First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I continue to see snippets here and there about having to trim some plastic pieces when installing the winch plate I have from rough country. What is this all about?
Any videos or pics are appreciated. Happy new year. David
Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
NeEd to trim the plastic covers under the toe rings
about 2 inches off the inner edge on each one

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another note on trimming, if u buy a winch that is larger than the RC 9500, the retainer caps for the sensors will need more work than the instructions imply. I got a Badlands apex and had to remove about 75% of the cap material. Good news is, the winch holds everything in place just fine, it’s just something to be aware of if you want a larger winch.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have to cut the two plastic pieces for the lower mount to fit back on. Wasn’t hard. I have done it to two Broncos so far.

Ford Bronco High Mount Rough Country Winch F8D7CBD5-7B0A-4991-A0D0-2B7109142118

Sponsored

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another note on trimming, if u buy a winch that is larger than the RC 9500, the retainer caps for the sensors will need more work than the instructions imply. I got a Badlands apex and had to remove about 75% of the cap material. Good news is, the winch holds everything in place just fine, it’s just something to be aware of if you want a larger winch.
The Warn EVO 10S is even bigger, and problematic.

You have to cut the two plastic pieces for the lower mount to fit back on. Wasn’t hard. I have done it to two Broncos so far.

Ford Bronco High Mount Rough Country Winch F8D7CBD5-7B0A-4991-A0D0-2B7109142118
I decided to just leave the caps off - for that tough(er)-guy look ;-)

Ford Bronco High Mount Rough Country Winch PXL_20220925_203153463

TallDude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am also looking at getting this RC mount.

Just would like a winch that doesn’t block the Bronco lettering maybe but that may not really matter in the end. I was thinking of just getting their RC12k winch due to price and good reviews on it.

If I do that and add the Safari Bar it’ll complete the front end, as well as block the Bronco letters, oh well.

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am also looking at getting this RC mount.

Just would like a winch that doesn’t block the Bronco lettering maybe but that may not really matter in the end. I was thinking of just getting their RC12k winch due to price and good reviews on it.

If I do that and add the Safari Bar it’ll complete the front end, as well as block the Bronco letters, oh well.
I'm planning on a safari bar as well - it'll probably block letters R and C, but I really don't like the big expanse of a grille as it is currently. The bar will also allow for an alternative location to mount my Hi-Lift.

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you expound? The 10S is what I got to go on this mount.
No amount of trimming the end caps that go on the back of the sensors was enough to make use of the caps, as the winch has a larger side profile than others, apparently. My sensors are on there without the caps holding them in. How did you make it work?

Ford Bronco High Mount Rough Country Winch PXL_20220925_201031285

Sponsored

DDraht

Outer Banks
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I have the cart before the horse so to speak, already have the RC high winch mount but don't have the Bronco. I was planning on mounting the winch plate as soon as I get the vehcile, which will be before I buy the winch. Based on this I will probably leave off the trim pieces as Wheelme did. I was thinking of going with the 10S as well but now I am wondering if it will fit. I have the factory bull bar on the modular bumper, do you think there is enough clearance that the bull bar will go over the winch? I may have screwd myself if it sits to far back.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I have the cart before the horse so to speak, already have the RC high winch mount but don't have the Bronco. I was planning on mounting the winch plate as soon as I get the vehcile, which will be before I buy the winch. Based on this I will probably leave off the trim pieces as Wheelme did. I was thinking of going with the 10S as well but now I am wondering if it will fit. I have the factory bull bar on the modular bumper, do you think there is enough clearance that the bull bar will go over the winch? I may have screwd myself if it sits to far back.
I sold my bull bar to a guy who had this setup, it fits just fine

VentureBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
No amount of trimming the end caps that go on the back of the sensors was enough to make use of the caps, as the winch has a larger side profile than others, apparently. My sensors are on there without the caps holding them in. How did you make it work?

Ford Bronco High Mount Rough Country Winch PXL_20220925_201031285
where did you mount the Evo 10S “brain”? I’m looking at this same setup (Rough Country mount+ Warn Evo 10S)…I don’t have sensors for my BaseSquatch so less to deal with I think.

I really like the look without the “brain” on top of the winch… does it work with and without it relocated ?

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

where did you mount the Evo 10S “brain”? I’m looking at this same setup (Rough Country mount+ Warn Evo 10S)…I don’t have sensors for my BaseSquatch so less to deal with I think.

I really like the look without the “brain” on top of the winch… does it work with and without it relocated ?
The "brain" is under the hood, typically secured with a mount made by BAMF, located in a crevice just fore of the battery (in a V6 model). The relocation requires that an extended-length wire kit be purchased from Warn, as the wires that come with the 10S aren't long enough to snake under the grille and into the engine compartment. As long as the controller is wired to the winch (regardless of wire length), the winch will work.
Sponsored