Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok, another foolish question. My build is this (so far):
WT
Hoss 3.0
Keyless Entry Pad
HD Mod Bumper
Tow

Contemplating adding the high package for the 360 Camera. I have the puddle lights/spotlights on my truck and like them but don't need them. Not sure about the 12" screen vs 8". And additional sound deadening material doesn't mean a whole lot to me...

So, for $1295, is the high package worth it? Any actual benefit to the larger screen? I can see how the cameras would be cool for offroad but I've always gotten by without them...I mean, are they really helpful or are you just ignoring them and paying attention to your spotter anyway?

I know in the end, its going to be personal choice, just looking for feedback.
Sponsored

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, another foolish question. My build is this (so far):
WT
Hoss 3.0
Keyless Entry Pad
HD Mod Bumper
Tow

Contemplating adding the high package for the 360 Camera. I have the puddle lights/spotlights on my truck and like them but don't need them. Not sure about the 12" screen vs 8". And additional sound deadening material doesn't mean a whole lot to me...

So, for $1295, is the high package worth it? Any actual benefit to the larger screen? I can see how the cameras would be cool for offroad but I've always gotten by without them...I mean, are they really helpful or are you just ignoring them and paying attention to your spotter anyway?

I know in the end, its going to be personal choice, just looking for feedback.
I have a Base model I'm really happy with the smaller screen, I think you can spend $1295.00 on other cool stuff for the Bronco!

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like it!
cameras are awesome especially in unfamiliar terrain coming over a hill.
screen is ridiculously huge and you canā€™t use all of it except for the built in Nav. Other wise itā€™s a split screen 70/30 Iā€™d say.
front parking sensors are nice too since the camera doesnā€™t automatically come on when parking.
the perimeter light is neat but not as useful as Iā€™d hoped for(limited speed function.)
Itā€™s not a lot for the money the cameraā€™s are probably the best feature the 360 for parking in town is very nice.

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do it! The 12ā€ screen is so much better! 360 cameras are useful but not to everyone. Sound deadening makes a difference for sure. All in all, Iā€™m more than happy with the extra features from the high package. And in 5 years when 12ā€ is the industry standard, you will not regret your decision.

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a Base model I'm really happy with the smaller screen, I think you can spend $1295.00 on other cool stuff for the Bronco!
Agreed. But much like the factory tow package, it cannot be added afterwards.

Reactions: Jdc

Sponsored

BradW

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1933 Ford 5w Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was in the same boat as you when I was ordering. I ended up going with the high pkg and I am so happy I did. I use the 360 camera all the time just for parking and it really was nice when I was on the trail! Also, CarPlay is much nicer on the 12" screen.

First Name
Trav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Def don't skimp on the high package. Its well worth it for the extra money. I went without the Lux and I am almost sad i didn't just with the full package. Wireless charging would have been nice

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is absolutely worth it, and I've been rock crawling in old broncos for decades without the cams, they're a nice addition.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Worth it

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would have gotten it on the base if available but not willing to up trims for it...

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd say do it, $1295 is not bad for what you are getting and it's not something that can be added after purchase, well not going through extreme and costly installations. I've been following the thread about the guy wanting to upgrade to a 12" screen, the cost is $$$.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find myself forgetting to use the cams and the extra screen space is not used efficiently. I would probably skip it on a do over.

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my opinion... not worth it. But I can tell I'm in the minority here.

98%+ of the time while driving the vehicle the cameras will not be active, they automatically turn off (above 20 mph I think), so you can only use them on the trail. And even on the trail you really only need them in a select few spots. Of those cameras, only the front camera is helpful. The two side cameras and the 360 camera is, in my opinion, nothing more than a party trick that you will use only a handful of times to say "that's cool", and then you'll never use them again.

So it is hard for me to spend an extra $1200+ on a bunch of cameras that will rarely get used. It's like someone saying, "Hey if you are willing to hop out of your Bronco a few times this trip to survey the trail, we'll give you $1295. Otherwise, you can stay in the Bronco and get nothing." Personally, I'm taking the money.

The 12" screen is probably the best part about the High package, but... is it worth the price? Probably not. I would hope most people spend most of their time driving looking out the windows and not the center infotainment screen.

---

THAT SAID, the High package is a much better value than the Lux package. The Lux package to me makes no sense at all.

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
---

THAT SAID, the High package is a much better value than the Lux package. The Lux package to me makes no sense at all.
I think this is a very good point. The Lux package is darn annoying for the price. Why do garage door openers fall into that? Every car Iā€™ve owned for 20 years has it built in on even the most basic levels.

I digress. I think the high package, for the price, is well worth it. Iā€™ve learned that anything electrical is best to start from the factory. People who have looked to add similar options down the road will find the cost is 3x what the packages is. If you want to debate the usefulness of each item- that would be up to you. But Iā€™m not seeing anything at that level that I wouldnt have a use for out of the box.
Sponsored