Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, your right. The 33" Badland has both bars. There was one at MAP that Legend saw that only had one but every other one he has seen and we have seen since has both bars. Thats why I know for sure we can fit 33s on BB/BD without any problems right out the gate. We have not seen any pics of Sas package having both of the bars, they have always been missing, or (if I remember correctly in one photo) had the fronts still in.
I swear that I've seen pics of Sasquatches with them installed. They were shorter than the others. I don't care enough to look though. :cool:
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I swear that I've seen pics of Sasquatches with them installed. They were shorter than the others. I don't care enough to look though. :cool:
Maybe there are some modified stubbies, totally probable. we will have to wait and see.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Searched and found this topic to resurrect. Has anyone found high clearance bars yet? Found a post the Ranger Ready Lift front bars didn't fit, rear did fit. Only option is the 4WP Level kit that comes with bars, I don't want the lift parts of the kits. Thanks!

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you are curious about why you need the crash bar, watch this IIHS video from 2015: IIHS video featuring 2015 F150 and competing full size trucks
TL : DR you will have debilitating leg injuries or death in an offset impact crash from wheel intrusion into the footwell and dash structure.
Still better than what i'm likely to endure....

But yes, the crash bars are for a reason and it's not just so Ford breaks it's personal promises to you and your local Discount Tire in limiting what tires you can run.

On the topic of the high-clearance crash bars: There are aftermarket solutions available now (search for Ranger products as well), but none of them will have been crash tested so it's not fully known how well they function. Something is better than nothing, however!

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you are curious about why you need the crash bar, watch this IIHS video from 2015: IIHS video featuring 2015 F150 and competing full size trucks
TL : DR you will have debilitating leg injuries or death in an offset impact crash from wheel intrusion into the footwell and dash structure.
Really, there is no chance that you won't experience debilitating leg injuries or death in an offset impact crash from wheel intrusion into the footwell and dash structure?

What if I am a double leg amputee? I would argue that not every intrusion is the same nor is every occupant the same.

A more accurate statement (and a little less hysterical) would be, "There is an increased possibility of debilitating leg injuries or death in an offset impact crash from wheel intrusion into the footwell and dash structure."

People are really making too big of a deal about these "crash bars", which while certainly not a bad idea, don't take a Bronco from 5 star crash ratings to unsafe at any speed!

Who wants to go for a ride in a Corvair?!? ;)

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, as an engineer in the orthopedic area of medicine and recently involved in trauma products for legs, I may have mis-stated the risks a skosh, but what price your mobility? Ask someone what they'd give to have their below knee limbs back, say, a modified crash bar setup for $150? Seems utterly stupid to leave them off when there is an affordable solution offered...

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, as an engineer in the orthopedic area of medicine and recently involved in trauma products for legs, I may have mis-stated the risks a skosh, but what price your mobility? Ask someone what they'd give to have their below knee limbs back, say, a modified crash bar setup for $150? Seems utterly stupid to leave them off when there is an affordable solution offered...
I agree, with an affordable solution, why wouldn't you retain it?

That makes complete sense. Having been run over by a car while on a motorcycle, I understand how little fun it is to have a fractured tibia and the installation of the tibial rod was even less fun than the initial injury.

Lexx

Big Bend
First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OK you guys have me totally confused. If these crash bars are an important safety item, especially in an offset accident, then why does Ford itself eliminate the crash bars on the BL Sasquatch? Doesn't the manufacturer have to comply with all safety standards across all its trim levels?

I also wonder what effect some of those heavy duty off road bumpers have? ARB for instance, claims their bumpers have been designed to be "air bag compatible", whatever that means. Some of these bumpers even have heavy cross member reinforcements other than just being plate steel.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK you guys have me totally confused. If these crash bars are an important safety item, especially in an offset accident, then why does Ford itself eliminate the crash bars on the BL Sasquatch? Doesn't the manufacturer have to comply with all safety standards across all its trim levels?

I also wonder what effect some of those heavy duty off road bumpers have? ARB for instance, claims their bumpers have been designed to be "air bag compatible", whatever that means. Some of these bumpers even have heavy cross member reinforcements other than just being plate steel.

Yes, of course they have to comply with safety standards, but the larger tires could obviously change crash dynamics or the crash bars could be above and beyond what a standard requires. There are many reasons why this could change. All that "air bag compatible" means is that the normal function of the air bags are not compromised when then sensors are either triggered by instantaneous G-forces or collapse of crush zones (That's my laypersons opinion - I am not an engineer by trade).