Sponsored

High Vs Lux

Which Package do you like more for the money?

• Total voters

igarrett1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I currently drive a Toyota Camry but bronco soon.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi Bronco Gang, looking at ordering a 2023 bronco when the order banks open and I just had a quick question about packaging, I just want to know is it actually worth spending a couple extra thousand on a Lux Package or is it better to just keep the High? I’m not seeing much that would make me want to upgrade to the top package.
Any knowledge is welcome

Thanks!
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you are already sure that the increased features are not something worth the overall added cost, then what is there to discuss?

All this is going to show is if people think the lux package is worth it to them, nothing to do with you at all.

You get a list of features and look at the cost (including resale percentage, perhaps extra waiting time, etc.) Then you decide based on your personal preferences and budget. The End.

If you want a committee of B6 forum buffoons to pick your ride, good luck with that, it won't be pretty.

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi Bronco Gang, looking at ordering a 2023 bronco when the order banks open and I just had a quick question about packaging, I just want to know is it actually worth spending a couple extra thousand on a Lux Package or is it better to just keep the High? I’m not seeing much that would make me want to upgrade to the top package.
Any knowledge is welcome

Thanks!
Hard to say, mainly because we don't know if the packaging will be the same when 2023 opens up

At this time, this is what it adds

Ford Bronco High Vs Lux 1650910070558

What do I personally find useful from this? B&O Sound, Dashboard USB Ports, Wireless Charging and the Garage Door Opener.

I don't really care for the heated steering wheel and the Adaptive Cruise Control is not the Stop&Go, it is the older system(the one currently in the Mustangs.)

I wouldn't upgrade. You can easily add a Wireless Charing Pad like seen in the forums. Garage Door Opener is available at any retail store. The B&O is an amazing system and sounds excellent, but I don't care for "sound" that much, but the Subwoofer is a plus to have.

alexg823

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco OBX Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got Lux specifically for adaptive cruise control. It's a total game changer if you're into road tripping, even without stop and go.

wedemmoez

Badlands
First Name
Moez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's what you get for the additional 2k or so. I have the lux package on my Bronco, and I think the additions are worth it. My comments below

• Adaptive cruise control - worth it
  • 10-speaker B&O sound system - Way better than the stock stereo, and a good upgrade without having to do it yourself
  • Connected built-in navigation system - its ok, I use carplay more than anything
  • Evasive steering assist - Never had a need for this, not 100% sure it actually exists
  • Universal garage door opener - I like it. Probably should have been on the high package
  • Two additional front-row USB smart-charging ports - Use these all the time to power gopro on off road or long road trips
  • Wireless charging pad - Useless. It's only 5W, so it barely charges your phone.
  • Heated steering wheel - 1000000% worth it.

Overall, I think its worth the upgrade, especially for the adaptive cruise and upgraded sound system. I had no desire to take the door cards off my new Bronco to upgrade the speakers.

Sponsored

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

adaptive cruise is great

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Adaptive cruise control - useless to me
  • 10-speaker B&O sound system - I think the standard stereo is just fine. Others think B&O still sucks and upgrade it anyway.
  • Connected built-in navigation system -useless to me
  • Evasive steering assist - useless to me
  • Universal garage door opener - useless to me, a clip on remote is fine if I needed it but I park outside.
  • Two additional front-row USB smart-charging ports - added my own for $10
  • Wireless charging pad - too weak to be useful
  • Heated steering wheel - I'd like to have this but I've never had one so I don't know what I'm missing

So one single benefit to me. Easy pass.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's what you get for the additional 2k or so. I have the lux package on my Bronco, and I think the additions are worth it. My comments below

• Adaptive cruise control - worth it
  • 10-speaker B&O sound system - Way better than the stock stereo, and a good upgrade without having to do it yourself
  • Connected built-in navigation system - its ok, I use carplay more than anything
  • Evasive steering assist - Never had a need for this, not 100% sure it actually exists
  • Universal garage door opener - I like it. Probably should have been on the high package
  • Two additional front-row USB smart-charging ports - Use these all the time to power gopro on off road or long road trips
  • Wireless charging pad - Useless. It's only 5W, so it barely charges your phone.
  • Heated steering wheel - 1000000% worth it.

Overall, I think its worth the upgrade, especially for the adaptive cruise and upgraded sound system. I had no desire to take the door cards off my new Bronco to upgrade the speakers.
100% agree with all of this... (except the heated steering wheel is not that big of a deal to me. My wife will love it though)

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was worth it for me to get- the B&O system (even though speaker upgrades are forthcoming), adaptive cruise, garage opener, dash USB.

Sponsored

TriggerTX

First Name
Trigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
61 Ford T-Bird, Autozam AZ-1, Golf R, Suburban 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Agree on almost everything. Once you've had a heated steering wheel, you'll never go back. I only use the one in my Suburban a few weeks a year but it makes things so nice.

The wireless charging might as well not exist. I tried it at the Rodeo and my phone discharged faster than it could keep up with. That was only using the bluetooth music. If I'm ever blessed by the Ford gods to own a Bronco I'm looking at if that can be boosted/upgraded. 15watts minimum in my opinion is needed.

Extra USB is exactly for that GoPro.

I gotta have my tunes and the B&O is just the easy upgrade path. I could spend that $2k on just a stereo upgrade and not get the rest of goodies.

And adaptive cruise control is the shit on long road trips. Find someone doing the speed you want and lock on for the next 100 miles.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There should be more features in LUX in my opinion. My guess is the digital dash from the raptor will make it's way to LUX for 2023. That being said, I'm a tech geek and have to have every feature. ACC was a game changer in my grand cherokee, I will never have a daily driver without it. Wish it had stop and go. Rush hour with stop and go ACC will change your life.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any knowledge is welcome

Thanks!
Depends on what your preferences are but I say do it especially if you plan on financing. Heated Steering wheel is something that you can't get aftermarket and that for many people is a gamechager. If you got kids, you are going to need those usb ports. It's just nice to have it all done for you when you get it too.

AKMark

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LUX, because I couldn't get the heated steering wheel without all the other over priced crap.

Did Ford even consider people who live in cold places? should have offered it as a stand alone option.

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I’ve seen, if you’re going to use this for off-reading, the Lux can be a bit of a pain. There’s a bunch of sensors to turn off or the vehicle keeps chiming at you.

Personally I didn’t think it was worth it and went with High. The only thing worth the money is the adaptive cruise control but because I’m getting a manual, that doesn’t really work….

It depends on your situation and what you’ll use this vehicle for.
Sponsored