Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for posting - I too am working toward a less comprehensive Raptor 7 speaker system. So far I swapped for Audiofrog GS42s in all four corners, and I am now considering installing the G60S woofer and crossover in the kick panels and a Kicker Key200.4 for the six speakers.

The question I have for you is why the amp in the back instead of under the dash?
Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice job. I have ordered the Lux package, so I'll try to make the most of the B&O for the front stage. The Audiofrog GS42s are nice options for the L/R dash. My chief concern is whether the B&O pushes enough power to overcome wind/road noise.

If I end up going for an aftermarket amp for the front, I'm liking what I see in the Axxess (Metra) A2B interface, which includes a dsp. B&O A2B/DSP Pkg w/Amp Bypass Harness To Add A Full System To Ford 2015 – Plug N Play Kits.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for posting - I too am working toward a less comprehensive Raptor 7 speaker system. So far I swapped for Audiofrog GS42s in all four corners, and I am now considering installing the G60S woofer and crossover in the kick panels and a Kicker Key200.4 for the six speakers.

The question I have for you is why the amp in the back instead of under the dash?
The Kicker Key 200.4 amp can biamp both channels for the front speakers with active crossovers at 3200 Hz. I’m thinking about the GS60 woofer and either the GS42 or GS10 in the dash. AudioFrog recommends a crossover of 3500 Hz with the GS10, so maybe the GS42 are a better call. I will also use the 60hz high pass for all once I get the sub installed. I may end up going with something a bit less expensive and still doing the active crossover. I don’t find the rear speakers particularly useful in my 2 door, so I’m not planning on wasting the amp on them.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Very nicely done Your install almost mirrors mine. I don't have the expertise or the time to attempt a DYI so mine was professionally installed (ouch) wish I could have!
Some sort of audio upgrade is requirement on these vehicles regardless of system or model if you like your music.
Put my music on a thumb drive which is a little sketchy Trying to find a particular song but it rocks as well as Sirius.

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Very nice. My install was much more basic than this, but it is still much better than the B/O.

Sponsored

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Nice job. I have ordered the Lux package, so I'll try to make the most of the B&O for the front stage. The Audiofrog GS42s are nice options for the L/R dash. My chief concern is whether the B&O pushes enough power to overcome wind/road noise.

If I end up going for an aftermarket amp for the front, I'm liking what I see in the Axxess (Metra) A2B interface, which includes a dsp. B&O A2B/DSP Pkg w/Amp Bypass Harness To Add A Full System To Ford 2015 – Plug N Play Kits.
What is this and how does it work?

Ialso have the B&O and want to upgrade the system, but without going too crazy and taking everything apart.

I know very little about the audio world though.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Very nice. My install was much more basic than this, but it is still much better than the B/O.
What did you end up doing?

Also have a raptor with B&O. Dont hate the sounds, but willing to take a saturday and get it running better.

I have horrible vibration from the woofer, so I know ill be taking out the rear trim to get some sound deadening there.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

What is this and how does it work?

Ialso have the B&O and want to upgrade the system, but without going too crazy and taking everything apart.

I know very little about the audio world though.

Also have a raptor with B&O. Dont hate the sounds, but willing to take a saturday and get it running better.

I have horrible vibration from the woofer, so I know ill be taking out the rear trim to get some sound deadening there.
What a lot of people have done is merely replace All the existing OEM speakers with aftermarket.
If I was going to go basic/ basic I would add a boss audio or wet sounds soundbar and Bluetooth it

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What a lot of people have done is merely replace All the existing OEM speakers with aftermarket.
If I was going to go basic/ basic I would add a boss audio or wet sounds soundbar and Bluetooth it
If I do that, do I need to add an amp or something though?

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Followed a guys install that’s posted here. I posted my version on that forum.
I never had any rattling beforehand.

Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From a guy that loves car audio, well done sir, very clean install and great attention to detail, no one will ever see the detail you took, but its great knowing you took your time and did it right. How much did the sound damping help? I just got my Bronco last week and looking to tear apart and start doing this when my weekends open back up from kids sports Lol

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How do you like the Stinger sub compared to others? How would you compare it to say an Audiofrog GB sub or one of the JL TW3 shallow mounts?

OP
OP
CCPK1

CCPK1

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The kicker key amp is a very small form factor, around 50w per channel to 4 channels, so it can certainly fit in the dash as others have done. If you look at the pictures of the amps in my post, you'll notice there are 2 of them and they are each a larger form factor. I can't imagine fitting either of them into the dash space. Main amp is 125W x 6, the sub amp is 800W x 1 so that is the reason for extra size and mounting in the wheel well to conceal.

I'd be curious to see any other builds where others figured out how to install larger amps and keep them completely concealed. Trying to position them, I felt like I was at the upper limit size wise, in fact early on I didn't think I could get both to fit.

One other note for you to consider. If you use the 200.4 to power 6 speakers, I think you will end up with only 25w effectively to each of your front stage speakers. (I'm assuming you mean to split channel 1-2 across those 4 front speakers via the crossovers, then channel 3-4 for the rear.) With just the one amp, my opinion is that you may get better sound just using all of it for the front 4 speakers. Good luck. Edit - I just saw @BroncoAZ already responded with similar comments.

Last edited:

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to do such an incredible writeup. Hope it is everything you wanted and more.

OP
OP
CCPK1

CCPK1

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How do you like the Stinger sub compared to others? How would you compare it to say an Audiofrog GB sub or one of the JL TW3 shallow mounts?
I probably wouldn't have sought out the Phoenix sub that is built into the box, but It sounds good and hits pretty hard for a sealed sub.

It's technically only rated for 400w rms, and I'm giving it 800 which is listed as max, so we'll see how it does, but either way I'll have the box to use for something else That said, im not one that is pushing my sub really hard all the time.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard the other subs you mention in person to say, but those are some of the models I'd check into for replacement if I have any trouble with the Phoenix in the future.
Sponsored