First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went to start my bronco as usual . The alert popped up on dash (Hill start assist failure ) and I got notifications on the Ford pass . Parked in a basic driveway pretty much flat . I’m taking it to the dealer on Wednesday but last time I had them check the clicking in the brakes and the play in the gas pedal when accelerating they said it all checked out fine . Maybe this has something do to with that as well . I’ll report back once checked

90B878DA-8DFE-482F-8E60-D522D869A330.png
Sponsored

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had some random codes including hill start assist and drive modes not available come up in my 2018 mustang not long after I got it. 1st trip to the dealer they just tried disconnecting the battery and resetting everything. Picked it up and threw the same codes again in the parking lot. After about a week there the 2nd time, they found a loose ground wire for one of the modules under the backseat and thats all it was haha

OP
OP
BroncoAdventures

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had some random codes including hill start assist and drive modes not available come up in my 2018 mustang not long after I got it. 1st trip to the dealer they just tried disconnecting the battery and resetting everything. Picked it up and threw the same codes again in the parking lot. After about a week there the 2nd time, they found a loose ground wire for one of the modules under the backseat and thats all it was haha
I hope they figure it out and just don’t tell me it’s OK. 😅 Also hopefully they figure it out the first time lol

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is Hill Start Assist something you can turn off easilly, or do I need FORSCAN?

Sounds like a horrible annoyance.

OP
OP
BroncoAdventures

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is Hill Start Assist something you can turn off easilly, or do I need FORSCAN?

Sounds like a horrible annoyance.
Not sure but while searching i found the F-150 has the same issue . I wonder what it could be . Hopefully the dealer can find out .

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure but while searching i found the F-150 has the same issue . I wonder what it could be . Hopefully the dealer can find out .
F-150s have not been built with a stick shift since 2008. Wouldn't surprise me if the Mustang had the same issue though.

OP
OP
BroncoAdventures

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had the same issue yesterday, what did you find out?
I took my bronco in last week and had them check and they just told me bring it back if it happens again . They said it could be a bug on the front windshield that blocked the sensor . I have no idea if he just made this up or not but it hasn’t happened again . If it happens again I’ll update here

pineapple

Black Diamond
First Name
Cass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Potentially dumb question but is hill start assists for manual Broncos or something else? All my cars have been manuals, so I only know it from the assist a lot of new manual cars have that rolls you forward on a hill when the clutch is lightly disengaged, to prevent rolling back.

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

maybe I’m missing something here… your car shows as a Sasquatch in your Ford Pass (unless you named it that without the Sasquatch package) but they haven’t delivered any manual Sasquatch’s yet… is hill start assist still enabled for autos?

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
maybe I’m missing something here… your car shows as a Sasquatch in your Ford Pass (unless you named it that without the Sasquatch package) but they haven’t delivered any manual Sasquatch’s yet… is hill start assist still enabled for autos?
Yep

Bwaggs83

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting hill start assist failures as well. 2.7 auto sas

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Add me to the list - I got Hill Start Assist and then followed by 4x4 error service soon error every time I startup. It has been raining pretty hard here on the east coast. So I am thinking that has something to do with it. 480 miles so far.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A little over 400 miles on her and I just got hit with the Hill Assist error too. Sounds pretty common, headed to dealer in a couple weeks
Sponsored