First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Public Transport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Once the supply chain (mainly TSMC) catches up, things will somewhat normalize. With such a limited supply of all new vehicles (anecdotally the dealerships in the Boston area and Orlando area are empty), something like the bronco is easy for dealers to ask for and get markups pricing. If you can hold off for 6-8 months you will have much more bargaining leverage.

I was luckily enough to be able to order my Bronco through military car sales; but I am also in the market for the new Honda Civic Type R and most dealerships are asking for 10k-15k ADM or 20% - 30% markup so I feel your pain.
Sponsored

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™m getting impatient waiting for my Wildtrak so in April I bought a Big Bend Sport. The dealer knows Iā€™m still waiting so my salesman sends me a message every time they have an order fall through. Two times Iā€™ve almost done it (both times it was +10k over MSRP) but didnā€™t. Yesterday he sent me a picture of an Outer Banks in Gray and the sticker. Check out the attached pictures. $51k MSRP asking $75kā€¦with no room for negotiation. So my question is this, is this the new normā€¦should I just break down and buy? I still probably wonā€™t but I want to know what the general consensus is.
7B904052-B902-4ACD-AF5A-4C6B0E5D1ED1.jpeg
4F3AC299-D5B5-4A7F-9A9B-982A33E13643.jpeg
Sure if he takes your trade-in with a $24K price hike. Sounds fair.

In all reality enjoy what you have and the time will come these prices regulate. At $75k youā€™re not far from a Raptor right?

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you guys see the dealer addendum on the right side of the sticker?!? I just saw ā€œLifetime Nitro Fill: $499.00ā€ā€¦šŸ¤£ GTFO with that BS.
How about they give free routine maintenance and repairs for life, with everything covered and no deductible, for that markup? $499 lifetime Nitro?šŸ˜‚. What a joke. Maybe if they come out to the trail to air you back up? šŸ˜

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Under no circumstances should you reward your dealer for its greed by agreeing to pay their outrageous markups. Just be patient and wait for the one you ordered. I know it's easier said than done, but the last thing you want to do is tarnish the excitement of owning and driving this vehicle by being confronted with an outrageous monthly payment that makes you regret ever having bought the vehicle in the first place. Of course, I'm assuming you're going to be financing the purchase just like 90% of other buyers; if money is no object for you, then do whatever.
Its not a matter of rewarding the dealer, they are only asking these prices because it is what the market will bare. If you had a first gen Bronco would you sell it for $5000 when you know you could get $30,000 because it is the right thing to do? Of course not. Now if a dealer promised a price and renege, different story. That said I personally would never pay these kinds of markups.

Sponsored

Deltamav

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its not a matter of rewarding the dealer, they are only asking these prices because it is what the market will bare. If you had a first gen Bronco would you sell it for $5000 when you know you could get $30,000 because it is the right thing to do? Of course not. Now if a dealer promised a price and renege, different story. That said I personally would never pay these kinds of markups.
"What the market will bear." What a remarkable way of stripping the humanity out of the equation. What is the market comprised of? Buyers like the OP. Why do dealers charge these outrageous markups? Because they think buyers are impatient and will pay a premium for that instant gratification. Purchasing a vehicle with such a markup only confirms what the dealers already suspected and thus rewards them for correctly reading the landscape, which in turn makes it more likely that the markups will continue.

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Neighbor across the street got a used 21 gladiator Rubicon 5000 miles. Now it did have quite a bit of aftermarket goodies which my neighbor would have had to buy. Now he built it online but had to wait. Probably months. Built price 56,000 used of the lot 67,000 and when asked what can you do on the price he looked at him and said if you don't want it. I will wait 5 minutes and the next guy will snatch it up.

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m getting impatient waiting for my Wildtrak so in April I bought a Big Bend Sport. The dealer knows Iā€™m still waiting so my salesman sends me a message every time they have an order fall through. Two times Iā€™ve almost done it (both times it was +10k over MSRP) but didnā€™t. Yesterday he sent me a picture of an Outer Banks in Gray and the sticker. Check out the attached pictures. $51k MSRP asking $75kā€¦with no room for negotiation. So my question is this, is this the new normā€¦should I just break down and buy? I still probably wonā€™t but I want to know what the general consensus is.
7B904052-B902-4ACD-AF5A-4C6B0E5D1ED1.jpeg
4F3AC299-D5B5-4A7F-9A9B-982A33E13643.jpeg
Unfortunately- nothing can be done. There is a lot of shortage going on. When will it end- is any bodys guess. Overall market size during 2008 recession is was like ~13.2 million units. 2021 is 14.2 million units. 2022 appears to be headed to 13.8 million units or so. That is not because of lack of demand, but because of lack of supply. Population who wants to drive has also gone up. There is a significant demand : supply mismatch. Propping up demand is easy- give money to people and they come and buy., but propping up supply is way different.
Public transportation infrastructure is not coming in 1 year to alleviate the pain and even if it comes , people wont be interested in giving up their freedom of movement and rely on those things. They would rather pay extra and get a vehicle than compromise their mobility.

I guess Nobody is benefiting in this situation- OEMs dont make enough coz they sell way less number of units, honest dealers wont make enough money coz they sell way less number of units. Automotive is based on scale. you sell less number of units, less money (if price remains same) which also means less number of units r coming for service.

Try Carvana or some of those online dealers- they should be able to get you a Bronco (outer banks or so) way cheaper than your dealer. You will pay only 10-12K more.

Last edited:

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not robbery if someone is dumb enough to give them their money. If someone pays over MSRP they will have a bad day a few years from now when they want to get rid of it and they are upside down and lose their a$$ getting rid of it.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Tell him to go f* himself.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's what I've been saying. It's a TOTALLY unique situation that I've never seen or heard of before and I know more than a few people who have been in the car business for decades (sales, GM, service and Finance people) and NO ONE I've talked to can remember anything like this.

The supply constraints (COVID lockdowns, supply chain, chip shortages etc) plus ramped up demand (regardless of shutdowns - new / used car demand was growing steadily during COVID - I'm betting people moving away from cities since they could now work from home helped this demand) has created a truly unique situation with both car sales, RV (boats, campers etc) sales and home sales as well.

It's one thing to buy a high demand and pay above sticker and use trade in equity / or cash down payment to offset that and finance it - but this is across the board.

Hard to see banks walking this back quickly as it instantly affects so many of the loans on their books.
2008 real estate crash

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am literally seeing them everywhere now. Teller at my bank told me this morning that she put in an order in March (yes '22) and it is scheduled for delivery next week. I don't mean to rub salt in the wound for some who are still waiting, but I suspect supply is working itself out. One can only hope that price gouging will soon follow.

DeBo

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2 door. Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really do like my little Sport. šŸ‘ŒšŸ½
I bought and drove a Sport for a year and loved it. I was actually thinking I may miss it when/if my Bronco ever arrived. (I don't). Well the Bronco arrived about a month ago and I can say it was worth every bit of the wait. Enjoy the Sport for now and then sell it. You may lose a couple bucks but nowhere near 20K. But get the real Bronco trust me!!!

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco/2008 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Greedy bastards. They could have at least threw a small lift and a nice set of wheels and tires for that price.
Sponsored