Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia, Ranger, Fusion, E450 motorhome, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello,

I have been doing a ton of research on Ecoboost engines with the goal of adding more turbo spool noise(without adding a ton of exhaust noise), and a bit of power at the same time. Based on my readings, a high Flow Downpipe with high Flow cats could be the best way to do this. Has anyone done this on a Bronco yet?
Sponsored

Oden502

Wildtrak
First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do we need to tune after installing the downpipe ? And what will happen if we keep the stock tune ?

OP
OP
Denny3297

Denny3297

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we need to tune after installing the downpipe ? And what will happen if we keep the stock tune ?
I believe a tune is generally preferred but not necessarily required. If a stock tune it kept, it might throw a rear O2 sensor code. The high Flow cats might not scrub as well as stock.

Last edited:

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the best way to do your goal in my opinion.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...lable-for-the-ford-bronco.33300/#post-1112579

Before going down the exhaust direction buy a tune it may give you what you want having the extra boost.

To be clear this isn't my style I want be buying the above so I'm not trying to sell you something because I'm doing it I just think its your best bet to get what you want.

OP
OP
Denny3297

Denny3297

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...lable-for-the-ford-bronco.33300/#post-1112579

Before going down the exhaust direction buy a tune it may give you what you want having the extra boost.

To be clear this isn't my style I want be buying the above so I'm not trying to sell you something because I'm doing it I just think its your best bet to get what you want.
That's not quite what I am going for. I will try to find a decent sound clip and post it here.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Denny3297

Denny3297

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was the best example I could come up with quick. In this case it's a catless off-road downpipe and stock exhaust otherwise. Listen to the sound clips and hear that turbo whistle!

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK I hear 2 things
1 raspy exhaust
2 Turbo whistle

Ecoboost is a bypass so that is why you hear it coming out the exhaust.

The more you open the exhaust to more you will hear it.

Your video is without cats and has a down pipe this can be very loud while driving and have drone (50-70mph cruising) I would say yes on tuning and you could call and ask a place that has tunes but I don't think anyone has what you need at this point to tune without cats. Personally I do not recommend this unless you like a loud exhaust. This is really more for Offroad use.

Adding cats back to it will cut a ton of this sound my guess would be 30-40% with even high flow cats. That will be exhaust sound and turbo sound. This would be ok but still may have Drone

Personally if I want the Raspy sound I would look at this.

And again if I wanted turbo whistle I would watch this video.

Again this is just my opinion just trying to help.

Now when it comes to extra power read this.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/making-hp-with-ecoboost-engine-2-7-or-2-3.30037/

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
SPD will be releasing their high flow catted downpipes here shortly. Once we have more info and pricing to share with the group we'll make sure to post up.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I believe a tune is generally preferred but not necessarily required. If a stock tune it kept, it might throw a rear O2 sensor code. The high Flow cats might not scrub as well as stock.
Good Aftermarket catalytic converters can scrub as good if not better than oem factory.

Cobb Tuning has switched to putting GESi cats on their down-pipes and working with CARB to get E.O's on them.

G-Sport Emissions systems (GESi cats)

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any CARB legal downpipe set ups yet for the Bronco.
Sponsored