Sponsored

High Interior with extra sound deadening....

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Does anyone know where the extra sound deadening material will be or is it just a headliner sound deadener that is added?
Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Based solely on experience in film/sound studios... legit just a foam type insulation.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford rep had previously said the additional sound deadening is *not* the panel accessory that adheres to the inside of the hard top...

It is legit additional sound mat applied against the body during manufacture.

At least thatā€™s my understanding.

OP
OP
395N

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford rep had previously said the additional sound deadening is *not* the panel accessory that adheres to the inside of the hard top...

Thank you.
That's worth it to me.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So the complaints I get about my JK are:
#1 step in height
#2 road noise
#3 ride comfort

IFS ride better be better.

One of the reasons I am going with a higher model on the Bronco is to get the high package to reduce road noise.

Step in height will be lower - but this time I will be buying rock sliders that have removable steps after market so if (when) I lift it a little higher - or better yet they offer a 2ā€ dealer installed - Iā€™m covered.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the complaints I get about my JK are:
#1 step in height
#2 road noise
#3 ride comfort

IFS ride better be better.

One of the reasons I am going with a higher model on the Bronco is to get the high package to reduce road noise.

Step in height will be lower - but this time I will be buying rock sliders that have removable steps after market so if (when) I lift it a little higher - or better yet they offer a 2ā€ dealer installed - Iā€™m covered.
It's interesting, because my LJ was decent, but just not quite civil enough for more than a couple of hours (plus the exhaustion of constantly steering). I looked at both generations of Jeeps the TJ/LJ after and they were slightly nicer, but the ride, handling, steering and interior sound level seemed to stay almost the same (maybe I am getting older at the same rate Jeeps are improving?). I am on the fence on model and the sound deadening/quality of interior sound is a really big consideration. What I really want is the sound deadening, cloth seats and rubber floor :) Dogs are way easier to clean up after with a rubber floor and a cover on the rear seats solves the hair/dirt for the rear seats. I can do my own sound deadening material, but it is a time consuming project and the material isn't cheap.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone know where the extra sound deadening material will be or is it just a headliner sound deadener that is added?
from experience, ā€œextra sound deadening materialā€ usually applied to firewall, footwell, cabin and trunk floor. Headliner (to roof) is still optional separately.

May only help decrease 2-5db, but definitely reduce engine heat a great deal from coming thru, not a fan of hot feet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
395N

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

from experience, ā€œextra sound deadening materialā€ usually applied to firewall, footwell, cabin and trunk floor. Headliner (to roof) is still optional separately.
Cool, I hope that is the case with the Bronco too.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

May only help decrease 2-5db, but definitely reduce engine heat a great deal from coming thru, not a fan of hot feet.
Three db is a halving of the noise level. That's not insignificant.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Come on Ford - make this an option for Every Model - with No Package requirement. Having to upgrade to high end Model and then to High Package is ridiculous - at least include it with the Mid Package. :(

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed dynamat, closed cell foam & mass-loqded vinyl in my LJ on the firewall, inside the doors and on the tub before reinstalling my carpet. Made a dramatic difference in the sound and heat after I moved the transmission & tcase closer to the tub. My guess is its the additional sound deadening on firewall and floor.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

And easier, and therefore potentially cheaper, to install during the initial build as opposed to having to strip the interior after the fact, especially for the firewall.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If i had the option, i will add both the headliner and the highest sound deadening possible from the factory, but if i can do it on the BB, it will potentially drive me to the OB just for the sound deadening.

Tyrober

Outer Banks
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Definitely getting this with the high package. Getting the 12 inch screen along with everything else makes the high package a must for me. Iā€™m not going to spend 50k on a vehicle and not have it with everything I want.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those wanting the hardtop liner, without knowing how much Ford will charge for these and how good their option, I know in wranglers, there is a company called Hotheads headliners that is everyone's goto aftermarket and a better product than what Jeep offers from the factory/dealership.
Sponsored