First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m getting impatient waiting for my Wildtrak so in April I bought a Big Bend Sport. The dealer knows I’m still waiting so my salesman sends me a message every time they have an order fall through. Two times I’ve almost done it (both times it was +10k over MSRP) but didn’t. Yesterday he sent me a picture of an Outer Banks in Gray and the sticker. Check out the attached pictures. $51k MSRP asking $75k…with no room for negotiation. So my question is this, is this the new norm? I’m not going to buy it, I want to know what the general consensus is.
Ford Bronco Highway Robbery or The New Norm 7B904052-B902-4ACD-AF5A-4C6B0E5D1ED1
Ford Bronco Highway Robbery or The New Norm 4F3AC299-D5B5-4A7F-9A9B-982A33E13643
Sponsored

Last edited:

Deltamav

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Under no circumstances should you reward your dealer for its greed by agreeing to pay their outrageous markups. Just be patient and wait for the one you ordered. I know it's easier said than done, but the last thing you want to do is tarnish the excitement of owning and driving this vehicle by being confronted with an outrageous monthly payment that makes you regret ever having bought the vehicle in the first place. Of course, I'm assuming you're going to be financing the purchase just like 90% of other buyers; if money is no object for you, then do whatever.

OP
OP
madfella

madfella

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It'll be the norm until people stop buying them at that price.
This is true. And it will sell. They can’t keep them on the lot for more than 24 hours. I can’t do it. I loathe negative equity and I’m not putting 25k down on a vehicle.

Sponsored
OP
OP
madfella

madfella

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Under no circumstances should you reward your dealer for its greed by agreeing to pay their outrageous markups. Just be patient and wait for the one you ordered. I know it's easier said than done, but the last thing you want to do is tarnish the excitement of owning and driving this vehicle by being confronted with an outrageous monthly payment that makes you regret ever having bought the vehicle in the first place. Of course, I'm assuming you're going to be financing the purchase just like 90% of other buyers; if money is no object for you, then do whatever.
Oh I’m with you 💯. I’m definitely not in the “money is no object” category. 🤣

jsteph262

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is true. And it will sell. They can’t keep them on the lot for more than 24 hours. I can’t do it. I loathe negative equity and I’m not putting 25k down on a vehicle.
Yeah, its a bummer but there's a lot of people with more money than brains that scoop those things up. It's outrageous some of the markups dealers are putting on these things, this being up there as one of the worst I've seen.

Sponsored

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found a reputable dealer that swore to no ADM. I placed a no money down dealer order for my Badlands. I waited 4 months and got a phone call when it arrived. I paid MSRP of $56K. "Good" dealers are still out there, you just may not be able to buy from the closest lot with a big blue sign out front. YMMV.

Flip17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Salesmen have lost their mind. A few weeks ago I sent a message to dealer about 4-Runner and told them 45k was my spending limit. 2 hours later I get a text from him that says they just got a real nice 4-Runner that was only 61k... what a steal

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you guys see the dealer addendum on the right side of the sticker?!? I just saw “Lifetime Nitro Fill: $499.00”…🤣 GTFO with that BS.
Are you sure they aren't hitting you with those when you're order comes in? I sort of feel like they are lubing you up, they're priming you