Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone that has committed to or interested in the High Package, are you worried about the 360 degree camera that comes out the tire and it getting damaged during any climbing or off-roading? What about just changing your tires? There is a Hands on detailed walk around video on the concept and they look like they stick out pretty far. Thoughts?

5:10 mark
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that if you are slamming the spare tire on rocks hard enough to damage the camera, you might have bigger problems...

If you are really worried about your spare hitting you could throw it in the back, or just relocate the camera. I know some members have been talking about relocating it, but I am not sure as to where.

Also, all Bronco's will have the rear backup camera. Only Broncos with High or Lux Package will get the front and side view cameras for the 360 view.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The camera locations are rear spare tire, front grill and under each side mirrors. The only ones that I would be concerned with are the side mirror cameras. The side mirrors could be vulnerable in tight spaces.

OP
OP
Captain nSANEo

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that if you are slamming the spare tire on rocks hard enough to damage the camera, you might have bigger problems...

If you are really worried about your spare hitting you could throw it in the back, or just relocate the camera. I know some members have been talking about relocating it, but I am not sure as to where.

Also, all Bronco's will have the rear backup camera. Only Broncos with High or Lux Package will get the front and side view cameras for the 360 view.
The camera locations are rear spare tire, front grill and under each side mirrors. The only ones that I would be concerned with are the side mirror cameras. The side mirrors could be vulnerable in tight spaces.
Do we know if the side mirrors fold in? And does the cameras still work if folded in?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well as mentioned, the rear camera is not going to be a concern unless you are just careless when removing / hanging the spare. I don't think it's going to be flimsy plastic either.
Do we know if the side mirrors fold in? And does the cameras still work if folded in?
They fold in & the cameras are still functional as they are on the inside of the arm

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The mirrors will fold, but there is no power fold. The mirrors folded will not be wider than the tires so you shouldn't have have any problems hitting them on anything while folded, but I am unsure when they aren't. If you look at 4:40 in the video you posted, you can see that the cameras on the mirrors are on the outer edge. This means if you fold the mirrors, the cameras will probably still work, but it may distort your view on the screen.

EDIT: I added a screenshot. It's dark, but you can see a little bump for the camera towards the right edge of the mirror.
Ford Bronco High Package 360 Camera Damage? Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 4.46.00 PM

OP
OP
Captain nSANEo

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True, I've never had a back up camera before, so it just randomly came to mind after seeing that video.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco High Package 360 Camera Damage? PXL_20201029_211048645

Considering we've seen the mirrors fold-in in-line with the fender flares. I don't think we need to worry unless you don't fold them in tight spots

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco High Package 360 Camera Damage? PXL_20201029_211048645

Considering we've seen the mirrors fold-in in-line with the fender flares. I don't think we need to worry unless you don't fold them in tight spots
Pretty sure that is the side LED spot light and not the camera lens. On my Raptor the side cameras do not change the view with the mirrors folded. They point almost straight down.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty sure that is the side LED spot light and not the camera lens. On my Raptor the side cameras do not change the view with the mirrors folded. They point almost straight down.
You can see the camera lens on the tip, I didn't fix the lighting but it's there on the end (turning up the brightness you can see)
Sponsored