Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love to hear your progress. Can you elaborate on what the center channel loop back means?
Sponsored

Bagziga

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's cool. I've been looking at the Mobridge stuff (don't have Bronco yet but can always dream). Could you tell us more about how you have it set-up? It seems as though you are running a single amp? Or two? Using the TOSLINK? Thanks.
I'm happy with the Mobridge so far. I was going to get the PAC but they weren't in stock when I decided to order. It hasn't been installed for very long but I haven't had any issues or reasons to regret the purchase.

I am using the Toslink output into a Helix DSP Ultra. The DSP outputs to 3 amps - two 4 channel and one monoblock. I had to prioritize small form factor amps in order to get it all to fit comfortably and safely in the factory subwoofer location.

The speakers are Audiofrog GS42s, GB60s, and a GB25 up front. Right now my rears are just some 3" Dayton Audio drivers that I had lying around. For a subwoofer I'm using a Stereo Integrity SQL12.

I've still got some stuff to work on so it's a work in progress. This weekend I hope to get that all of the wiring tidied up and start building a new box for the subwoofer. I'd also like to try making molds of the speaker cavities and experiment with making fiberglass enclosures. That may be a bit too ambitious, though.

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm happy with the Mobridge so far. I was going to get the PAC but they weren't in stock when I decided to order. It hasn't been installed for very long but I haven't had any issues or reasons to regret the purchase.

I am using the Toslink output into a Helix DSP Ultra. The DSP outputs to 3 amps - two 4 channel and one monoblock. I had to prioritize small form factor amps in order to get it all to fit comfortably and safely in the factory subwoofer location.

The speakers are Audiofrog GS42s, GB60s, and a GB25 up front. Right now my rears are just some 3" Dayton Audio drivers that I had lying around. For a subwoofer I'm using a Stereo Integrity SQL12.

I've still got some stuff to work on so it's a work in progress. This weekend I hope to get that all of the wiring tidied up and start building a new box for the subwoofer. I'd also like to try making molds of the speaker cavities and experiment with making fiberglass enclosures. That may be a bit too ambitious, though.
Nice. Thanks for the detail Bagziga!

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you didn't have kids would you have left out the rear fill? I've heard good things about AF and might do a similar build but debating the rear fill. From the driver's seat, whenever you fade to front only vs front and rear is there a significant difference?

Bagziga

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love to hear your progress. Can you elaborate on what the center channel loop back means?
It's basically what Plug N Play offers - a harness that adapts the factory wiring harness and has bare wire leads that you connect to your amp. The speakers are then powered by the external amp but still connected using the factory wiring and harness.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CCPK1

CCPK1

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you didn't have kids would you have left out the rear fill? I've heard good things about AF and might do a similar build but debating the rear fill. From the driver's seat, whenever you fade to front only vs front and rear is there a significant difference?
For me, I think I'd have been fine leaving out the rears. The only reason I decided not to was for the kids/passengers when the top is off. I have them adjusted so they are heard as loud as possible in the rear, but not audible from the front. (So low volume overall from rear)

PG_Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great work! I am looking for something to protect my cargo panels. I have the B&O (Lux) and was thinking of putting acoustic panels back there. The main reason is because my ‘21 panels got pretty beat up, mainly from golf clubs in and out. Any ideas or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

John P.

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice job on the install! Where do you plug into the plug n play kits adapter?

OP
OP
CCPK1

CCPK1

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Nice job on the install! Where do you plug into the plug n play kits adapter?
Connections are behind the climate controls, under the screen.

SBBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just ordered replacement speakers, stinger sub, Phoenix gold amp and Lcsi 8. Want to put the amp and LC behind the plastic cargo well also. Anyone seen any custom Fab replacement for that cargo panel to make it easy for future access?

Sponsored
OP
OP
CCPK1

CCPK1

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just ordered replacement speakers, stinger sub, Phoenix gold amp and Lcsi 8. Want to put the amp and LC behind the plastic cargo well also. Anyone seen any custom Fab replacement for that cargo panel to make it easy for future access?
I have not, but it is one of the reasons I went with the DSP integrated amp from Audio Control. Permanently connecting the panel mount USB port to the DSP allows me to easily make adjustments just connecting a usb from the panel mount to a laptop rather than have to remove the full panel.

SBBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks- I’ll check that out and maybe change my order 👍🏻

pjmezz13

Black Diamond
First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have not, but it is one of the reasons I went with the DSP integrated amp from Audio Control. Permanently connecting the panel mount USB port to the DSP allows me to easily make adjustments just connecting a usb from the panel mount to a laptop rather than have to remove the full panel.
Any noise issues, turn on pop, whine etc? I ask because when I left the micro USB cable plugged in for a few weeks while I was still tuning my D-5.1300 I noticed some strange noises periodically. When I removed the cable from the amp everything stopped. I really like the way you mounted that USB port and will do something similar. Thanks for the writeup!

OP
OP
CCPK1

CCPK1

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Any noise issues, turn on pop, whine etc? I ask because when I left the micro USB cable plugged in for a few weeks while I was still tuning my D-5.1300 I noticed some strange noises periodically. When I removed the cable from the amp everything stopped. I really like the way you mounted that USB port and will do something similar. Thanks for the writeup!
No I haven't noticed any of those issues on mine.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

WOW - nicely done! My speaker and sub upgrade seems tame and inconsequential in comparison.
Sponsored