First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hoping for some guidance on here (especially by people who are audiophiles). I ordered my Bronco with the Lux package primarily because of my understanding that the base sound system is pretty bad.

However I honestly don't care much for anything else in the Lux package. I just wanted the upgraded sound system.

I don't know anything about upgrading to a better sound system (I'd obviously have to pay to have one put in if I went for the high package). So I guess my question is - is it smarter just to stick with the Lux package and have the speakers/wiring/etc under factory warranty? Or is it a much better (and cheaper) choice to go with the High package and have aftermarket speakers installed?

I haven't upgraded a sound system since I stuck an Alpine CD player in my civic back in 1994 so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I didn’t want the wireless charging and heated steering wheel so badly I’d go high + my choice of speakers.

I’m still considering it because I hear B&O is just ok. I also know people can hack wireless charging.

Something about it being from the factory that I like about all those features. I’m still torn too.

whatyhow

First Edition
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yugo
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hoping for some guidance on here (especially by people who are audiophiles). I ordered my Bronco with the Lux package primarily because of my understanding that the base sound system is pretty bad.

However I honestly don't care much for anything else in the Lux package. I just wanted the upgraded sound system.

I don't know anything about upgrading to a better sound system (I'd obviously have to pay to have one put in if I went for the high package). So I guess my question is - is it smarter just to stick with the Lux package and have the speakers/wiring/etc under factory warranty? Or is it a much better (and cheaper) choice to go with the High package and have aftermarket speakers installed?

I haven't upgraded a sound system since I stuck an Alpine CD player in my civic back in 1994 so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
So, the first thing I would say is that an audio file typically plans on spending more than the factory set up. This particular vehicle is difficult for any Sound system. First of all there are no speakers in the doors. That limits speaker placement and options. Second is the top is removable. Both of these are features that make the bronco great but do not lend themselves to a good sounding system. There are JBL sound bars now that can be added to the base system. I know that upgrading audio systems can get crazy expensive. Skies the limit type a deal. After market is just getting started with being able to get their hands on Broncos so that they can design accessories. The sound system is no exception. My suggestion is for you to wait probably about six months to a year after the bronco has been fully released and then see what's available on the market. It's just gonna take some time for these manufacturers to build stuff. After that you should be able to audition different system before you buy them.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on how crazy you want to go with aftermarket speakers. With the wiring in place for the Lux you can swap in better speakers relatively easily, if you're looking to go all the way back to 1999 when Best Buy was 25% car audio you're going to be removing a lot of panels to run upgraded wiring, power, etc.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this video does a good job explaining the upgrading. It's pretty easy. That will eventually become especially true when a wiring harness adapter is eventually available so that you can plug and play instead of having to cut the wiring.

Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Probably $1500-2k to do a professional audio upgrade with an amp and sub if you keep it modest. I liked the sound of the B&O system in the Bronco I drove. Hard to really tell without spending much time in the Bronco. Have you driven a car with the adaptive cruise control? Hands down my favorite feature on one of my cars that has it. Makes long freeway drives really nice and also works great in slow freeway traffic (Los Angeles Ha). And for those times I am guilty of looking down at my phone.... I have a little extra piece of mind.

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, the first thing I would say is that an audio file typically plans on spending more than the factory set up. This particular vehicle is difficult for any Sound system. First of all there are no speakers in the doors. That limits speaker placement and options. Second is the top is removable. Both of these are features that make the bronco great but do not lend themselves to a good sounding system. There are JBL sound bars now that can be added to the base system. I know that upgrading audio systems can get crazy expensive. Skies the limit type a deal. After market is just getting started with being able to get their hands on Broncos so that they can design accessories. The sound system is no exception. My suggestion is for you to wait probably about six months to a year after the bronco has been fully released and then see what's available on the market. It's just gonna take some time for these manufacturers to build stuff. After that you should be able to audition different system before you buy them.
That’s a lot of information - thank you! I’m not looking for a stereo system that’s going to blow anyone’s mind…

I just like listening to music when I drive. Doesn’t need “wow” factor or anything. Just needs to be not straight garbage.
If I had the sense that the base system was “decent” I’d be ok with that.

