First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you sure they aren't hitting you with those when you're order comes in? I sort of feel like they are lubing you up, they're priming you
Ugh…They better not. They tried it when I bought my Sport and I told them to kick rocks. They removed all the charges but still did the “dealer services”. I paid $500 under MSRP for my sport.
Sponsored

Lowdogg

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak, Honda Odyssey, '04 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just received mine, but would have walked away if they pulled funny business and definitely would not pay that kind of premium on something other than what I ordered.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's just dealer greed. It's horrible that it just continues to happen. Look at the E F150's- some dealers selling for almost 200K. Who gets this greed- is it the dealer owners or is it split between the higher ups? Whatever it's just horrible and it won't stop until the consumer refuses to buy.

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a dealer text me this past weekend telling me they had a used 2 dr manual black diamond for $57K, msrp was right over $38K. Pretty different from my 4 dr 2.7 base Sasquatch on order. Needless to say, I declined.

Sponsored

sjjohnny

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Black Diamond, '00 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A local dealer recently sent me a text on a '21 OBX with 9K miles. They want 70K. Here is their description (no pricing breakdown on their website).

Dealer Notes
Blue 2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Advanced 4WD 10-Speed Automatic Intercooled Turbo Regular Unleaded I-4 2.3 L/140 ABS brakes, Alloy wheels, Compass, Front dual zone A/C, Heated door mirrors, Heated front seats, Illuminated entry, Low tire pressure warning, Remote keyless entry, Traction control.

Recent Arrival!
---
I told them that was ridiculous, I'll wait for my under invoice BD which will be delivered next month.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can’t believe they are getting $20k markups anymore. Interest rates soaring and economic uncertainty has cash buyers holding on to their money. I think a $5k ADM is probably more realistic for that Bronco.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why are you doing business with them? To ask ADM and all that other crap from an order customer.........rip off ! The worst kind !

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can’t believe they are getting $20k markups anymore. Interest rates soaring and economic uncertainty has cash buyers holding on to their money. I think a $5k ADM is probably more realistic for that Bronco.
But you see the dealers are now contacting the potential buyers, not the other way around. They are fishing for the last few ones that will fall for the price gouging tactics.

The market is turning.

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Paying some kind of markup for a vehicle available on the lot is the "norm" right now. I think that will change with interest rates soaring, inflation, etc. However, the markup on that Big Bend is not normal. I think you can get them less than $10k and maybe closer to $5k over in places now.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's just cause it is a Bronco.

There are two types of vehicles:
  • The "appliance" vehicle... your daily driver. The one you don't really care about, but it gets good MPG, the one that you use to haul your family around it, etc.
  • The "pleasure" vehicle... the car you want, the one that brings you happiness, takes you places you want to go, etc.
The Bronco for most people is that pleasure vehicle, and buyers of pleasure vehicles are very "sticky". If you are a looking to buy a Ford Mustang, chances are you aren't going to settle for Dodge Challenger, or a Chevy Camaro... you want a Mustang. If you are a Jeep Wrangler fan, that's the vehicle you want, there could be another type of vehicle that does everything the Jeep Wrangler does, maybe even for a cheaper price... but you still want the Wrangler. That is what the Bronco is to many people.

The market is starting to turn... but the first buyers who are going to give up are the "appliance" buyers. Maybe yesterday they were looking at the Ford Explorer, but now with interest rates and fuel prices they're now more interested in the Ford Escape. Maybe Toyota Avalon was looking good, but now they're looking at the Camry or Corolla. Or maybe they decided they are fine with their current vehicle for a few more years.

Prices have to go up a LOT more to shake those "pleasure" buyers. They're going to try to hold as long as they can.

BurtMacklin

Outer Banks
First Name
AMS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB 4 DR / 22 F150 / 23 OBX 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a similar thing happen- bought an OBX Sport while waiting for my order- meanwhile the dealer tried to sell me a 4Dr Black Diamond for 20k over...
Just don't do it, enjoy the Sport (despite the bad-mouthing they are awesome little SUV's), wait for your order and enjoy fantastic trade in value when your Bronco arrives. They are worth the wait, but not worth the negative equity.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wrong or not - the lending institutions are financing them. Here's the Black Book screen shot on a USED '22 OBX 4 dr with Leather and 2.7 (I didn't add any other options - couldn't see what the sticker said for options in the included picture):

Notice the Finance Advance number : $67,600 Meaning lenders will lend that amount without down payment. Look at the Extra Clean retail value number. This is based on sales and auctions.

This is a USED '22 OBX w/ 500 miles.

Ford Bronco Highway Robbery or The New Norm 1657032933898

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder how much the dealer would get for that bronco if it accidentally caught on fire in the middle of the night.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Holy crap!! That’s ridiculous. I don’t want to sell mine my dealer offered me $5k over msrp two weeks ago. ‘21 with 4K miles (3 1/2” lift) It’s tempting but then I drove it home and I like it too much. If he goes to $60k I’m afraid I might not be able to turn him down. Since my wife has a Bronco as well I’d be fine with it.
Sponsored