto’s progress on an intercooler for the Bronco I have been curious if it will be possible to just flip the cooler up and under the radiator more. Seems like it would work in theory but I haven’t really been messing about in the lower sections of Broncos in a while.

3E2783BC-0224-49B8-A95A-464DA9B32C2E.jpeg

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I understand the Mishimoto thread correctly all the structure for the grille, shutters, top of the intercooler, etc. is all over in that area and when they moved the cooler to that position, they also needed to fab up structure to reattach the grille and the shutters they do not reuse.

I believe this is the best setup for a proper "hidden" winch. Tucked right between the frame rails and not sticking way out on the bumper as to not interfere with the intercooler.

Piece of plate from frame to frame and bolt the winch to it. Will work like a dream and not destroy your approach angle.

Sponsored

Prkelly

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UrsulaEdwards

Base
First Name
Ursula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco™ Outer Banks™
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fj Cruiser owner's manual states that the 2.7L engine alone, without the towing package, can only tow up to a maximum of 1600 pounds. A Class 1 (1/4 ton) receiver hitch that is rated at 2000 lbs out of the box is available from a few companies (e.g. Torklift, Draw-Tite, Curt, Hidden Hitch) to which other brands of winches can be added. A Reese Towpower 18K (Part Number: 855131) equipped with the Reese Towpower winch mounting kit (Part Number: 570812) can be added to a Draw-Tite Class 1 (1/4 ton) receiver hitch and the total will weigh less than 200 lbs and also be rated at 2000 lbs.

RichardB

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw they have one available for the 2.7 now. My question is as I'm watching the videos it shows you have to cut off a couple brackets on the front of the frame. Nobody seems to know what these brackets are for and why they are there in the first place. Anybody on here know what the purpose of the brackets that require eliminating is. Love the look...don't love the idea if cutting frame right off the bat on a brand new bronco.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

hozer