I just want a system where I can turn on music and not be blown away by how bad it sounds 🤷🏻‍♂️

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably $1500-2k to do a professional audio upgrade with an amp and sub if you keep it modest. I liked the sound of the B&O system in the Bronco I drove. Hard to really tell without spending much time in the Bronco. Have you driven a car with the adaptive cruise control? Hands down my favorite feature on one of my cars that has it. Makes long freeway drives really nice and also works great in slow freeway traffic (Los Angeles Ha). And for those times I am guilty of looking down at my phone.... I have a little extra piece of mind.
That’s not a bad point. I’ve never driven a car with adaptive cruise control.
My dad has it in his Subaru and really seems to like it.

I pity you with LA traffic. I lived in Marina del Rey for @8 years so I can sympathize.

If a “decent” sound system is honestly going to cost that much I might as well stick with the B&O for the price and all the other upgrades. Heated steering wheel does sound pretty nice for Colorado mountain winters

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

personally I don't know what people where experiencing that just trash the base system, it was in the one I test drove and sounded just fine, just don't expect some earth shattering system that let's your neighbors know you're on the way home before you turn into your street. The B&O will be better, will it give you a back massage and make your pants vibrate? No, that won't ever happen w/o installing extra stuff. Also not what I'm looking for.

See if you can find some test mules in your area, even if they don't let you drive it, they might let you play with the stereo, adjust it to your liking and go from there. You won't have some kind of surround sound in this rig, with the rear speakers being that far back. I want my music to come from the front, I expect to be happy. I also want the other things in LUX, but upgraded sound was definitely part of the decision.

At least with the LUX system you have lots of wiring in place and can change speakers or add more a lot easier than ripping out all the panels, something I'm no longer willing to do.

I'd skip that sound bar, blocks what's left of the rear view, looks out of place to me and can't be better than a real sub I'd think. I have not heard it though. Also not compatible with LUX.

Several threads here already of people changing things and adding a sub etc, poke around and look at crutchfield.com what they already offer, more to come from others too I'm sure.

I plan to keep this rig for a long time, so those extra couple thousand won't really matter in the long run (as long as you can afford them now) and I really don't enjoy fiddling with wiring and panels and all that.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m still considering it because I hear B&O is just ok. I also know people can hack wireless charging.

Has there been any follow up to the message regarding the BRONCO wireless charging being unreliable as stated in a previous post?

Sponsored

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The B&O will be better, will it give you a back massage and make your pants vibrate? No, that won't ever happen w/o installing extra stuff. Also not what I'm looking for.

Hypothetically speaking, if I had a friend looking for some pants vibration, how would I......I mean him go about doing that......

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

audiophile
noun

au·dio·phile | \ ˈȯ-dē-ō-ˌfī(-ə)l

\

Definition of audiophile

: I just want a system where I can turn on music and not be blown away by how bad it sounds

:p

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
audiophile
noun

au·dio·phile | \ ˈȯ-dē-ō-ˌfī(-ə)l

\

Definition of audiophile

: I just want a system where I can turn on music and not be blown away by how bad it sounds

:p
I see you speak my language ;) I probably could have been a lot clearer. I'm definitely not an audiophile but I figured the people who are would be really tuned into the sound system/options on the Bronco...

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First, I appreciate good music and sound quality but I am not an audiophile or expert. My experience after about a week with the Lux package is the B&O is really nice, but not awe-inspiring. At low volume levels the sound is just ok. Mainly because the rear speakers are pretty far back and with a soft top there isn't much acoustic help. When you crank it up a bit, that is a whole different story. At volumes 10+ the system kicks butt. It has all of the range of sounds and the sub shows off nicely. It is crisp and clear with great balance. So if you like it a little on the louder side (not obnoxious mind you) you will be very happy with the B&O.

Last edited:

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kidding aside, I'm in same boat. If I go non-lux, I almost assuredly will take it to a stereo shop and get an upgrade. If I go Lux, then I know it won't be mind blowing, but it may be good enough for what the Bronco is. If not, I'll still have to pay a stereo shop.
Sponsored