Sponsored

Hill Decent Control (on auto transmission) = the most quirky Bronco feature I learned from my Off-Roadeo experience

desibull

Black Diamond
First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I participated in the Nevada off-Roadeo this past weekend and what an experience it was!! The staff was amazing, food was amazing, and the location was amazing!! Being new to off-roading I learned a lot about just off-roading in general, but of course learned about the various features of the Bronco. Really really highly recommend going to one if you have not.

So...the quirky feature that the instructor showed us is the "Hill Decent Control" on auto-trans. The Ford manual only lists the option under MT but if you have a Sasquatch 10-speed auto you can access it as well. To get it to is a bit clunky.

Essentially to get to it via the center Bronco button on the GOAT model dial. So, here goes:
  1. Set your Bronco to either 4H or 4L
  2. Press the center Bronco button - you will now be on Trail 1-Pedal assist
  3. Press the Set + button on the left hand side of your steering wheel - you will now be in Trail Control
  4. Engage the Parking Brake on the lower left of the driver side - LOL!! you are now in Hill Decent Control (you can check this by the grey icon in your dash)
  5. Release the parking brake - you will still be in Hill Decent Control
Apologize if this has already been covered elsewhere in the forum but I could not find it nor could I find this in any YouTube videos or in the Ford Manual.
Sponsored

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was also impressed with the hill decent control when I was there in September. Looked for it on my rig when I got back and could not find it. I have a non-sas obx though.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We used it on a mountain pass, it was great. Haven't tried the one pedal mode, actually haven't been in anything but 4a

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is common in many vehicles now. Cool stuff. My 2017 F-250 has it too.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi All:
I posted this in the Off-Roadeo forum but not sure how many follow that so re-posting it here.

I participated in the Nevada off-Roadeo this past weekend and what an experience it was!! The staff was amazing, food was amazing, and the location was amazing!! Being new to off-roading I learned a lot about just off-roading in general, but of course learned about the various features of the Bronco. Really really highly recommend going to one if you have not.

So...the quirky feature that the instructor showed us is the "Hill Decent Control" on auto-trans. The Ford manual only lists the option under MT but if you have a Sasquatch 10-speed auto you can access it as well. To get it to is a bit clunky.

Essentially to get to it via the center Bronco button on the GOAT model dial. So, here goes:
  1. Set your Bronco to either 4H or 4L
  2. Press the center Bronco button - you will now be on Trail 1-Pedal assist
  3. Press the Set + button on the left hand side of your steering wheel - you will now be in Trail Control
  4. Engage the Parking Brake on the lower left of the driver side - LOL!! you are now in Hill Decent Control (you can check this by the grey icon in your dash)
  5. Release the parking brake - you will still be in Hill Decent Control
Apologize if this has already been covered elsewhere in the forum but I could not find it nor could I find this in any YouTube videos or in the Ford Manual.
Thats a lot of steps to get to hill decent control. Are you also in Trail control?

What's the difference between trail 1-Pedal assist and trail control?

Sponsored
OP
OP
desibull

desibull

Black Diamond
First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@FLSTFI Dave you will be out of Trail Control.

The 1 Pedal assist basically simulates your left leg being on the break pedal. When you release the accelerators it brakes....very useful to really control your movement when you are going over boulders

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So when you go from Trail 1 pedal assist to trail control it takes you out of 1 peddle assist. Then when you go too hill decent control it takes you out of trail control if I am understanding correctly?

Wondering if this will work on my Raptor

OP
OP
desibull

desibull

Black Diamond
First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Correct

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have yet to even try it, it seems entirely unnecessary.
Low speed cruise is the bomb for trail creepin. Use it all the time up north. Set it at 5mph, crack a beer, enjoy the next hour and a half cruise. Up hill, down hill, don’t matter. She stays at 5 mph.

Sponsored

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have yet to even try it, it seems entirely unnecessary.
We were going down a pretty steep hill with it on and all I had to do was steer. I thought it was awesome!

OP
OP
desibull

desibull

Black Diamond
First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is awesome!

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am surely not understanding correctly but here's my question because I need some clarity.

It was my understanding that anything below Badlands even if sas'd did not get Trail One Pedal Assist only the trail cruse control feature. I have a '22 BD Sas and my center button shows only the cruse feature and not the cruse/one pedal icon. Do I secretly have one pedal? Do you need a Badlands and up to access this quirk you're talking about?

No clue why the image decided it was better off sideways

Ford Bronco Hill Decent Control (on auto transmission) = the most quirky Bronco feature I learned from my Off-Roadeo experience tempImageWqi0wc

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands